• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Ace Combat 7 to be announced at PSX2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyS

Imagine using a flight stick & throttle in combination with PSVR for looking around in-cockpit and locking onto targets. all configurable, HUD, etc. I need this game to be announced so that I know I'll be able to get it in my veins at some point in 2016.

Skwerl

going to copy and paste my post from elsewhere:

Well, from what I have been seeing, two more bits kinda point to AC7 to some degree:
1:
Way back in June, PA posted this: https://vine.co/v/eJxgVrZ35PP
Note the music+the lack of ACI 1st anniversary logo, we can probably rule that out being ACI update related item.

2. Masato Kanno, PA's mech designer (think arkbird/stonehenge etc)/art director has been missing for a while, but just posted another tweet 5 days ago about the 1/144 scaled Yellow 13 Flanker.
Now the significance of this: I dont think Kanno is busy with AC Infinity anymore, he did the UAV design along with the OLDS design, and that was about it.
ACI, as it stands right now is ran by a group of outsourced artists (can be seen in staff list+ difference in art asset style/quality) + in-house designers. Big shots like Kanno (mech designer) or Itomi (mission briefing artist, storyboard artist, trailer editing)'s involvement are nowhere to be seen in ACI these days.
As far as game development goes, having senior staff idling around is definitely way expensive. Looking at those 2 guys portfolio and track record, they didnt do anything major outside AC series. So if I were to guess, they are on another AC project.

Though the development of the game would be interesting. I wonder how ACI would be related to this, since ACI campaign got cut off in the middle/high point.
Also, Kobayashi is no longer a composer under Namco, he went freelance. However, Kobayashi did come back to compose some tracks for idolm@ster after his departure, so I wouldn't write him out of the project just yet.

So..... provided AC7 does get announced this weekend, it'd be interesting to see how the staff composition/design direction plays out.

So, all the hints are here and most of them are quite legit. I hope the announcement will actually happen, Ace Combat series historically is one of the most important things about gaming for me. Can't wait for it.

eXRNRDX.gif

Pls be good

AmyS

going to copy and paste my post from elsewhere:

Well, from what I have been seeing, two more bits kinda point to AC7 to some degree:
1:
Way back in June, PA posted this: https://vine.co/v/eJxgVrZ35PP
Note the music+the lack of ACI 1st anniversary logo, we can probably rule that out being ACI update related item.

2. Masato Kanno, PA's mech designer (think arkbird/stonehenge etc)/art director has been missing for a while, but just posted another tweet 5 days ago about the 1/144 scaled Yellow 13 Flanker.
Now the significance of this: I dont think Kanno is busy with AC Infinity anymore, he did the UAV design along with the OLDS design, and that was about it.
ACI, as it stands right now is ran by a group of outsourced artists (can be seen in staff list+ difference in art asset style/quality) + in-house designers. Big shots like Kanno (mech designer) or Itomi (mission briefing artist, storyboard artist, trailer editing)'s involvement are nowhere to be seen in ACI these days.
As far as game development goes, having senior staff idling around is definitely way expensive. Looking at those 2 guys portfolio and track record, they didnt do anything major outside AC series. So if I were to guess, they are on another AC project.

Though the development of the game would be interesting. I wonder how ACI would be related to this, since ACI campaign got cut off in the middle/high point.
Also, Kobayashi is no longer a composer under Namco, he went freelance. However, Kobayashi did come back to compose some tracks for idolm@ster after his departure, so I wouldn't write him out of the project just yet.

So..... provided AC7 does get announced this weekend, it'd be interesting to see how the staff composition/design direction plays out.

So, all the hints are here and most of them are quite legit. I hope the announcement will actually happen, Ace Combat series historically is one of the most important things about gaming for me. Can't wait for it.

Ahhh, this all seems encouraging. I'm cautiously optimistic. There really does not seem to be a reason why any of this would be fake. Also I don't think there's a history of fake Ace Combat news.

Pachimari

Question is, if it will turn up at PSX. I don't think so but I really hope so! I ordered Ace Combat for the 3DS just because I got hyped on this thread.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I am really hoping this is at PSX tomorrow, this would make my day. As lame as these PS2 games coming to PS4 for those with the disc versions is, I would love to see AC4, 5, and 0 also announced as coming at some point.

mcz117chief

It is safe to say that Ace Combat will come in some capacity sooner than later.

reasons:

1) It always sold enough to be profitable
2) Ace Combat has a big following of whales, quite evident by the amount of sales of the Ace Combat 6 DLC and Infinity fuel.
3) Infinity is raking in cash much faster than most would expect
4) PS4 and Xbone are big, they have a HUGE install base to work with
5) There is nobody competing with them in this genre

For these reasons I believe that Ace Combat has the potential to join the big boys again and be recognized by the average gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom