• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alabama cops systematically framed blacks by planting drugs and guns since mid 1990s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members of a narcotics investigation squad for the police department in Dothan, Alabama planted drugs and weapons on young black men since the mid-1990s with the approval of their superiors — one of whom is currently the state’s Assistant Director of Homeland Security.

A photo of the complaint letter sent by Internal Affairs.

dothan-police-department-internal-affairs-exhibit-2-1.png

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/bom...lacks-by-planting-drugs-and-guns-for-decades/

There is more at the link. Article is short and I'm on mobile, so won't paste more

GDGF

Soothsayer
I visited that town in the 90's. Had a few friends that lived there as well.

Pretty shitty nowhere type of town.

Madness

first thing that came to mind as well

The realness of Dave Chappelle, it's sad that he got tired of his message not being heard correctly and pulled back, otherwise, this was the first thing I thought of too, just sprinkle some crack on them. And the sad thing is, think about how many lives have been ruined by this kind of racism and discrimination. Imagine you're someone who is framed like this. There's nothing I hate more than abuse of authority, no matter how much I give respect to law enforcement. And the sad fact is, it doesn't say 1970's, it says 1990's, so it's fairly recent.

Usobuko

Banned
The allegations spring up constantly by the black community, it's just the rest of America ignores it because it's not happening to them.

How could I relate to black people agony when I am under heavy student loans, have little prospect in life and have to struggle just to meet ends meet?

But everything is fine as long as America is the world's superpower and my kind are represented in media and high flying jobs. Even if they tend to screw me too in those influential positions.

akira28

I just felt the weight of the entire American black community rolling its eyes.

WHO KNEW?

But why? Why would police dishonor themselves and their badges? It doesn't make any sense, and I don't believe it. I'm going to need more proof.

This is a full blown scandal because
They were supervised at the time by Lt. Steve Parrish, current Dothan Police Chief, and Sgt. Andy Hughes, current Director of Homeland Security for the State of Alabama.

It also says these guys were
"members of a Neoconfederate organization that the Southern Poverty Law Center labels “racial extremists.” The group has advocated for blacks to return to Africa, published that the civil rights movement is really a Jewish conspiracy, and that blacks have lower IQ’s . Both Parrish and Hughes held leadership positions in the group and are pictured above holding a confederate battle flag at one of the club’s secret meetings."

tbh, i think only reason this is popping up now is probably because someone has some political agenda. Things like this easily get forgotten.

Fire everyone of those KKK motherfuckers and start all over. Throw in prison anyone who so much as attested to validity of these false arrests. Rotten pieces of shit .

I guess I'll stop short of saying "kill them all", but a part of me feels that way. I'd feel that way if someone falsely arrested and imprisoned me.

linkboy

Honestly not surprised, and I'm willing to bet it's not just Alabama.

Read up on cases like Gary Tyler's and tell me things aren't questionable.

atr0cious

I'm a Canadian, so forgive my ignorance, but surely there aren't many white supremacist leaders moonlighting as Directors of Homeland Security.
Lol, of course they don't style themselves explicitly as that anymore. Now they just call it common sense or the good old days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom