• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy IX now out on Android and iOS

Tenebrous

Does this mean the PC version is likely to drop soon? How did it work for VII/VIII? (I know VI was on mobile years before the PC version).

Robin64

If the price is already including the 20% discount..

Well the current UK price show £12.99. If that was 20% off, the original price would be £16.24, which is a really odd price point indeed.

Plus it says from Feb 10th to Feb 21st, and right now it's Feb 9th. So I would suggest maybe waiting and see?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Will buy on iPhone and Steam. Easily in my Top Ten of all time.

EDIT: Is it crossbuy on iOS? Could be awesome on an iPad Pro.

J-Skee

Hmmm, do I download now, play the PSOne classic I have downloaded on my PSTV or wait for this port to hit the PS4 (hopefully)?

Lucifon

Benefit of getting this for their inflated price over just getting a PS1 Android emulator and playing the game on that?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Dang. It would be on steam already if it was coming out today, wouldn't it?

Wonder how long the wait will be. Hope it's not like FFVI

Peff

Benefit of getting this for their inflated price over just getting a PS1 Android emulator and playing the game on that?

Better 3D models, cheats, 3x speed and No Encounter toggles.

EDIT: *No. A little under two hours for today's update, which would include it. But it may well be tomorrow looking at the promotion date.

Hasney

Hopefully Steam is today then too, been activity on the package so I may have to drop XCom for several hours.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Where's the PC version? :(

Also, I wish there was a PS4 version of this, it doesn't feel right playing this game on anything but a Playstation console.

■Additional Features
・Achievements
・7 game boosters including high speed and no encounter modes.
・Autosave
・High-definition movies and character models.
From the description

latest

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If I had to guess, I'd say the Steam release is happening at 10am PST when the store updates, but it's hard to say since the internal release date set on the game on Steam was moved to March 1st.

Top Bottom