• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 delayed to 'Spring 2016'

Do you care about online modes in this game? Did you back this game?

Results are only viewable after voting.

JordanKZ

Just received this from Kickstarter:

To the fans eagerly awaiting the release of Mighty No. 9,

Unfortunately, we have an announcement that will be very disappointing to all of you. In preparation for the February release of Mighty No. 9 we have been working hard with our partners to resolve any network issues and porting work necessary to publish Mighty No. 9 on the various platforms. However, the issues relating to the network modes were more critical than expected, and it has become apparent that we will need to delay the game from its February 9th release date. We have been working up until the very last moment to resolve these issues in order to make the February release, but it has become clear that we no longer have enough time to fix the issues and have everything prepared for release.

The reason for the delay is rooted in bugs inside the network modes, and specifically problems with matchmaking. There are two large reasons for this problem, one of them being the large number of platforms supported (the solution for each platform is slightly different) and the other stems from the fact that the engine we are using is no longer being updated which means adjustments for matchmaking and online code are being made manually (actually reprogramming parts of the engine by the dev team themselves). Unfortunately, this is all a result of miscalculations on the part of us, the development staff. As a result, our fans who have been looking forward to Mighty No. 9 have been forced to wait for over half a year longer than expected, and for that we are sincerely sorry. I want to take this chance to apologize personally, and on the behalf of the development staff.

Over the end of the year break and the beginning of 2016, the development staff has been working on these issues non-stop without break, and thanks to their hard work the end is in sight. We continue to make progress to resolve these last issues that have been holding up the release of the game on the different platforms.

Because we are constantly working on it in cooperation with all our partners, we want to wait and make sure that everything is confirmed to be ready before giving a new specific release date. But we expect it to realistically be in Spring 2016.

For this 3rd delay of the game, we have no excuses for disappointing our fans and especially our backers once more. We want to take this chance to express our sincerest apologies to everyone who has looked forward to the release.

Although we are far past our original release date, the release of Mighty No. 9 is still right around the corner. We are all working hard to make sure that we can finish and release the game to all of our fans as quickly as possible, and ask once more for your support of this project that we have created together over these last few years.

Keiji Inafune

The game was supposed to be out in 2 weeks and there was literally no one talking about it. This won't help

I feel kind of bad for the devs but not really

Also no one cares about your dumb online MP

me0wish

So.. they are spending more time on the online that no one cares about than making the game it self? That's genius.

I was hoping it got delayed so they can actually design the game better.

The game was supposed to be out in 2 weeks and there was literally no one talking about it. This won't help

There's nothing in the game to start a buzz. The graphical style is busy and muddy, the level designs we've seen are simplistic and it's going to be at least a year late now

That's too bad. It looks like it'll end up being a good game.

It's not my type, though, because Mega Man was always too difficult for me and never hooked me in the way that some others did.

kuvaldis

Neo Member
My purchase just went form day1 to summer sale maybe.
3 delays is just shitty planning, not delivering best experience possible. And something tells me it will suck hard =)

Famassu

The game is now a joke, I'll pick it up whenever I see it dirt cheap.
Your kind of reaction is the bigger joke. So they are having some network problems that they are taking time to fix proprely instead of releasing a broken game. Where's the joke in that? With how many online modes have been broken in games in recent years, you'd think this is the preferable alternative instead of just pushing shit out even when it doesn't work properly.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
At this point, it's becoming hilarious. What a weird chapter in gaming history this is.

I just read the email.
Why don't just release the SP game and work in whatever it is after that?
I'm really regretting giving them my money, I would never backup Inafune ever again

MrBadger

Fucking hell, will this game ever come out? I thought it was done ages ago. Those network issues must be bad but I don't even know how crucial this game's online component is.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Just got the Kickstarter email

Literally laughing out loud.

Inafune, you're such a damn fraud.

Wouldn't surprise me if most of the Kickstarter money actually went to the sequel and the reason for all the delays is because the first game is being created on a much tighter budget lol

MicH

O say this in every Mighty No. 9 thread, but I really regret backing this game. My interest in it is literally 0. Nothing they've shown so far has me interested in the game. It looks terrible as well. I hate the art style. Oh well

brawly

UB1eV.gif

Good luck on further KS ventures, Inafune.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
at this point, Id' continue to delay it forever and ever. that wuld sign a milestone in VG history

Your kind of reaction is the bigger joke. So they are having some network problems that they are taking time to fix proprely instead of releasing a broken game. Where's the joke in that? With how many online modes have been broken in games in recent years, you'd think this is the preferable alternative instead of just pushing shit out even when it doesn't work properly.

The joke is that they said "lol no delays", and despite that, here we are. Most backers just want the game at this point. I'm sure many would settle on having the online patched in at this point.

Top Bottom