• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Free Login Campaign (12.1.2015 - 12.31.2015)

TalonJH

For old players that don't check the community thread.

0bedb1c411e10e90b863f223e0a18a3082fa5458.png

Patch 3.1 has ushered in a multitude of new adventures in the realm of Eorzea. In the hope that would-be adventurers can experience all that FINAL FANTASY XIV has to offer, we are pleased to announce the upcoming Free Login Campaign! If you or any of your friends are currently taking a break from your adventures in Eorzea, you won't want to miss out on this limited-time event!
Free Login Campaign Overview

Users possessing a valid Square Enix account who meet the following conditions will be able to play FINAL FANTASY XIV free of charge during the upcoming Campaign:

Eligibility
Users who have previously purchased and registered FINAL FANTASY XIV.
All registered services accounts are set as inactive during the campaign period.
At least thirty days have passed since the registered service account to be used has been set as inactive.
* Details of service accounts can be confirmed via the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station.
(http://sqex.to/Msp)

Campaign Schedule
From Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. to Thursday, December 31, 2015 at 6:59 a.m. (PST)

Free Login Period:
Four days including the day on which users first log in. This period ends on the fourth day at 11:59 p.m. (local time)
* Please note that a subscription to FFXIV is required to continue playing after the event period.

Client Download
If you have yet to install the game, please download the official client software.
(http://sqex.to/ffxiv_client_en)

If you or any of your friends are currently taking a break from your adventures in Eorzea, you won't want to miss out on this limited-time event!

Notes Regarding the Free Login Campaign

The free login period begins after logging in via the game launcher using your Square Enix user name and password.
Including the day on which you first log in, the free login period lasts approximately four days. For example, players who log in on December 2, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. can play free of charge until December 5, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. However, because the campaign ends on Thursday, December 31, 2015 at 6:59 a.m. (PST), players who begin playing on December 28, 2015 will not be able to play the full ninety-six hours.
Players who are logged in when their free login period expires will be forcibly logged out from the game.
Players with multiple service accounts registered to a single Square Enix account cannot participate if at least one of the accounts is currently active.
Service accounts that have been canceled or suspended due to a violation of the service agreement cannot participate.
Players who purchase a subscription during their free login period will forfeit the remaining duration of said period.
Players cannot log in using a platform on which their service accounts have not been registered.
Players can log in using all platforms on which their service account has been registered.
When attempting to participate in the free login campaign using a Square Enix account with multiple service accounts, the free login period will be valid only for the first service account selected upon logging in. Please note that you may be unable to participate in the free login campaign with more than one service account at a time. If you cannot log in using a second service account even after meeting all other requirements, we ask that you wait for the free login period to expire on your first service account and try again.

Vote Kick if old.

Eolz

Nice, I'm eligible!
Didn't play in quite some time. Would prefer it to not be "4 days starting from the first login", but alright, will try to find the time during my holidays.

Atolm

I hope this will bring back a bit of life to the game. I resubbed for a month in October and never felt the game so dead in the year and half I've played in total.

_woLf

Got super burned out trying to grind to 60. But I'll log in and try to finish it up.

I love XIV but the amount of time and effort it takes to get from 50 to 60 is just ridiculous.

Ken

I hope this will bring back a bit of life to the game. I resubbed for a month in October and never felt the game so dead in the year and half I've played in total.

Game's still dead. Try again in 3.2.

Got super burned out trying to grind to 60. But I'll log in and try to finish it up.

3.1 buffed the new dungeon XP so you should be able to finish up a lot easier than before.

Might have to dust off the ole bard Keaton Worcester. I wonder if I start downloading the client (PS4) tonight if it would be done by the time Xenoblade X releases on Friday.

I love XIV but the amount of time and effort it takes to get from 50 to 60 is just ridiculous.

They increased the amount of exp you get from dungeons. It's not as miserable as it was before.

TalonJH

Until SE gets back on their 3 mouth schedule(soon), people just don't have content to do. At lest not for people that really push progression. Also if you don't have Heavansward, you don't have access to Idyllshire which is the new hangout(It's actually strange going back to Mor Dhona.

Ogawa-san

I felt the impulse to redownload it and see how my WHM and SCH are doing. And then I remembered being rushed through max level dungeons and why I stopped playing in the first place.

I do miss spamming casting Holy, though.

Atolm

Until SE gets back on their 3 mouth schedule(soon), people just don't have content to do. At lest not for people that really push progression. Also if you don't have Heavansward, you don't have access to Idyllshire which is the new hangout(It's actually strange going back to Mor Dhona.

I actually leveled a class to 60 and two others around 53-54. Even got my ilvl up to 190~ or so. I dunno, the treadmill never felt so bland to me, the new raid is just boring and hunts are that...hunts. I used to be a very ardent crafter (made a fortune with it) but crafting now is totally for vanity and nothing else.

Even for new stuff like Void Ark I had to queue for 30min or more as a healer. All of my friends who have been playing since Heavensward hit are bored out of their minds and with a very negative mood. Doesn't help at all to keep playing, along with SE deleting your house after 45 days.

Shamdeo

They increased the amount of exp you get from dungeons. It's not as miserable as it was before.

