• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Learning to Walk Again (8+ month struggle)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Some here may know 2015 has been a tough struggle for me, some may not
Fractured my left leg in February, Blew my back out in May, Spinal Stenosis of the Thoracic Spine found in June (discovered, 2 surgeries, 9 hours total)
I hadn't walked in nearly 8 months
When I fractured my left leg I was 475lbs, today while on the assistance equipment I'm 325lbs
Machine counterweights me another 80lbs, so I'm roughly 245lbs here while moving

My new equipment to help me start walking:
ABEgPOgl.jpg

Once I'm setup:
a3vKmXXl.jpg

This is my 4th try with this equipment, last 3 were very slow and needed a lot of assistance from the PT with legs, but this time I did it on my own with willpower:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...=1845863130&notif_t=like&ref=m_notif&refid=48

Getting there slowly!

Altazor

you can do this, bro. You're getting there. Don't let anybody else (least of all yourself) tell you otherwise!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
My brother is going through the same(bad car accident last year), and I see first hand how much work it takes relearning this stuff. All the best man, keep us updated on your progress.

Dead Man

Sorry to hear about your health issues, but keep up the work man, you will get there. Seems pretty bloody decent progress so far, good work!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Power on! Also grats on the weight loss!

I felt kind of bad for you that your gofundme thread here got locked. I understand why it happened though.

JDSN

Banned
Get better, remember that you should not focus on "losing weight" rather than maintaining a balanced diet.

Dealing with all that adversity and keeping a smile on your face, plus losing 150lbs while being off your feet? You're one tough son of a bitch, keep it up man.

ryan13ts

Keep at it man, I can only imagine how tough it must be but it'll be well worth it when you get there. Wish you the best of luck on your recovery

NastyBook

Best of luck to you, Graverobber. You got this. Hopefully we'll see you back on Destiny soon, just to see how quickly you reach the highest achievable light level.

Davidion

You're Corona yeah? Congrats on the recovery and getting back on your feet from woodside/Jackson.

Here's to more improvements to come.

Mindlog

Good to hear from you. Hope progress continues and you get healthy.
We'll be back to hating on Destiny in no time. We need a serious Crucible matchmaking rant :]

Line_HTX

I saw your post in NFLGAF. Best wishes and best of luck to you, and don't give up! You can do this!! Like the players say, just take it one day at a time. Keep at it!

todd360

Le destinygaf best wishes army is here! We know you can do it! Guardians make their own physical therapy progress!

totowhoa

Banned
Dude it's been a while since I've seen you post. So awesome that you're making progress!

What are you looking forward to most as things keep improving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom