• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Friday 2015 sales result, hardware and software

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Since no one maked a thread...

Anyway, the PlayStation 4 was the best selling console during Black Friday, with a 42% of share.
In others hands, XB1 is a very, very close second, with only 1% share under PlayStation 4 with a total of 41% share.

Last, we have the Wii U, which has almost tripled the %share compared to last year, we are talking about 17% in 2015 compared to last year 6%.

Here a full comparation with 2013, 2014, and 2015.

Screen-Shot-2015-11-30-at-5.55.12-PM.png

Now, about software.

Black Ops III was as expcted the bigger game this Black Friday, followed by Madden NFL 16 and NBA 2K16.
Fallout 4 at number #8, Star Wars at #13, and as exclusives, we have Nintendo at #12 with Mario Maker and #18 with Splatoon, and MS with Halo 5 at #15.

Here the TOP 20

12308270_181038368909890_898585616572652712_n.jpg

Source: http://blog.infoscout.co/games-trump-console-sales-this-black-friday/

Slayven

More than 300,000 Americans snap pictures of their everyday shopping receipts via InfoScout’s mobile apps: Shoparoo, Receipt Hog and Receipt Lottery. The first 250,000 receipts reported from shopping trips on Thanksgiving night and Black Friday were analyzed to support the real-time insights above. For further

I will take this with a grain of salt

Mario Maker outdid Battlefront? Huh, wow. That's surprising.

Oh, unless Battlefront's numbers are for individual sales and not counting PS4 bundles.

chadskin

For the sake of completeness, should also mention:
The top console bundle pick this year was the Xbox One 500gb with Gears of War, which Target discounted to $299 (down from $350) and threw in a $60 gift card.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Sample size is fine, but far from an unbiased group. Who is more likely to submit pics of receipts? I'd never do it

Elios83

Hardware note you could include OP:

At Target and Walmart, the Xbox One + Gears of War bundle barely outsold its rival PS4 + Uncharted Bundle. Yet, strong PS4 sales at Amazon.com and other retailers were enough to edge out the Xbox One for top sales this Black Friday season.

PensOwl

Banned
I'm surprised Guitar Hero Live is doing well despite moving away from the band angle+genre fatigue. I guess drums aren't enough to convince people to drop $250 on plastic

Mikey Jr.

Guys, at the end of the day, this isn't really official.

I don't think it is anyways. XB1 could still be the leader. Or maybe Sony did beat MS by more than 1%.

I'm surprised Guitar Hero Live is doing well despite moving away from the band angle+genre fatigue. I guess drums aren't enough to convince people to drop $250 on plastic

I'm amazed at how much better it's doing than Rock Band. I thought RB's ability to reuse all the old kit you had lying around was a selling point compared to GH.

Unless people got rid of it all so having to buy a new guitar was inevitable either way.

Surprisingly I never heard a lot of buzz for either one.

Toki767

Still hilariously bad that Rise of the Tomb Raider isn't in the Top 20 but a 2 year old Need For Speed Rivals is.

Wow surprised PS4 beat Xbox in sales. I thought with the better deals Xbox would win it. Very close though either way.

Was also hoping Until Dawn would have been in a top 20 seeing as it was a fantastic deal at Best Buy but oh well I suppose it's pretty niche overall.

The methodoly is flawed because?

It isn't random at all. It's taken from receipts that people self reported (and based on who reported most quickly as well), which introduces a lot of room for bias. Having a large sample size is worthless if you can't make a good claim that the sample actually represents the population at large. A much smaller sample that was taken randomly would actually produce vastly more accurate results

GHG

Still hilariously bad that Rise of the Tomb Raider isn't in the Top 20 but a 2 year old Need For Speed Rivals is.

It's not hilarious, it's actually saddening.

Stupid, stupid deal. Probably one of the worst in the last few generations of gaming when you take everything into account.

JeTmAn81

Who are the people who are buying all these sports games every year? They seem to have such little presence in gaming media yet dominate the sales charts.

KingV

I will take this with a grain of salt

300K is a pretty big panel. The largest continuous consumer panel, focused on grocery items is only 200K households and it's used by a lot of huge companies, and it's usually within a few percentage points of reality (I work with this data in my day to day job).

My point is that at the end of the day these numbers are probably in the ballpark. Maybe the Wii U actually had 15%, and X1 41% and PS4 44%, but ballpark I'm betting these numbers are pretty close.

Edit: different topic, that's probably an epic underperform for Battlefront.

Like I said in the other thread, Battlefront seems really low.

And the fuck? NFS Rivals? That has to be a typo.

I think Battlefront was stupidly low because of no good deals on it and maybe it doesn't include PS4 bundles? I don't know it does seem like it didn't do too hot though.

Top Bottom