• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jade Raymond Envolope on the Game Awards was incorrectly printed

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
geoffjpsxr.png

"And by the way, sincere apologies to @ibjade the envelope we gave her was incorrectly printed. Our fault not hers."

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/672861188187750401?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

For those who didn't watch the show last night here is the Youtube link to all the Jade performances, including the awkward burn on Jack Bauer, i mean, Kiefer Sutherland.
The envelope blunder is at 2:15:45
https://youtu.be/x4WXkKQiEw8?t=8020

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I am shocked. Because perfectly reasonable and decent people on this board were positive she was an incompetent, intoxicated, [insert misogynistic noun here].

I thought this would have been MORE THAN obvious last night.....

They wait until 12 hours after the show to tell us that.

Damage already done.

because for the first 12 hours they assumed people would resort to some sort of common sense. obviously they assumed wrong.

kami_sama

Even if Jade Raymond were drunk (she most definitely was), it was clear there was some sort of error in the envelope.

Fhtagn

It was so obvious she realized the card was misprinted immediately after reading it out loud that I would have a hard time believing otherwise.

Dragon

Banned
I am shocked. Because perfectly reasonable and decent people on this board were positive she was an incompetent, intoxicated, [insert misogynistic noun here].

You don't think she was intoxicated at all?

Teggy

"However, she was still three sheets to the wind and we take no responsibility for that Keifer abuse. "

Kiefer got her back
NANOMACHINES, SON

It was obvious it was misprinted, she realized it immediately after she said it

I mean, that's what I thought as soon as she spoke. Sounded like she was just reading from the envelope and caught herself at the end and was like "huh"

Weird mistake.

Certinty

Fair enough if true but the comment about Snake without David Hayter was uncalled for, especially with Sutherland there.

Fhtagn

Also can't believe people think the Hayter stuff was an ad lib or getting offended by it. All award shows have shitty joke set ups like that one and why would someone go off script while also delivering a perfect award ceremony style corny zinger?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
You don't think she was intoxicated at all?

regardless of her condition or nerves... clearly it was misprinted.. with her saying "wait what?" immediately after. I don't know how any reasonable person could assume that she just completely botched it. When people botch stuff, their reaction is embarrassment or foolishness, not confusion.

Fair enough if true but the comment about Snake without David Hayter was uncalled for, especially with Sutherland there.

you could tell this was scripted. She literally read this off of a teleprompter and delivered it as such. Blame the writers for this, not her.

SJRB

Gold Member
So can anyone explain what actually happened and what was supposed to happen?

Edit: never mind, answered.

Jigorath

Banned
Well of course it was. Why would she say a completely different game than the one she's reading on the envelope.

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
That's what I thought when it happened. Good on them for clearing that up I guess. Some people were really soured by her presentation of that award.

Dragon

Banned
Also can't believe people think the Hayter stuff was an ad lib or getting offended by it. All award shows have shitty joke set ups like that one and why would someone go off script while also delivering a perfect award ceremony style corny zinger?

Who knows if it was off script. She was obviously drunk. It's not exactly a conspiracy theory I mean Mark Hamill was three sheets to the wind too.

Morts

This was pretty obvious. And I took the Hayter comment as some playful ribbing that didn't land. It was pretty gross how a lot of people here jumped all over her.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

because for the first 12 hours they assumed people would resort to some sort of common sense. obviously they assumed wrong.

Dude, she looked drunk as fuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DBWVBz3d24

You can chalk it up to all the misogynists here on Gaf but it was pretty apparent that she wasn't all there as soon as she started talking. Then she threw shade at Keifer out of nowhere and then it seemed like she fumbled reading the envelope.

It's no surprise that people thought she was drunk.

That was what I thought had happened. I was confused when people were ragging on her Carter she clearly knew that wasn't right.

Top Bottom