• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lady steals car, rams police car and police, ??????, police show restraint

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

Video link:http://video.nydailynews.com/?ndn.t...051&sitesection=nydailynews-news&vid=29926514

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime/suspected-dui-driver-plows-oklahoma-article-1.2429376

Wow, just look at this video. Cop shoots at her twice, must have feared for his life, then recovered enough to not shoot her dead.

Good for him.

AllLivesMatter#

But it's important to not jump to conclusions and wait for all the facts.

Stacey Ann Bunsey, 41, drove into Sand Springs Officer James Matthew Stacy Friday during a police chase through the Tulsa suburb before she braked in a ditch and popped out of the car’s sunroof, police said.

“I’m God, b---h! Welcome to hell!” Bunsey yelled while smiling and waving at the officers who swarmed the SUV.

Stacy — who fired two shots at Bunsey before she crashed into his squad car — was not injured in the wreck and quickly joined his fellow officers to help take the suspect into custody.

“My only explanation was he was under the protection of God,” Police Chief Mike Carter said at a press conference Monday, according to the Tulsa World.

No report on what saved the suspect.

Edit: though I had the wrong crime but now realized she was a drunk car thief.

physics! he used the bullets' kinetic energy as an opposite force to the truck's advance, thus saving his life.

suv11n-8-web.jpg

also, lol, wow

I would be so afraid I was the cop but seriously, why shoot at this moment ? The car wasn't going to stop anyway so why bother shooting ?

andthebeatgoeson

physics! he used the bullets' kinetic energy as an opposite force to the truck's advance, thus saving his life.

also, lol, wow
Isaiah 41? I remember that one.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children

PillarEN

Guy's lucky he wasn't squashed to a pulp. Holy hell that was lucky... and because nobody was hurt it was funny when she dropped "the line"

Jito

Banned
Why was he even shooting at her in that situation? What would have killing or injuring her as she crashed into his parked police car achieved?

Greddleok

It's almost like out of the thousands of incidents the police deal with every day, only the seriously bad ones are brought up and talked about.

Dali

OP spoiled the ending. I would have been sure she was about to get ventilated once I heard the cop say "still can't see her other hand."

It's almost like out of the thousands of incidents the police deal with every day, only the seriously bad ones are brought up and talked about.
What are you talking about? They actually did good this time. Instead of pissing their pants, shooting first and asking questions later they deescalated the situation. I don't think any one faults the guy for shooting at the car careening directly at him. This is a sharp contrast to the several other recent incidents were the cop claimed this was the case but it wasn't remotely close to the truth and shot the driver. This dude would have been in the right IMO if he had hit her with a few rounds.

I'm actually surprised that the cop got out the car in that situation, you'd probably want to protect yourself more than he did.

Cagey

Banned
Video link:http://video.nydailynews.com/?ndn.t...051&sitesection=nydailynews-news&vid=29926514

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime/suspected-dui-driver-plows-oklahoma-article-1.2429376

Wow, just look at this video. Cop shoots at her twice, must have feared for his life, then recovered enough to not shoot her dead.

Good for him.

AllLivesMatter#

But it's important to not jump to conclusions and wait for all the facts.

Edit: though I had the wrong crime but now realized she was a drunk car thief.
Still trying to force this into dog-whistle status? The sarcastic invocation doesn't signal what you want it to.

Dali

You don't know why people bring up race when the subject of police's proper and improper use of deadly force comes up?

That I just about never root for the cops these days.
If that's what your take on blm is then I can see how white people would counter with "all lives matter" not exhibiting the slightest understanding and politicians would unabashedly talk about them like their the black kkk.

If that's what your take on blm is then I can see how white people would counter with "all lives matter" not exhibiting the slightest understanding and politicians would unabashedly talk about them like their the black kkk.
If what is my take? All I've said is I don't trust or root for police these days. I just don't. I don't like cops, I don't talk to cops, I avoid cops.

Did I follow that up with "and that sentiment completely encapsulates everything I feel about the BLM movement and the complex issue of police accountability reform through meaningful political action?"

Dali

If what is my take? All I've said is I don't trust or root for police these days. I just don't. I don't like cops, I don't talk to cops, I avoid cops.

Did I follow that up with "and that sentiment completely encapsulates everything I feel about the BLM movement and the complex issue of police accountability reform through meaningful political action?"
Your take is that in some way blm has to do with being anti cop. You can be anticop and also part of blm but one has nothing to do with the other. When asked directly what blm had to do with this your response clearly conflated the two. If you think blm is at least in part about being anti-cop instead of "hey stop shooting unarmed black people" and police reform then I can't fault people in power for thinking the same.

Skyzard

Banned
I would be so afraid I was the cop but seriously, why shoot at this moment ? The car wasn't going to stop anyway so why bother shooting ?

Yup, it's just stupid.

Even if the car was further away, killing the driver - their foot is going to hit the gas full on and speed into you. Get out the way and don't take random shots at a fast moving vehicle you have no idea the consequences of.

I'm sure some police departments have these guidelines, think I read them from Chicago's.

They go as far as to say you can't shoot at a moving vehicle with concern for your safety as a defense (it's one you hear a lot too).

psylah

Yup, it's just stupid.

Even if the car was further away, killing the driver - their foot is going to hit the gas full on and speed into you. Get out the way and don't take random shots at a fast moving vehicle you have no idea the consequences of.

I'm sure some police departments have these guidelines, think I read them from Chicago's.

They go as far as to say you can't shoot at a moving vehicle with concern for your safety as a defense (it's one you hear a lot too).

A 5000 pound vehicle moving at you at 60 mph doesn't exactly inspire a person to think rationally.

Skyzard

Banned
A 5000 pound vehicle moving at you at 60 mph doesn't exactly inspire a person to think rationally.

You're right, but ... training etc.

I can't really hold it against this particular cop here, but I'm concerned cops are too careless with shooting at vehicles.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Why was he even shooting at her in that situation? What would have killing or injuring her as she crashed into his parked police car achieved?

Because if it hit her just the sheer impact of the bullet would likely have caused her to veer off at the last second? Granted, that could send her veering right at you when she might have missed you in the first place. Just playing devil's advocate for a second.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Lol I just bought a house in Sand Springs. Whoops.

Plus there's a elementary school behind it if the bullets didn't hit the target(vehicle).

And yes, I have absolutely no fucking idea how long a stray bullet from a handgun can stay in the air, the school seemed pretty damn far though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom