• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider PC |OT| Hello... it's me.

headervsslv.png

sysreqsq5spl.png

sysreqs2xrsrn.png

storyjisp3.png

In her first adventure, Lara Croft was forged into a true survivor, but she glimpsed a deeper, secret world. Obsessed by what she has seen, Lara is now
threatened by a shadow organization intent on killing her for what she knows. She is pushed to her physical and mental limits as she seeks the truth
buried deep within the tombs of an ancient world. To unravel the mystery of a Lost City, Lara must use her survival skills and wits, learn to trust new friends,
and ultimately accept her destiny as the Tomb Raider.
charactersmxsqb.png

keyfeaturesyss3s.png

larasjourneygdsj9.png

Lara uncovers an ancient mystery that places her in the cross-hairs of a ruthless organization known as Trinity. As she races to find the secret before
Trinity, the trail leads to a myth about the Lost City of Kitezh. Lara knows she must reach the Lost City and its hidden secrets before Trinity. With that, she sets out for
Siberia on her first Tomb Raiding expedition.
guerrilacombatddstw.png

Use the environment to your advantage, scale trees and dive underwater to avoid or takedown enemies, configure Lara's gear, weapons, and ammo to suit
your play style from stealth to guns blazing, craft explosives on the fly to sow chaos, and wield Lara's signature combat bows and climbing axe.
womanvswild1js57.png

In "Rise of the Tomb Raider," Lara battles with not only enemies from around the world, but the world itself. Hunt animals to craft weapons and scavenge
for rare resources in densely populated ecosystems. You'll encounter beautifully hostile environments, full of treacherous conditions and unstable landscapes that will require
Lara to push her limits to the very edge.
graphicsqzsbi.png

"Rise of the Tomb Raider" features astonishingly beautiful graphics and advanced visual effects - including PureHair (TressFX-like hair sim) and advanced environmental
tesselation - across jaw-dropping scenes and set pieces throughout Syria, Siberia and the mysterious lost city of Kitezh.
tombraider7astr.png

Tombs are back, and they're bigger and better than ever. In "Rise of the Tomb Raider" you'll explore huge, awe-inspiring ancient spaces littered with
deadly traps, solve dramatic environmental puzzles, and decipher ancient texts to reveal crypts as you take on a world filled with secrets to discover.
linksn5sd7.png

specialthanks5pspp.png

CRYSTAL DYNAMICS for making such a fantastic game
NIXXES for SLAYING the porting game
Coreda for The Witcher 3 OT2, on which this is heavily inspired
Harlequin for the original Rise of the Tomb Raider OT
NeoRaider and everyone else who scoured the web for updates about the PC version

ps3ud0 8)
footercbsk6.png

scitek

Nice OP. I've had the game since last night. Have the latest Nvidia drivers installed, too. I'm cross-posting from the other thread:

There's this awful stuttering that happens from time to time, and I can't figure out why. I've moved the game to an SSD, turned Purehair on and off, nothing makes a noticeable difference. It's normally only happening in cutscenes, but it just did it during a set piece and nearly killed me. Hope it's addressed. Maybe I should set textures to High and try that. I have a 970.

Here's a vid of it.

EDIT: With these settings, and Purehair Off, I get mostly 60fps and the stuttering has not yet happened again.

Beautiful, minimalistic OP! Wonderful job, Garrett!

May I suggest linking to the DF and PC performance threads as well?

EDIT:

There, just saw it. Nvm

Piggus

Nice OP. I've had the game since last night. Have the latest Nvidia drivers installed, too. I'm cross-posting from the other thread:

Looks more serious than an issue with VRAM, but as a general rule you should think of the 970 as having 3.5 GBs of VRAM, not 4. What are your other specs?

Dr Dogg

Well time to get Tomb Raiding... again. And I only warped up the XO version last month.

Wonder how quickly the season pass stuff is going to start popping on PC?

scitek

Looks more serious than an issue with VRAM, but as a general rule you should think of the 970 as having 3.5 GBs of VRAM, not 4. What are your other specs?

Windows 10 64-bit
i52500k @ 4.5 GHz
8GB RAM
500GB SSD

It could be the lack of RAM killing me, but that's at 1080p, and it still happens with textures on High instead of Very High.

Lol Konstantin's character profile pic as Kermit is brilliant.
this OT is super clean and lovely.
Had a chuckle from the character portraits
Great OP breh. I'm really excited for this and have Friday off. (It unlocks late Thursday night in my region)
Nice OT.

Lol @ the character pics and the minimum req pic :)
Great OP but where's Tom?
Too busy analysing frame rates to be an important part of Lara's life.
Amazing OP.

Can we use vpn to unlock this or is it global release time?

edit: words
Global unfortunately :/

Wanderer5

Now that GMG sent out the keys, preloading I go. Expecting to run medium settings with some leeway with high, which is fine.

Looking forward to this. Will keep some expectations low, but this being a improvement over TR2013 would be grand least, and definitely looks to be the case.

Really excited for this game, I loved the first game on PS3 and couldn't wait to give this one a go. Hopefully my PC is good enough to handle it lol

I'm excited! It looks like I'll have to lower settings to "medium" or somewhere there to get decent FPS, and I've heard about the stutter, but if Arkham Knight (PC) worked well enough for me on launch, I think I can handle this game!

Day 1 purchase for me. Or, well, would be if I hadn't bought it already.

I adored the game on Xbox 1, those jumping in are in for a hell of a ride. Rather jealous of you all getting to play a already gorgeous game on your systems. One day when I make a new machine I will without a doubt double dip.

ISee

The game unlocks for me in about 22 hours (according to steam).
Is it unlocking sooner for other countries/regions?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The TR tumblr has a midnight countdown timer, so decent chance the store page just hasn't been updated yet.

That's just a countdown to release day that's tied to your local time. E.g. I see:

T-MINUS 00 Days 00 Hours
00 Minutes 00 Seconds

Midnight AEDT -- eastern time being what AU unlock times are based on -- was seven hours ago, and four hours ago for me (AWST). Much like Just Cause 3, a region-specific early unlock isn't happening. I can't help but wonder if Valve no longer allows them (some pour soul has to gradually update the list of countries, after all), in which case publishers should really have the ability to release apps and set up an automated per-region unlock schedule themselves via the SPD frontend.

SliChillax

That's just a countdown to release day that's tied to your local time. E.g. I see:

Midnight AEDT was seven hours ago, and four hours ago for me (AWST). Much like Just Cause 3, a region-specific early unlock isn't happening. I can't help but wonder if Valve no longer allows them (some pour soul has to gradually update the list of countries, after all).

So when does it unlock?

KorrZ

This is a great game guys. If you haven't played it yet because it was exclusive to Xbox One I'd highly recommend that you give it a shot now. It's absolutely gorgeous and improves on a lot of the issues that people had with the first game.

Combat is still prevalent but almost all of the enemies in the game can be taken out via stealth, and there is a lot more focus on just exploring areas, solving puzzles in the challenge tombs and coming back to areas later on with new equipment Metroidvania style to gather treasure you couldn't reach before.

Top Bottom