• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Builders | Import OT| - Home wasn't built in a day.

Maybe it will show up in a sizzle reel at E3 or Gamescom. I don't think it will make it to the west before fall. It took ~8 months for Dragon Quest Heroes.

Tried this game in some store and gotta say its very tempting to get it as the tutorial was very easy to understand due to the visual clues. But I suppose there is a very high chance it is coming to the west since Heroes was released here. Gotta wait :(

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Well, E3 and a release are far enough out that I just said fuck it, and got it from Amazon Japan. 3 day shipping for a few bucks is amazing

Aters

I'm starting to get antsy about waiting for this English announcement, are there any upcoming events that would be ideal for this kind of localization announcement? Otherwise I think I'm just gonna go ahead and get it off Japanese psn...

Square just released the first English trailer of SO5 out of nowhere. This kind of announcement doesn't need a specific event. I'd say you should wait for a little longer before importing it.

Then again, this game is not heavy on text, I think people can play the original just fine.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Square just released the first English trailer of SO5 out of nowhere. This kind of announcement doesn't need a specific event. I'd say you should wait for a little longer before importing it.

Then again, this game is not heavy on text, I think people can play the original just fine.

actually thats incorrect as they tell you what they want built and if there is no complete wiki would make it hard for those who cant read unfortunately.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Hoooo boy, I imported and am really glad that I did. It's surprisingly accessible for an import, but I am stuck on two quests and am wondering if I need to get pieces of cloth and wall torches in the world somewhere, or figure out a way to craft them myself first? Plus, creating rooms that add to your points total seems to be tricky after the first one, even though I have the same beginning items in the rooms.

Hoooo boy, I imported and am really glad that I did. It's surprisingly accessible for an import, but I am stuck on two quests and am wondering if I need to get pieces of cloth and wall torches in the world somewhere, or figure out a way to craft them myself first? Plus, creating rooms that add to your points total seems to be tricky after the first one, even though I have the same beginning items in the rooms.

You will get cloth as an enemy drop and you'll be able to craft wall torches once you get the right materials. I can't remember which tool it takes, but you can also break the ones that you find around the world to bring back to town.

Parakeetman

You will get cloth as an enemy drop and you'll be able to craft wall torches once you get the right materials. I can't remember which tool it takes, but you can also break the ones that you find around the world to bring back to town.

Needs to be above a certain quality level or you will just bounce off it.

Gu4n

Finished Chapter 2. For the boss fight, I made
a little platform above my town's flag with four arbalests. On my way back from smacking Hades Condor, I killed the creatures that invaded my time
. Fairly easy in comparison to the first boss fight, I thought.

Really curious to see what unique gameplay component Chapter 3 has to offer!

Aters

So the Asian version has been released (Traditional Chinese and Korean).
Has this game got a western release window yet?

hongcha

Anyone play the PS3 version? Is it close to the PS4 version in quality?

Any downside to playing the Vita version? Such as glaring performance issues, font readability, etc.

Just trying to decide which one to buy.

Parakeetman

Anyone play the PS3 version? Is it close to the PS4 version in quality?

Any downside to playing the Vita version? Such as glaring performance issues, font readability, etc.

Just trying to decide which one to buy.

Vita ver is mainly camera and how tiny shit will be.

Asides from that the Vita ver plays fine.

No idea about the PS3 version as have the PS4 ver.

NesFe

I have the vita version and the game runs great, stable frame rate most of the time. I had one or 2 instances where i noticed it stutter, but there was a lot going on so I forgive it. There were no issues with reading text either. I don't know how it compares to ps3/ps4 though.

Parakeetman

How is the game? I just saw this at E3 stream and I'm very interested in it!

It's arriving in North America (PS4 and Vita) on October 2016 btw.

Game is indeed good if you are into building stuff like the minecraft type of games. In addition due to this game having an actual story it does give the player a goal for the main game. There is also a free build mode with no monsters which is unlocked as you progress in the story.

Game is indeed good if you are into building stuff like the minecraft type of games. In addition due to this game having an actual story it does give the player a goal for the main game. There is also a free build mode with no monsters which is unlocked as you progress in the story.

I liked Terraria a lot and never got into Minecraft though. I've only played Dragon Quest VIII but loved that too. I'd like to pick this up I think. Would prefer it on Steam but I'll take it on PS4, probably not at $60 though.

Parakeetman

I liked Terraria a lot and never got into Minecraft though. I've only played Dragon Quest VIII but loved that too. I'd like to pick this up I think. Would prefer it on Steam but I'll take it on PS4, probably not at $60 though.

If you like building things and dragon quest as you stated you should have a good time with it. Game is more designed for controller play than m&k like minecraft was.

One thing is for sure as long as you dont go rushing through the game it will most def give you your $$$ worth.

Thing with this game in SP the Town which NPCs will populate can only be built in a specific location on each map. You are free to build whatever and wherever you want just know that the NPC will not go live there.

Anyone know if the free-mode maps are random generated? Know the question have been asked before but perhaps someone actually knows the answer to this question now? :)

Looks awesome, one of those few who havent purchased Minecraft yet but I surely like the art style of this game. Rocking Terraria at my Vita, should pick this up in October (if procedurally generated World exists...)

Daouzin

October 11th couldn't come soon enough. After having played it at E3, this is the only game I feel like playing lately. I was hooked like instantly.

Parakeetman

according to amazon the game is releasing Oct 11, 2016 (it was the usual placeholder 31 Dec)

https://amzn.com/B01GD490UM

dont know if it was known

There was this announcement in May, but they didnt give a specific date when in October.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...s-confirmed-for-north-america-on-ps4-ps-vita/

Today actually marks the 30th anniversary of the Dragon Quest franchise and as part of the celebration, I am very happy to announce that Dragon Quest Builders is officially coming to North America this October (2016) on PS4 and PS Vita!

Parakeetman

Excited for it to come out! Really wish it had co-op. They're killing me with these add co-op in the sequel dragon quest games.

I think its due to them wanting to get the gameplay mechanics and general game performance stabilized first before trying to get co-op working.

More than enough content to keep yourself amused regardless.

But yeah it is unfortunate that it was not in there from the get go.

Parakeetman

Ah is it so hard to put 'Import' in the title? Got me excited there thought it just got released

This came out a good while ago even before there was anything close to any word on western localization.

Contacted Shouta to see if he can help fix the title now that there will be an actual release soon.

Awesome either Shouta or one of the other mods fixed it. Thanks for that!

Parakeetman

Seeing how no one claimed an OT for the western release I might as well just do a simple OT for the West.

Need to redo text and whatnots so will do that now and put it up as soon as am done.

styl3s

12:01 is tomorrow as well.
If i am having a party at midnight i am going to tell people midnight tonight not midnight tomorrow there is a reason most people refer to midnight day of "tonight" and not tomorrow.

We aren't morons we understand it's technically the next day but nobody says midnight tomorrow. When i referred "also tomorrow" i was talking in terms of retail because i already stated the digital comes out tonight at midnight.

Top Bottom