• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Essential games compatible with the PSTV

Courage

I got one during that Amazon sale so I can replay Persona 4 Golden but I have no clue what else to get. I used to own a Vita for a couple of months and then sold it so I never really got into its library.

Any recommendations?

Tizoc

Brandish! It's on sale on US PSN and is Vita TV compatible.
I think the Capcom Classic collections are Vita compatible too.

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Danganronpa 3
Muramasa Rebirth
Freedom Wars
Killzone: Mercenary
LittleBigPlanet Vita
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Atelier Ayesha Plus: The Alchemist of Dusk
Lumines Electric Symphony
Tales of Hearts R
Ys: Memories of Celceta

Freedom Wars (PS plus freebie for this month)
Soul Sacrifice Delta
Ys Memories in Celceta

These exclusives and P4G make me treasure mine. Ys Seven, Oath in Felghana, and Brandish (on sale now) also feel quite at home on the PSTV for more fast and fun Falcom action adventure greatness.

I don't think you can run Celceta on a PSTV without doing that email exploit thing, IIRC.
Incorrect as it was patched around time they stopped exploit.

How does Mercenary compare to Shadowfall? I disliked the latter.

I liked it a lot better than Shadow Fall. Story was a lot better and I remember more of the encounters in Mercenary than Shadow Fall. One caveat, though: I don't know if gyro aiming is supported on PSTV. If it is, fantastic. If not, that would knock a few points off for me--not enough to rescind my recommendation, only to diminish it a bit. Apparently there was a patch to allow PSTV support that changed a lot of the touchscreen stuff to stick actions, so I'm hopeful about gyro support.

I'd +1 Danganronpa 1 and 2 as well, my favourite games of 2014.

Rektash

Soul Sacrifice and the Danganronpa series.

Can't comment on Virtue's Last Reward or Persona 4 Golden but by most accounts those two games are must plays as well.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Thanks for the responses guys.

Has anyone tried playing Persona 3 Portable on it? How does it look/play?

It looks plays fine for a PSP game. Some people miss the FMV sequences but I think it's fine, especially since you get some of the P4G gameplay enhancements and femMC. It's my favorite version

Shahed

When did Ys Celceta get approved? I knew it worked in Japan and got a PSTV primarily for that game. But I couldn't play it and checking the internet it sounded like a patch wasn't coming anytime soon so I promptly returned the PSTV that same day and played Ys on the Vita instead.

Please be aware that the EU version of DR1 is not compatible with the PSTV.

Besides I think the touch screen is better for a lot of the trial games in Danganronpa. Especially Hangman's Gambit and the oh so (Improved) version!

EDF 2017 is a ton of fun and deff something I recommend picking up.

I initially bought it as a way to play on the go with my original Vita but I've been playing it a lot on my Vita TV with a DS4 recently and really enjoying it.

My PS TV has been collecting dust but I plan to bring it on the break. Is the exploit to unlock the whitelist still available? Should I decline any PSN update that it wants me to download?

Ones I've played myself;
  • Bastion
  • Danganronpa (all three of them if you're in NA, not the first if not)
  • Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition (NA Only)
  • Freedom Wars
  • Guacamelee!
  • Helldivers
  • Killzone Mercenary
  • OlliOlli2: Welcome to Olliwood
  • Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus
  • Soul Sacrifice Delta
  • SUPERBEAT: XONiC
  • Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment
  • Ys: Memories of Celceta (btw it wasn't patched, simply added to the whitelist)

But here's a proper list of what's compatible; http://thevitalounge.net/released-playstation-vita-games/

Clive

Soul Sacrifice Delta and Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines are the only native Vita games I consider essential. Both should be compatible. Both are grindfests though so be prepared.

Top Bottom