• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New King of Fighters XIV teaser reveals Leona and CHANG KOEHAN

Tizoc

Sorry still doesn't LOOK good, but gameplay looks promising

EducatedBowedJohndory.gif

Otherwise, the sexy is back <3
chang-breakeverything.gif

BadWolf

Better than before.

The animation feels like they are using 3D models but thinking in terms of 2D timing.

Tizoc

The 'animation flow' from normals to specials etc. is really really bad I agree, kinda reminds of how that Chinese KoF copycat animated actually.

Warxard

Banned
It still looks really rough. Iori's face got an improvement though.

Nice to see Chang back. Here's hoping his homie returns.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Eww...going from KOF13(the best KOF has ever looked outside of Capcom's developed crossovers) to this is just painful and sad to watch.

They had the option to reveal a character at a Korean event and they didn't go with Kim or Jhun Hoon?

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh. Not a fan of Chang at all but on the bright side, if he's in that probably means his buddies will be too.

Happy about Leona though, she's great.

Oh, what's this from? I've never seen this before.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Leona! Yesss!

But...goddamn it looks really fucking bad. Ugh. I'm still kind of hyped because I know SNK isn't the richest company around. Hopefully the gameplay shines.

TreIII

The main thing that disappoints me is that the animations just don't "pop" quite like SNK's games are known for (even among their various 3D efforts).

Kyo's Orochi Nagi just doesn't have that "oomph", for example. And you don't feel like Iori is literally digging his nails into the opposition, either.

Hopefully it gets better. I mean, I'll likely be playing it anyway, but they can CERTAINLY be doing better than this.

Graphically, it still looks really rough, and this is a game that's exclusive to PS4. Gameplay looks kinda solid, and I say that without any knowledge of this KOF's mechanics.

I'm glad to see more news, but I'm not excited. I need more detailed mechanical info.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Not sure why they couldn't just reuse 13 and all its sprites.

i'm assuming cause they dont have the technical capabilities or resources to make those kinds of sprites anymore. That's just what i'm guessing.

Top Bottom