The new Vanu Vanu best tribe quests can also be done at any level 50-60. (They're synced to your level.) Decent XP and something besides dungeons to knock out.

The campaign is NOT a full free month of playtime. So many people are going to misinterpret this. It's only a free 4 consecutive days of playtime, starting from the day you log in.

The free login period begins after logging in via the game launcher using your Square Enix user name and password.
Including the day on which you first log in, the free login period lasts approximately four days. For example, players who log in on December 2, 2015 at 12:00 a.m. can play free of charge until December 5, 2015 at 11:59 p.m.

Personally, I like this. Much better way to run a free login campaign than restricting users to a specific week or weekend.

I actually leveled a class to 60 and two others around 53-54. Even got my ilvl up to 190~ or so. I dunno, the treadmill never felt so bland to me, the new raid is just boring and hunts are that...hunts.

Even for new stuff like Void Ark I had to queue for 30min or more as a healer. All of my friends who have been playing since Heavensward hit are bored out of their minds and with a very negative mood. Doesn't help at all to keep playing.
I blame the PS3 version. We could have more ambitious and entertaining content if they weren't constrained by 500 mb of ram or whatever.

Ken

I actually leveled a class to 60 and two others around 53-54. Even got my ilvl up to 190~ or so. I dunno, the treadmill never felt so bland to me, the new raid is just boring and hunts are that...hunts.

Even for new stuff like Void Ark I had to queue for 30min or more as a healer. All of my friends who have been playing since Heavensward hit are bored out of their minds and with a very negative mood. Doesn't help at all to keep playing.

24-mans always had longer than normal queues for tanks and healers because of the 1/2/5 setup.

Treadmill has always been bland.

Hit level 60.
Get i180 from law tomes or crafted Sky Pirates.
Do Alexander Normal for i190.
Grind weekly currency and Void Ark for i200 upgrade.
Do hard raid and Void Ark weekly for i210 gear.

Weapons you could probably jump from Ravana to Thordan.

RPGCrazied

Pretty cool. I'm still subbed, hell I haven't got to heavenward content yet. Been 50 for awhile though, been working on other jobs.

AgeEighty

Even for new stuff like Void Ark I had to queue for 30min or more as a healer. All of my friends who have been playing since Heavensward hit are bored out of their minds and with a very negative mood. Doesn't help at all to keep playing, along with SE deleting your house after 45 days.

Do you think you should just be able to sit on a house forever, even if you don't play?

That 30 min queue is crazy. I haven't waited longer than 8 min for Void Ark as a dps.

TalonJH

I actually leveled a class to 60 and two others around 53-54. Even got my ilvl up to 190~ or so. I dunno, the treadmill never felt so bland to me, the new raid is just boring and hunts are that...hunts. I used to be a very ardent crafter (made a fortune with it) but crafting now is totally for vanity and nothing else.

Do you think you should just be able to sit on a house forever, even if you don't play?

That 30 min queue is crazy. I haven't waited longer than 8 min for Void Ark as a dps.

Queue times for Healers and Tanks are bad in Void Ark because of the party make up 15 DPS/3 Tanks/6 Healers. A FC mate joked that its payback for years of long DPS queues.

Fehyd

Banned

There are literally no empty housing plots on my server. Lots of empty houses owned by people who haven't logged in in months tho. Shouldve made the damn timer 30 days.

Windforce

Well, thanks, I guess I'll give a go on PS4.

I've quit it months ago.

Oh wait, damn lol it's not a full month. Only 4 days.

Ken

This is encouraging to hear. Excited to give it a shot, in that case.

It's nearly double I think, so about 4 dungeons per level. I took a job from 50-60 recently after 3.1 and it wasn't so bad. Took like a week but I was going at a leisurely pace.

Ken

Man this sucks...

So according to thread this game is even worse now

MCHs seem fine to me so I don't know what other buffs they could use.

Game definitely has been hitting the lull phase much faster now. Didn't help 3.1 took forever to release and didn't really bring anything significantly novel.

Kyzer

Banned
Oh man. Tempted to get into it but I tried resubbing and I had no idea how to play my character anymore lmao. I would hate to ruin everyone's experience by playing with them as a lvl 50 bard/war that has no idea what he's doing.

AgeEighty

MCHs seem fine to me so I don't know what other buffs they could use.

Yeah, all the early complaining about MCH was premature. People just needed to learn the class. It's not a dps powerhouse but it wasn't meant to be, and it puts out plenty of damage in capable hands.

Ken

Oh man. Tempted to get into it but I tried resubbing and I had no idea how to play my character anymore lmao. I would hate to ruin everyone's experience by playing with them as a lvl 50 bard/war that has no idea what he's doing.

WAR didn't change much. BRD got a caster mode now but you don't really need to use it till level 54.

I guess I could try to sum up the bigger playstyle changes.

