• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa PS4 Alpha gameplay, preview

CaVaYeRo

Attended to a 505 Games / Kuno Simulazioni event the other day, they had PS4 Thrustmaster-powered demo stations.

Really surprised on handling and UI. Here's some gameplay, one video showing menus, screens, and hands-on impressions:

http://www.gamereactor.es/avances/275503/Assetto+Corsa+-+impresiones+PS4/

(Spanish, will get English asap).

Kunos confirmed to us it's 1080p60 on PS4, 900p60 on Xbox One. Content parity also confirmed, with same content updates and patches from PC to consoles (but no mods).

I guess there'll be more previews coming up.

assettocorsa_1653863b.png

assettocorsa_1653843b.png

assettocorsa_1653933b.png

assettocorsa_1653883b.png

We'll also post all the details from the long, deep interview with this kind man:

EDIT: English preview available: http://www.gamereactor.eu/previews/374523/Assetto+Corsa+-+console+impressions/

EDIT 2:

We got a video demo / explanation / commentary on how Assetto Corsa console menus work and, more importantly, on every single settings parameter for the streamlined Force Feedback configuration system here:

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/...gurar+el+Force+Feedback+en+Assetto+Corsa+PS4/

So it's settings including all those FFB, Curbs FFB, Road FFB, Slip FFB, Understeer FFB and degrees of rotation.

I completely forgot this is coming to consoles, I bought it on steam last year but did not notice that it was a DX11 game, so i've never played it.

*edit* I own a 950 gtx now so maybe I should go see if it runs on my old pc.

Jamesways

Fantastic! Thanks for posting this. Cannot wait!

Edit- Hello Alan! Really looking forward to your coverage of this.

Engine sound is nice, the track sound is ehhh. Also, engine sound response is not aligned with gear changing (noticeable in cockpit view towards the end, could be bad video though).

Regardless, it's alpha and this will definitely be fixed.

tioslash

Have hundreds of hours put into the PC version and been supporting this game since its very first Tech Preview build. Fantastic sim. Looking forward to see how the PS4 version turns out.

Azzawon

Great previews! Thanks for the video too, Alan!

Really looking forward to this as I don't get chance to put the hours into the game on my PC.

DavidDesu

Forgot about this. Hope it turns out better than Project Cars which was a big disappointment to me. Yeah I should have a racing wheel but... THE PAD CONTROLS WERE ABYSMAL! It never ever felt right and I tweaked it to hell and back to find a good control method but never found it. Gran Turismo, which is my benchmark, just nails it. Project Cars, too twitchy, if you tweak it to remove the twitchyness then its simply unresponsive. Seemingly nothing done to balance the two the way a game like GT manages with aplomb.

Hope this does better.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
These consoles are getting so many racing sims, but no arcade racing games :(

ps3ud0

Do we have a release date on this? Only (new) PC sim apart from Dirt Rally that I wanted to try.

Need to get my G25 adapter made

ps3ud0 8)

GrayFoxBH

Driveclub and FH have that pretty much covered on their respective platforms.
While I agree, I miss arcade racing games that goes back to the origins of the genre, with crazy shortcuts, cheesy soundtrack and all that stuff, like San Francisco Rush, Nascar Rumble and Cruis'n USA, just to name a phew.

danowat

Banned
While I agree, I miss arcade racing games that goes back to the origins of the genre, with crazy shortcuts, cheesy soundtrack and all that stuff, like San Francisco Rush, Nascar Rumble and Cruis'n USA, just to name a phew.

Sounds like you want to play The Crew (which is actually pretty damn good these days)

GHG

Gold Member
Anyone manage to play it with a pad?

According to the Eurgamer preview the gamepad support isn't where it needs to be yet but it plays as you would expect with a wheel (like the PC version).

I'm very interested to see how this turns out. I have it on the PC but haven't had the chance to play it as much as I would have liked but I'm intrigued to see what the console audience thinks about it.

Gestault

After giving a huge amount of time and adjustment to try to get the controller support in Project Cars where it should be and concluding that it's simply poorly made in that regard, I'm nervous about their approach to simplifying inputs for controllers.

My Driving Force GT is still just sitting there, and I can't decide which platform to get Logitech's new wheel for. Fingers crossed.

Marlenus

I am looking forward to this. I hope it actually feels realistic though unlike many sims that are just hard for the sake of being hard.

CaVaYeRo

Do we have a release date on this? Only (new) PC sim apart from Dirt Rally that I wanted to try.

Need to get my G25 adapter made

ps3ud0 8)

April 22.

And yeah, PS4 is 1080p60 and Xbox One 900p60, as Kunos-man confirmed to us.

Couldn't try game pad myself as I was trying to try as much wheel as possible - debug was buggy on pedals and FF.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
this wont do well. i LOVE racers, especially sims,but with forza and pcars, i'm covered. unlike say dirt rally, this doesnt add much different to whats already out there. please correct me if i'm wrong. i suppose its a tad it more open on ps4 at the moment though

Azzawon

I think this will be very similar to pCARS in terms of pad controls. They do the job, but will probably require lots of fine tuning in a settings menu to make them feel great.

If you're seriously looking into a game like this on console I can't recommend a wheel highly enough, it makes the experience so much more complete.

ps3ud0

April 22.

And yeah, PS4 is 1080p60 and Xbox One 900p60, as Kunos-man confirmed to us.

Couldn't try game pad myself as I was trying to try as much wheel as possible - debug was buggy on pedals and FF.
Cheers, didnt realise how close that is - now to hope it maintains 60fps with most options thrown at it. Really looking forward to its sound engine

ps3ud0 8)

danowat

Banned
I think this will be very similar to pCARS in terms of pad controls. They do the job, but will probably require lots of fine tuning in a settings menu to make them feel great.

Well, they have a great benchmark on how not to do it, so let's hope it's much better!.

Did a bit of research, and apparently the PC handles well enough with a gamepad, so that should make things a bit more hopeful?

Jamesways

this wont do well. i LOVE racers, especially sims,but with forza and pcars, i'm covered. unlike say dirt rally, this doesnt add much different to whats already out there. please correct me if i'm wrong. i suppose its a tad it more open on ps4 at the moment though

Until 2018 when GT7 hits you mean...
:p

nib95

Banned
Looks great, though sense of speed could still be improved. I do have a feeling this will end up being the best sim racer on these consoles, at least for the next year or two anyway. Glad I got my new wheel in one time, though I'm still major salty about my old G25 no longer being compatible.

Looks great, though sense of speed could still be improved. I do have a feeling this will end up being the best sim racer on these consoles, at least for the next year or two anyway. Glad I got my new wheel in one time, though I'm still major salty about my old G25 no longer being compatible.

GT Sport coming this year.

Jabba

Banned
I know of Assetto Corsa but not much about it. Does Assetto have racing cars in it?

Thanks Dave_6

I just looked it up. Plenty of F1 and Lmp1 and inbetween. I'm in.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
This a great, great sim with the best handling out there imo--and I play it with my 360 pad on Steam. Good to see it's coming to consoles, hopefully people give it a chance. Sublime game.

evilr

Banned
900p continues to live on Xbox One despite the console being 10x more powerful than PS4 due to the cloud.

Anyway, game looks rather interesting.

Top Bottom