• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dark Souls 3 screenshots

Nibel

Think these were in Famitsu already, but there you go, direct-feed and shit

rivLklS.jpg

YoV8JEC.jpg

HPSLBdP.jpg

sQjFBzC.jpg

iEZNmfV.jpg

71rLtqC.jpg

jqiG7ci.jpg

JkEYq12.jpg

Wagram

Looks awesome. I'm actually playing Lords of the Fallen right now as a itch scratcher until this comes out. It's fairly decent, I recommend it for Souls fans, but keep in mind it's not nearly as good though :(

Alright, they definitely reused decent amount of Bloodborne assets, that Beast in one of the screenshots on Destructoid looks like the Cousin It from Bloodborne's Cleric Beast, just less mutated arm and more hairy (get it, Cousin It *haha*).

While i loved Bloodbornes setting, i hope they keep the art direction and setting more medieval-like, just as they did in DK1 and DK2.

Menthuss

I'm getting serious Bloodborne vibes from some of those screenshots. Also, are those weapon sheaths I see (I sure hope so)?

Raide

Art design is top notch as always, but damn, the engine shows its age..

Agreed.

Modded PC version will look damn amazing and really bring out the detailed textures but I would love to see them move onto a new engine. Maybe rest Dark Souls for a bit and resurrect it for Next Gen.

Would much rather see Otogi come back alongside some of their other games before more Dark Souls.

That screenshot with the Pyromancer ... if someone told me that this is Mergo's Loft, i could believe them. Look, they even added those Slug-guys from the Lecture Hall and stripped off the clothes. ^^

Anyway, can't wait ... got my CE pre-ordered, why is April 12th so far away?

Soriku

Is that the crestfallen dude?

Yes going by his description.

Where are the people that said it looks graphically inferior to Bloodborne?

Looks pretty much the same to me.

I'm really liking the artstyle and designs, I just hope there's a variety of different looking areas like in the last two games though. So far it's looking like Bloodborne V2 with armor.

Alo0oy

Banned
Looks pretty much the same to me.

I'm really liking the artstyle and designs, I just hope there's a variety of different looking areas like in the last two games though. So far it's looking like Bloodborne V2 with armor.

Last time the only marketing material we got was Central Yharnam, no nightmare realms, cainhurst, forbidden woods, or any area past Cathedral ward really.

I wouldn't worry about DS3 based on marketing material that is clearly made to avoid spoilers.

cheesekao

Art design is top notch as always, but damn, the engine shows its age..
DS3 is using the new bloodborne engine. It's not even that old. It has more to do with FromSoft not having the resources or whatever arbitrary reason to make super high quality textures.

Top Bottom