PLD: Got 2 new combo paths and some poopy utility.
WAR: Got dedicated DPS stance with a lot of buttons analogous to existing Defiance skills.
BRD: Has cast bars now and a DOT timer reset so you spend less time re-upping dots.
BLM: Has a new buff to upkeep. I don't know BLM much but they seem even more dependent on being a turret.
SMN: Builds stacks for Dreadwyrm Trance, a temporary damage buff state.
WHM: Got a new emergency heal! Also Stone III.
SCH: Got Adloquium spread and ability to put out higher potency heals like WHM.
NIN: Armor Crush to extend Huton so no more spending mudras on Huton.
DRG: Got Greased Lightning and a 4th hit to their combos.
MNK: Tools to help upkeep GL and buttons to press during downtime. No significant rotation change besides the opener.

For the new jobs:

MCH: Lower cooldown on Quick Reload.
DRK: Can disable Darkside glow!!!!!
AST: I think AST got the most actual tweaks and buff since 3.0 launched so if you weren't happy with them then they're probably worth checking out again.

Sandfox

Man this sucks...

So according to thread this game is even worse now
Machinist seems to be good enough as it is now.

IMO the real issue with the game right now is that Alexander Savage severely hurt the raiding community. But I don't mess with 8 man raids so it doesn't bother me much.

Fehyd

Banned
Machinist seems to be good enough as it is now.

IMO the real issue with the game right now is that Alexander Savage severely hurt the raiding community. But I don't mess with 8 man raids so it doesn't bother me much.

That Savage was too hard? Lots of complaining about gear drops in diadem now too.

iGeodude

Queues would be better if they pulled from every server instead of the group that server is in. I think that's how it was when the 2.0 first launched.

Dunan

So if your active subscription ended on November 30, you're basically SOL unless you want to get a few hours in on New Year's Eve?

Kyzer

Banned
WAR didn't change much. BRD got a caster mode now but you don't really need to use it till level 54.

I guess I could try to sum up the bigger playstyle changes.

PLD: Got 2 new combo paths and some poopy utility.
WAR: Got dedicated DPS stance with a lot of buttons analogous to existing Defiance skills.
BRD: Has cast bars now and a DOT timer reset so you spend less time re-upping dots.
BLM: Has a new buff to upkeep. I don't know BLM much but they seem even more dependent on being a turret.
SMN: Builds stacks for Dreadwyrm Trance, a temporary damage buff state.
WHM: Got a new emergency heal! Also Stone III.
SCH: Got Adloquium spread and ability to put out higher potency heals like WHM.
NIN: Armor Crush to extend Huton so no more spending mudras on Huton.
DRG: Got Greased Lightning and a 4th hit to their combos.
MNK: Tools to help upkeep GL and buttons to press during downtime. No significant rotation change besides the opener.

For the new jobs:

MCH: Lower cooldown on Quick Reload.
DRK: Can disable Darkside glow!!!!!
AST: I think AST got the most actual tweaks and buff since 3.0 launched so if you weren't happy with them then they're probably worth checking out again.
This is cool and useful info. Definitely. Unfortunately I meant more along the lines I didnt remember how to play, what my rotations were, the nuances of the mechanics. I guess the best move would be to start a new class to relearn the basics, and then spend some time with my mains learning the spells, killing mobs and re-setting my skills in place.

nikos

Thanks for the heads up! I was just thinking about re-subbing but my gaming time is going to be more limited soon. This is perfect.

Shamdeo

Just to bounce off your post...

The next tier of raiding doesn't come out 'til 3.2, and people banging their heads against Savage difficulty mode of the 3.0 raid. That frustration has led some to proclaim there's nothing to do (aka nothing that'll drop gear relevant to their personal progression). It's only a fair statement in a personal context, even if people are choosing to be choosy on what goals to go after.

There's a lot of content that gets added that isn't relevant to bleeding edge progression, but if you're playing from patch to patch (like I and other vets are), you're likely not gonna get three months out of it unless you take on other things - such as getting into the crafting/gathering game, learning/levelling a new job, etc. Some do this, some take breaks.

It's nothing new for the game, being that in the 2.x series people voiced similar complaints that there was nothing to do after clearing the entirety of Coil weekly for months (partly why the Savage mode was re-implemented).

Since 3.1 took longer than usual to come out (and the non-raid activities were much smaller), that anxiety has been amplified, as silly as it might seem to vets of other MMOs who usually wait six to sixteen months or more for content drops. In some light, I think we're kind of spoiled.

Yoshi-P's plans are to get back to the 3.5-4 month patch release schedule (as seen on the 2.x series) starting with 3.2, so here's hoping that all works out. We'll see.

Ken

This is cool and useful info. Definitely. Unfortunately I meant more along the lines I didnt remember how to play, what my rotations were, the nuances of the mechanics. I guess the best move would be to start a new class to relearn the basics, and then spend some time with my mains learning the spells, killing mobs and re-setting my skills in place.

For WAR it's really just Overpower for initial group hate, Storms Eye combo to get Maim buff, and then Butcher's Block combo for enmity. Use Defiance skills whenever you get V stacks.

For Bard just put up your Straight Shot and two dots and spam heavy shot lol.

Takes like 5 minutes to remember everything probably.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I'd love to go back but I just picked up Warlords of Draenor and am really enjoying it currently. MMOs are so great. Have really missed the genre even though Destiny scratched that itch pretty good.

Top Bottom