• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Game Dev: Wii U is not much more powerful than a PS Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

miku

w7C4CpE.jpg

I just saw someone retweeted this

Tyrone Rodriguez:
Stop lying to yourself, the Wii U is not much more powerful than a PS Vita

XX76Xvv.jpg

Apparently, 70% of his body is made of Kojima also:

FXe9r0y.jpg

Are both of these true?

Shiggy

It's true. That's why there's no Borderlands 2 port for Wii U, it simply couldn't run it. Same for the Uncharted game for Vita.

"70% of my body is made of Hideo Kojima."

But...

He says in particular that Metal Gear Solid developer Hideo Kojima should stop making games and start making bad movies (ironically, Kojima just might). "He's terrible at making games. Metal Gear is good in spite of him. I haven't enjoyed a game of his since maybe the original Metal Gear Solid, maybe." He feels the recent ones are tedious, riddled with bad writing, bad story-telling, and bad control.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/116513-NightSky-Dev-Kojima-is-Terrible-At-Making-Games

Dee Dee

Depends on how much "not much" actually is.

Either way, sure, whatever, the Wii U is not a powerhouse console, and the Vita is really powerful. No lies detected.

Blobbers

This guy always comes off as abrasive, even in the duckroll thread.

However, he is obviously right in this case.
Vita = PS2.5
WiiU= PS3.1

Foffy

Banned
Should the title of the thread include a Nicalis warning?

These guys couldn't even port Cave Story to the Wii without issues...

Leonsito

I guess they published their Unity 3D project through the same wizard to both Vita and WiiU and saw that it ran equally bad on both, jumping to this retarded conclusion.

I guess they published their Unity 3D project through the same wizard to both Vita and WiiU and saw that it ran equally bad on both, jumping to this retarded conclusion.

Yeah i suggested that on the last thread.
Which by the way is virtually identical to the other one. Should be closed.

That's just silly. You can get comparable visuals by mucking around with the Vita's framerate and resolution, but you'd never get Super Mario 3D World or a smiliar game running on Vita at 60fps.

SenkiDala

For the same reason that the New 3DS can run Binding of Isaac but the usual 3DS couldn't because not powerful enough?

Yeah, those graphics are so great, I wonder how they managed to make it run on N3DS...

Dammit,that's it I'm throwing my Wii U in the bin,I mean,now I know this those once wonderful games,MK8,Splatoon,Wind Waker,Wonderful 101,Mario World 3d,Mario Maker,Bayonetta 1+2,Super Mario Bros,Smash Bros,Kirby,Toad,Donkey Kong,Pikmin 3 are all garbage.Where's my pitchfork.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Isn't the Vita not more powerful than New N3DS but just with more advance technology? I think some posters stated something like that in the NX speculation threads

So...how many gamecubes is that?

1.67 for Vita and 5.78324 for Wii U.

Isn't the Vita not more powerful than New N3DS but just with more advance technology? I think some posters stated something like that in the NX speculation threads

Main difference is the GPU I believe, but if a Dec decided to make a game from scratch for the new 3ds it could more than likely look comparable to one of the bigger Vita games.

Daedardus

By simple physics approximation, it's highly unlikely that a SoC that consumes ~2 W is performing the same as a SoC consuming ~30 W. That would mean a power efficiency factor of 10 or more compared to the Wii U. However, for the full resolution the devices are capable off, the apparant power may be around the same (within a range of factor 2 or so). That still doesn't mean it's impossible to port over a relatively simple game as this one, since the resolution can be made lower if needed. Plus the fact that other, more (apparant) intensive games seem to be running on both handhelds as well.

Windforce

He's right.

PS Vita is weaker than PS3 but runs many ports of its games just fine.

Wii U is about same power as PS3.

So, Wii U not that much above Vita...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom