• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could this be a tease for a Red Dead on current-gen?

I didn't really know how to title this. I wanted to keep expectation low and not doing a "RDR 2 confirmed!!!!!!1!". Anyway, Danny Ross, a Rockstar employee, was doing a Reddit AMA and someone asked:

Hey Danny, long time/first time...fuck this O&A nonsense and lets get to some real news. WTF does Rockstar have on deck?
To which he answered:
Really? Dumbass. Really? Two.

Really? Dumbass. Really? Two.

It could be nothing, but you got to admit the phrasing is weird. It would be odd for a Rockstar employee to refer to the next entry in the Red Dead series as to RDR 2 (you know why). So, it seems kind of far fetched that he's hinting to a new entry (Red Dead 3 or Red Dead R(something)). But could this be a tease to this? Or could this be a tease for a remaster version to Red Dead Redemption? Or is it just a conspiracy theory started by the illuminati?

Edit: Looks like it's fake. Nothingtoseehere.gif

Couple of things:

- Danny Ross doesn't work at Rockstar anymore.

- According to Reddit it probably isn't him. It's not even an official AMA started by him, someone made a request and that account suddenly showed up. That account was made two days ago. A bit too much of a coincidence. His answers are mostly evading questions or responding with other questions. All stuff a random person on the internet could do. Also apparently Reddit users impersonating people from the O&A crew is apparently some sort of injoke, happens a lot.

- He kept avoiding it when people asked for proof that it really was him, and after a while he posted pictures of himself that were almost immediately discovered to be faked.

So yeah, it's not him.

Also Rockstar working on RDR2 isn't that big of a leap. So it probably doesn't matter that much if the account is real or not, it's probably coming anyway at some point.

But this is probably fake.

FelipeMGM

lol indeed. But no way he could tease something so big just like that withouth R* saying he could. Or maybe he is screwed on monday

delta_reg

Well we all know a Red Dead is happening this gen regardless, certainly makes sense then that they'd be working on it now.

Feichaw

Let's be realistic here. They're probably saying that there are 2 RDs being made right now: the remaster of RD: R and the next game in the series.

Let's not pretend that a new game in the franchise is a surprise to anyone. 2K have said it's a franchise now, so a sequel is coming.

Also the game sold well, and Rockstar likes money. So, sequel.

It definitely looks like a teaser for Agent imo.

ReAlly? DumGEbass. ReallNy? Two.

kMoQI.gif

theWB27

That'd be awesome if it were another red dead. More than the game itself, I just can't wait to see what r* does with this much power at their disposal. The world will no doubt be amazing.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Hoping this one ends up on pc, though I'm guessing on it being announced for consoles and then half a year after revealed for pc.

soultron

Banned
It's pretty much all but confirmed officially at this point. GTA5 (sounding like it was an all-hands-on-deck affair) probably set it back a bit, but I'm confident it's been years in development already.

Also, with PC being much more of a viable platform now, I'm sure it will be announced for PC as well.

They couldn't possibly be making a sequel to a game with a 95 Metacritic that sold 15 million copies. I wanna see the receipts.

Nibel

The question is not if but when is the official announcement. AFAIK we had multiple people in the know here on GAF who confirmed this last year and a bunch of job postings indicating that RDR2 is in fact happening (which isn't shocking at all)

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I thought Nier 2 was the most shocking thing this year, but a sequel to a 15 million seller that the CEO pretty much confirmed in an investor call already takes it.

Top Bottom