• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIGS PSX 2015 LIVECAST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1y1eMCUmJ4

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/673604070213488640
2nd time playing the Rigs PlayStation VR demo. Gets better every time.

https://twitter.com/ZiPP3R/status/673393115865083904
Today I played @Guerrilla Cambridge's #RIGS at #PlaystationExperience. Of all my time in VR, that was one of my favorite titles yet. #stoked

https://twitter.com/MarinoV1/status/673608024167067649
Not sure I'd say I'm a converted true believer in VR but Rigs is super fun. #PSX

https://twitter.com/Mrkennyschafer/status/673571454206644224
RIGS VR was insane! I loved every second of it and cannot wait to pick it up day one!

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
This game is building up a lot of hype.

Hopefully it goes well for Cambridge in the brave new world.

Their work on Mercenary was top notch.

v1lla21

How do you play this? With the move? Or is a dualshock ok?
Dualshock.

This was my first VR game ever and it completely sold me. It was a well controlled demo and they gave you a walk-through of how the game worked so you wouldn't be going crazy when first trying it.

As for the game itself, it was amazing! Extremely fluid and responsive controls. There was virtually no input lag in what I was doing. I took it slow at first but it didn't take long for me to learn how to play and I was pulling off some amazing moves.

The VR it self was great. Good sense of speed and immersion was definitely there. The game looked good but there was noticeable aliasing and resolution wasn't the best. Once you get moving you completely forget about it though so it doesn't really matter, for this game at least.

Everything from the UI overlay, to the Locomotion scheme seems to have been made to reduce motion sickness when moving that fast in VR. I just wish someone could adapt it to some non-cockpit style games and genres.

To me an Open world Fantasy RPG would be the VR holy grail.

Dualshock.

This was my first VR game ever and it completely sold me. It was a well controlled demo and they gave you a walk-through of how the game worked so you wouldn't be going crazy when first trying it.

As for the game itself, it was amazing! Extremely fluid and responsive controls. There was virtually no input lag in what I was doing. I took it slow at first but it didn't take long for me to learn how to play and I was pulling off some amazing moves.

The VR it self was great. Good sense of speed and immersion was definitely there. The game looked good but there was noticeable aliasing and resolution wasn't the best. Once you get moving you completely forget about it though so it doesn't really matter, for this game at least.

Glad you like it. Since this was your first VR game, did you experience any "Simulation Sickness"?

v1lla21

Glad you like it. Since this was your first VR game, did you experience any "Simulation Sickness"?
None whatsoever. we were told at the beginning to take our time and move our head slowly at first so we wouldn't get VR sickness, and I did just that. I feel like a certain amount of people who experience VR sickness is because they don't take their time to get used to VR and start moving their head around fast immediately.

Once I felt comfortable with it, I did start turning faster and jerking my head around a bit and I felt perfectly fine.

None whatsoever. we were told at the beginning to take our time and move our head slowly at first so we wouldn't get VR sickness, and I did just that. I feel like a certain amount of people who experience VR sickness is because they don't take their time to get used to VR and start moving their head around fast immediately.

Once I felt comfortable with it, I did start turning faster and jerking my head around a bit and I felt perfectly fine.

Good to know, thanks for the reply.

I heard so many good things about this game and PSVR overall this past weekend. Now i want to know the release date and price Sony. They said first half of 2016. I have a feeling PSVR will be delayed to end of 2016.

Yeah it looks better on the TV. Game suffered from aliasing quite a bit. Once I was playing I stopped noticing though.

Eeeek!

Something which could ultimately put me off depending on bad the aliasing is. I hope they improve this before launch. Makes me wonder if this is the case of a lot of the VR Games (better looking on the screen rather than the headset).

Ajax125

Banned
I'm kinda getting frustrated that we haven't heard anything from Sony, HTC or Oculus on a tighter launch window and pricing.

Its probably because they are waiting to see how much each of the other products will price themselves at so they can figure out a sweet spot to price it at.

Abdiel

Rigs and EVE Valkyrie made me a believer. Both were incredible experiences. Swift, intense, and unlike anything I've ever played before.

No motion sickness, no hesitation.

Totally worth it.

Top Bottom