• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live expiriencing issues: can't use ANY app/game?

Played a match of Reach and watched an episode on Netflix on Xbox one this past hour. Oh and downloaded bc games. This attack didn't effect me or I just missed it.

watership

Couldn't do anything until I went into network and disconnected from live. The. I was able to watch a bluray and play some Fallout.

Something about this specific issue makes the console think your connected but keeps checking and then alerting you. Kicking you out of games. Seems fishy.

Quikies83

I could download 2 BC titles but can't launch either. Got gears 3 to fire up in BC but it didn't recognize the dlc as being installed so I can't play anything from the playlist.
Can't launch my NHL centerice app.

Still not working for me :(. Booted up Halo 5 and after a few moments in the menus it brings me back to the Dashboard and says I need to be online. I also can't make this Xbox One my Home Xbox as I have two in my house that share digital content between them. So looks like gaming is out of the question for me tonight...

I think that was Anonymous, Phantom Squad are the ones who are supposedly attacking Xbox Live (and maybe PSN). But whether they are really the ones behind Xbox Live being down, who knows.

If PSN goes down magically in the next hour or so they probably are. They said they were doing that next.

Cunts like this are the reason for these even bigger cunts.

07871003f19521e7bc60cca9f50ba87e.png

If PSN goes down magically in the next hour or so they probably are. They said they were doing that next.

Cunts like this are the reason for these even bigger cunts.

07871003f19521e7bc60cca9f50ba87e.png

Yeah, I read some of those tweets. If they are responsible, then I don't understand it. There are far better things they could be spending their resources on, like ISIS.

Hugstable

Banned
You can "go offline" from the network settings then single player games will work (thank God for Fallout 4)

Wait I can do that? Would Banjo Tooie, SUnset Overdrive or Mega Man Legacy work this way? They are all offline games and if I can play Sunset Overdrive right now, that'd be cool

Yeah, I read some of those tweets. If they are responsible, then I don't understand it. There are far better things they could be spending their resources on, like ISIS.

Their resources couldn't do shit to ISIS. Whatever they could do, anyone of us could. Nothing they are doing is advanced hacking or anything like that. It's just mass flooding. Nothing worse than a few script kiddies who think they are invincible. Sad how bad LIVE and PSN are this gen.

EYEL1NER

It would have been nice if the recent big update removed some of the bullshit always-online remnants and hooks that were left in, stuff that would prevent you from playing a game. If all of that was gone and the new consoles started rolling off the line up-to-date with no need for the initial update, I would get rid of my current Xbone and get a new model on the first day.
Last year when LizardSquad was doing their shit on Christmas I was unable to play games even after "going offline." It kept telling me to go online or set my console to my "home" console, even though it has been set as the home console since it was first booted up. I had only had the console for weeks and had bought almost 30 retail games on Black Friday but it wasn't a good introduction to the Xbone for me. I've made clear here my frustrations over not being able to play some games if it detects a patch; I couldn't play Killer Instinct for over six months because while I was temporarily connected to XBL up where I work in Greenland, it detected that there was an update for KI. After disconnecting from Live and going offline, it wouldn't boot the game because it said it needed the update. I couldn't download the multi-gig update OR the full game again though on the incredibly awesome Greenland TelePost 20GB-capped, barely-qualified-to-be-broadband Internet. Pins and achievements require the Internet for whatever reason (it's a dumb reason, whatever it is). And now I have to jump through hoops to watch a blu-ray.

But man, that original game-sharing plan they had cooked up for their always-online box would have been something, wouldn't it have? It would have been totally worth all this!!!
*grumbles* Stupid digital future...

XenoRaven

I'm so tired of this console and shit not working right. I suppose I can't get too mad at them if this is the result of a DDOS attack, but man I'm getting frustrated with this thing.

jtar86

My xbone is set to home console and I still couldn't open games or apps earlier today. Glad it wasn't just me I got worried for a sec.

Warablo

Ya, I can't even play games that I own, because the games & app won't load and the store won't load. I haven't tried going offline, but I can play Rainbow Six because its physical.

Even my pins for the games I own won't load.

Same problem here, my own digital content fails I was like wtf is going on with my xbox one!? Then I read the fake wannabe hackers living in their mother's basement squad was buying ddos attacks again. No server on earth could withstand this shit so not sure what they are proving other than they need to be enjoying all the free sex in a jail cell

ViciousDS

Banned
That was my first reaction.

I read that as

"That was my first erection" and had to double take.....drinking and full party sparrow racing is fun.

Had my physical destiny disc thankfully lying around to play since I own digital.

But this shit is annoying.

modalife

Banned
Just logged in to watch some Netflix, and it keeps randomly kicking me out. I get errror 0x87de2727. Let me watch The Office in peace damn it.

oo7

Tried watching a dvd. Could not. Pretty crazy that you can't watch a movie if live is having issues.

Synth

But man, that original game-sharing plan they had cooked up for their always-online box would have been something, wouldn't it have? It would have been totally worth all this!!!

You want to know something hilarious? If the original policies were in place, everyone here would have been good for a 24hr window before the console started screaming for a connection.

Just a thought.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey so if I set my Xbox to home Xbox, the next time the Xbox Live is down would I be able to play my offline games offline? Didn't have my Xbox set as Homebox so I can't play anything now, and was wondering if changing it to Homebox allows me to play while offline.

Synth

Hey so if I set my Xbox to home Xbox, the next time the Xbox Live is down would I be able to play my offline games offline? Didn't have my Xbox set as Homebox so I can't play anything now, and was wondering if changing it to Homebox allows me to play while offline.

Yes, although you may also need to set your Xbox itself to "Go Offline" at that time in order to avoid it constantly attempting to validate your licenses and throwing the error up anyway.

I was able to access the store and am installing Thief now, but the whole thing feels choppy. Sometimes it would give me an error message like "Content not available" or something like that.

It's not like I'm going to be playing anything right now (have work tomorrow and have to study for a final), but it sucks for others wanting to play a game.

Hugstable

Banned
Yes, although you may also need to set your Xbox itself to "Go Offline" at that time in order to avoid it constantly attempting to validate your licenses and throwing the error up anyway.

Sweet thanks, as long as I can prevent this next time and still play my offline games then that works for me. Itching to play some Sunset OD haha

hawk2025

You want to know something hilarious? If the original policies were in place, everyone here would have been good for a 24hr window before the console started screaming for a connection.

Just a thought.

A wrong thought, because there's zero evidence that it was the changes that made this happen.

I fail to see how trying to make the system less reliable on an internet connection made it more.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Having difficulty downloading Thief, and can't do Ark or play Battlefront. Oh well, probably an issue Unrelated to those wannabes.

EYEL1NER

Just a thought.
Well not everyone. I wouldn't own one if the original policies were in place. Sure I can get use out of my console here in the states right now but I am not going to buy something that I can't use for 8 months out of the year while in Greenland.

rob305

Well not everyone. I wouldn't own one if the original policies were in place. Sure I can get use out of my console here in the states right now but I am not going to buy something that I can't use for 8 months out of the year while in Greenland.

Air force? My buddy is in Thule

shoreu

Yeah it will i assume your gamesharing?

Top Bottom