• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eastshade: A first-person, open world exploration game.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Trailer

You are a traveling painter, exploring the island of Eastshade. Capture the world on canvas using your artist’s easel. Talk to the inhabitants to learn about their lives. Make friends and help those in need. Discover mysteries and uncover secrets about the land. Surmount natural impasses to reach forgotten places. Experience how your actions impact the world around you.

Interweaving Micro-Stories
Actions and dialogue decisions affect future interactions and outcomes as you meet new characters.

Interweaving Micro-Stories
Actions and dialogue decisions affect future interactions and outcomes as you meet new characters.

Capture Your Surroundings
Compose paintings anywhere in the world and offer them to characters to gain items, knowledge, and unlock secrets.

Meet the Inhabitants
Interact with the locals through dynamic conversations with discoverable topics and branching dialogue.

Eastshade-river2.jpg

Lyndow-Final.jpg

Camp.jpg

Eastshade will be released for PC and consoles soon to follow.

http://www.eastshade.com/

They have my interest.

Looks dope.

I played Everyone's Gone to the Rapture because I liked the idea of it, but the lack of actual shit to do eventually started to piss me off.

This one looks much better.

Jpope

Neo Member
This game looks aesthetically pleasing.
I just wish this had some sort of active involvement in the game like puzzles or something to keep me interested. The canvas tool looks really cool.

Actual dialogue from an NPC: Why, yes, noble traveler! I am quite satisfied with your artistic interpretation of that coconut tree. With its two giant coconuts, its untrimmed bushy leaves and its mighty, throbbing, thick trunk! I will give you four golds for this exquisite painting.

Word of your talent has spread far. Now venture off to the castle, there you will find a princess who has become quite fond of your paintings of rueben sandwiches!

Actual dialogue from an NPC: Why, yes, noble traveler! I am quite satisfied with your artistic interpretation of that coconut tree. With its two giant coconuts, its untrimmed bushy leaves and its mighty, throbbing, thick trunk! I will give you four golds for this exquisite painting.

Word of your talent has spread far. Now venture off to the castle, there you will find a princess who has become quite fond of your paintings of rueben sandwiches!

This is not what I was expecting.

YaBish

Obviously this is early days yet, but I hope the devs put a lot of emphasis into how the paintings are rated. Things like balance, tonal value, composition, etc... could increase the monetary value of your painting. Maybe that's a pipe dream, but a working art collectors/critics economy would be amazing!

Also hoping that there are multiple styles of paintings available. Gimme some of that impressionistic goodness :)

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

from yt:
Eastshade is an open-world adventure game where you play as a traveling artist and will be released for PC on February 13, 2019 and consoles soon to follow.

yurqqa

Searched the forums and couldn't find the OT.

I'm currently playing this game and it's just great !
It's a 3D adventure game done right. I wish King's Quest 8 was done like this.

Really beautiful meditative game that feels like the pacifistic version of Skyrim - exploration and quests with the interesting story.
The world is strange, but believable and you progress naturally opening areas as a result of doing some quests.

P.S. I also get some Lost Eden vibes from this game - I guess nice sceneries (LE had very nice for the time) and beautiful music.

Try it if you like adventure games and exploration. It's magical !

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
This looks awesome. We need more open worlds that are small and dense rather than vast and shallow. Gimme a world where everything feels handcrafted and digestible, rather than vast swathes of empty terrain with stupid wildlife that you shoot for crafting materials.

Top Bottom