• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 Review Thread

Turkoop

Banned
IGN 8 / 10
Just Cause 3 is a playground where you get to be a physics-defying force of destruction, and its loop of liberating dozens of towns across this enormous scenic world would’ve gotten old much quicker if the combat wasn’t so full of options for free-form mayhem. Getting the most out of it requires some creativity and tolerance for performance bugs on your part, so come expecting to make at least some of your own fun.
Eurogamer
God is a Geek 8/10
Gameinformer 8/10
Kotaku - Not yet
Polygon 8.5/10
Jimquisition 6.5/10
Videogamer 6/10
Hardcoregamer 4/5
Gamesradar 3/5
Gadgets 7/10
We got this covered 3.5/5
US Gamer 4.5/5
Saving content 3/5

Dennis

Banned
Considering all the hoopla about the console performance, I am only really interested in the PC reviews.

Karak

Polygon review is from PC.

I got to spend time with every version and the PC is of course the best. It doesn't improve on a lot but it has horsepower to bridge the optimization issues that are still present there.

Our review code wasn't posted until today... Take that as you will. We did put up some early impressions, though. Basically, more of the same: looks great, loading times are long, fun to be had.

Having only spent a short time with Just Cause 3 there's still plenty of Medici to explore, and while at first glance there doesn't appear to be a huge amount that's changed, the multitude of little improvements uncovered in the opening hours feel like they have the potential to have a much bigger impact than you'd think. While it'll remain to be seen if the annoyance from the long load times will recede, the addition of the wingsuit – as well as some more creative avenues for chaos – make up for this shortcoming, and mean that Just Cause 3 seems well on course to being the greatest in the series.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2015/12/hands_on_has_just_cause_3_on_ps4_blown_us_away

Paskil

8/10, confirmed trash. Super hyped for this. If I wasn't so deep in Fallout, I'd be waiting for the PC version to unlock. Potential GOTY for me.

Briarios

"Our early impressions of the console versions show that it’s identical in content, but we’ve seen significant performance problems, including extremely long load times and significant frame rate issues that will require further testing to fully evaluate. Our PlayStation 4/Xbox One review will follow later this week."

Yeah, cancelling my pre-order and transferring the credit to something else until we get some more clarification on this ... SE knew there was a problem, which is why no one got copies. Very disappointed :/ Oh well, I'll pick it up if they can patch it.

Brizzo24

Videogamer 6/10 Review on PC/XB1.

"Frustrating controls, a bland world, and various technical issues stop Just Cause 3 from being the mindless action classic it clearly wants to be."

Ouch...

McDougles

I got a review copy on Xbox One. I am not confident enough in released a final verdict right now because of severe problems connecting to the Square Enix servers during parts of my review gameplay.

I'm talking about the game trying to log in after every time opening the menu. You can go offline, but then once you try to open any menu it will try to log in again.

If you do manage to log in, then it would lose connection 30 seconds later, and then you'd get back to square one.

I had a better shot last night, but getting the game on Friday I didn't nearly have enough time to complete the story.

-MD-

If you’ve got the stomach for yet another open world sandbox game full of collectibles and repetitive tasks, Just Cause 3 is the game for you.

Ergh... why did this one look like it stood out from the rest in all the previews? I was hoping it'd take that tired ass open world blueprint and make it fun again.

Lame.

Trace

Banned
8/10, confirmed trash. Super hyped for this. If I wasn't so deep in Fallout, I'd be waiting for the PC version to unlock. Potential GOTY for me.

You're probably fine if you're playing on PC. Seems like the console versions are absolutely horrendous.

antitrop

Ergh... why did this one look like it stood out from the rest in all the previews? I was hoping it'd take that tired ass open world blueprint and make it fun again.

Lame.
Sounds just like Mad Max.

Dat tired-ass open-world blueprint.

Zafir

Kind of mixed. Guess it's a good job it's been pretty damn cheap everywhere, in a typical "Square Enix don't have faith" fashion.

Doubt I'll be disappointed for the £16 I paid on PC.

vypek

I'm surprised at the frustrating controls quote since it doesn't seem like it would be much different from JC2 controls which were simple enough. Sounds like they are getting hammered for technical issues for the most part. Too bad they couldn't get a day 1 patch to fix those issues or delay the game a little.

Top Bottom