• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue 3 Chinese Presentation - Offscreen Day/Night Cycle & Environment Footage

Heypoppy

Banned
I'm so scared of the Unreal Engine results, especially without any use of special shaders, personal artstyle or some unique technique... it just look generic/western rpg/lame u___u

delta_reg

Nice to see some progress on the game despite the poor video quality. It still feels surreal that this game is happening.

Just seeing the environments in motion with that music playing brought back so many feelings. Still surreal this is happening and I'll finally get to leave the cave.

14284763_980x1200_0.jpg

1447652177874069.jpg

1447652184101773.jpg

1447652203247916.jpg

1447652240379005.jpg

Ein Bear

Every time I remember that Shenmue 3 is a real fucking thing that's actually happening, I get a little giddy.

GeNoMe

That youtube video is filmed with a potato haha.
I can't wait to see some actual gameplay footage....the hype is real son!

Elios83

E3 2016 gameplay footage will be amazing =)
Seems like development is going on really well, they're not a huge team.

Shenmue

Banned
Suzuki begging for that China money because backers didn't give enough money... says no one but perhaps Ben Kuchera

On a serious note though, I'm so hyped!

Shadoken

Cmon man its 2015 and you're telling me nobody at that conference had a HD phone camera.

With that said , its amazing how hyped I am for even these potato cam vids.

The interior environments look fantastic, authentic and exude the Shenmue spirit. As do the additional images posted. Some of the shots are just stunning. They look very Shenmue for lack of a better phrase. Development seems to have jumped forward again which is super impressive given it has been mere weeks since the last hard update. They're a small team with a limited budget and yet the results are still astounding. Suppose that simply speaks volumes as to the level of talent involved.

Shenmue 3 is happening, real and looking beyond amazing. These are the best shots/footage they've released so far. :)

Shenmue

Banned
Now that China is more open to consoles (and has always been open to PC gaming), and a huge amount of Shenmue is set in China, here's to hoping the Chinese audience supports it when it releases! We know how much the Chinese love to have scenes in Hollywood blockbusters that are set in China.

Dare I say, hopefully we can get at least 1%!

MilkBeard

Very nice to see the game progressing, even if the video is of such low quality that you can't actually make anything out...lol.

I hope they can somehow show the game at E3, would be excellent.

Randomizer

Holy crap this is shaping up fast, by next E3 we will probably have the first trailer. I still can't believe it is real.

MilkBeard

I'm so scared of the Unreal Engine results, especially without any use of special shaders, personal artstyle or some unique technique... it just look generic/western rpg/lame u___u

Kingdom Hearts 3 is also using it. From what I have seen, other games are using it as well. Unreal Engine 4 is no joke. It basically streamlines the development so they don't have to spend loads on a custom engine. It's better for everyone involved.

I feel like I say this every time we get updates on the development, but I still can't believe that we're actually getting a Shenmue III after all these years. I pretty much gave up hope back when Shenmue Online was cancelled. Haven't been this hyped for a game since RE4 :)

SomTervo

Oh my goodness.

... That's not how art works

... Or engines. Game engines don't dictate how a game looks

Spaghetti

uh... unreal engine 4 has highly customisable shaders and a number of wildly different looking games have already been produced with it. not really seeing what you're talking about in terms of generic environment either.

but yeah. like i said in the community thread, it looks further along than it should be and definitely seems to be shaping up to be interesting. the reference photo of the built-up riverside city might be what inspires the chobu area. can't wait to see more of it.

oh, here's a low res image of the new shenhua model too: http://i.imgur.com/R2RftPd.png

YacVer

Banned
So happy to see Shenmue 3 happening, btw what is this presentation part of? is it a sony thing? is it investors meeting? or what?

p.s.
Were Shenmue 1&2 a thing in china? considering the console ban at the time...

hodgy100

you realise they are making their own assets for the game right?

Spaghetti

So happy to see Shenmue 3 happening, btw what is this presentation part of? is it a sony thing? is it investors meeting? or what?

p.s.
Were Shenmue 1&2 a thing in china? considering the console ban at the time...
i think it's a game/tech convention.

and no, i don't believe those games were a thing in china. shenmue online was made more or less for the chinese/korean markets though, and it was exhibited a good few times in china before sega canned it.

Spaghetti

slightly unrelated, but people should check out this post in the shenmue community thread.

first hints at some kind of shenmue rerelease happening, and for mobile + VR systems too it may look like.

EDIT: it also looks like the sonic 06 boxart to the right of the image. sonic 06 in VR. god help us all.

Top Bottom