• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound delayed to 2017

KevinCow

Banned
UO8Br5B.gif

DKHF

This is for the best because as others have said releasing a new IP in the holidays is very tough (the game was scheduled for Q4). It will do better in March or something.

glaurung

Called it when they announced it.

I also expect the final game to look totally different from what we saw at E3.

Wow, lots of people were predicting a delay, but I'm surprised at how early it's being announced.

I also wonder if they're trying to move the new IP to a less busy time in the spring perhaps?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This industry needs more Bethesdas and less Microsofts.

These three-year "hype" cycles are tiring as fuck.

MrV4ltor

Well their last gameplay showing was pretty telling. The world looked empty, framerate was abysmal and the combat didn't look deep at all. MS announced this one way too early.

Raide

A little disappointing but take your time Platinum. I would rather have it amazing than just so-so and forgotten about quickly. Make the combat awesome, have loads of content and interesting MP modes.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
And thus the "2016 - best year in games" begins.

Given how ambitious the game seems to be it kind of makes sense.

Performance looked rough, so it's probably for the better.

This leaves a pretty big hole in the XB1's lineup this year, though. Time for another surprise moneyhat?

:p

I'm a little surprised. I thought it was further along than it was apparently. But I imagine the game will look a lot different
better
upon release now.

Yeah, no-one's surprised by this. I sure am glad that MS decided to announce it near enough 3 years before release with a CGI trailer though!

wildbite

I figured there would be delays on the games I had my eyes on. I planned on picking up an Xbox One for Scalebound and ReCore. I wonder if ReCore will be delayed too.

Some Nobody

I'm not even a little surprised. Plus 2016 is already packed and I don't want to buy an XBO yet. I'm fairly confident ReCore and Quantum Break make it out this year though, so they should be fine.

I don't think we heard from Guerilla that it's 2016.

Who told you that? They said they were targeting 2016 either at E3 or shortly afterwards.

Not shocked.

Last holiday probably finally thought MS that its better to spread releases out instead of stacking the last 3 months.

Well, someone had to be the first. Bets on which month Horizon gets pushed back?

During the pre E3 announcements.

Expected it since it looked pretty rough but also because it would've most likely been sent to die in the fall.

Early next year could do it wonders.

Top Bottom