• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony PlayStation 4 Hits 500 Games Milestone

In fact, according to our database – which has been fact-checked against the PlayStation Store itself – there are now 516 games available on the PlayStation 4. 264 of these are “indies” (published by independent developers or small, indie-focused publishers). The remaining 252 have come through major publishers. We can anticipate another 20 or so titles arriving by the end of the year as well, depending on what the indies throw up.

It’s a milestone certainly worth celebrating, and the figure is well ahead of rival console the Xbox One, which has a currently available library of 349 games. However, the latter is expected to add 100 games through backwards compatibility on November 12.

Source

Edit: Here is the list of games released on disc for PlayStation platforms:

• PlayStation: 2355
  • PlayStation 2: 2469 / 3874 as of March 2014
  • PlayStation 3: 1026

from Wikipedia

Rymuth

I guess it's time to retire these comics. Shame...
2587336-7685906461-No%2BGa.png

The Vita has over a thousand games as well. You should never be short of something to play on a PlayStation console.

At least not in 2015. Don't talk to me about 2009.

Fedele

Awesome milestone, now they should just improve the UI/discoverability and offers for the platform and I will buy more of those 500 games.

Stanng243

The funniest part of the article to me is they only anticipate another 20 games this year. The PS4 got 8 games this week alone.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
So, basically the PS4 only has 252 real games.

Basically.

I just mentioned in another thread about game output when someone mentioned the Vita and Dreamcast. Is it shocking that the Vita is outpacing the Wii U in game output? Or do I have that wrong?

Because it seems to me Sony may have given up on the Vita waay before Nintendo gave up on the Wii U. If so thats an accomplishment to have more games than th Wii U.

Now that I think about it....which one has sold the most console so far.... I would be shocked if the Vita sold more.

Top Bottom