• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 Ships 12 Million in one day, Generates $750 Million (Note: Skyrim was 7M)

Theorry

Fallout 4's launch was a huge success. Bethesda announced today that the game shipped 12 million copies worldwide for launch day alone, "representing sales in excess of $750 million." In addition, the game is generating "record sales" at brick and mortar stores and across Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, and PC.

Developing...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-ships-12-million-generates-750-million/1100-6432277/

// Mod Edit:

For comparison, Skyrim was 7 million for launch: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=452244

// Mod Edit 2:

Since some people are asking if this is an industry best record, Call of Duty: Ghosts shipped $1 billion worth on day one: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/06/call-of-duty-ghosts-sells-1-billion-into-retail-in-24-hours

It is still quite high up there on the list of launches though.

seinfled.gif

BETHESDA

Please INVEST a good chunk of that money for a significant shake up on the next wave of games

time to finally break free and push some boundaries guys

I dont want to see this hate topic flood again.....

It sold 1.47m on STEAM according to Steamspy - So that means it sold 10m on consoles? If so... holy shit at those numbers.

Edit: Ah, shipped. That makes more sense.

kiguel182

Great numbers but shame they dropped the ball when it comes to performance in the consoles.

Still, I wish I had time/money to play it. All this Fallout talk just makes me want to play it in spite of all the issues.

BETHESDA

Please INVEST a good chunk of that money for a significant shake up on the next wave of games

time to finally break free and push some boundaries guys

I dont want to see this hate topic flood again.....

Look out for Fallout 5 on future gen, with the same problems as last gen and current gen but an over all enjoyable game.

It's making shed loads of money, they won't change a thing. The next Elder Scrolls will be using this engine as well.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
There must be quite a lot of overshipment (at least, for now), but it's also true that the game is doing great on Steam (almost at 1,5 millions already), so it's not like it's not selling, quite the contrary. NPD November datas (whatever we'll get) will probably highlight this pretty clearly. Or just upcoming European sales. It's gonna be huge. Congratulations Bethesda anyway.

nib95

Banned
What the hell...I Honestly didn't think there was that much hype for it. Was expecting at least a few million less than that figure.

lyrick

That's a lot of copies.

Does Zenimax allow retailers to return unsold Merch for credit? Do Shipment numbers have any meaning beyond the sales hopes of a publisher?

I personally believe these short announcement to release date windows help big games like this. Announcing a game 2 years before release, you end up numbing your hype to the audience who grow weary of all the drip fed content and eventually over exposure.

Hopefully more devs follow suit.

Top Bottom