• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tango Gameworks' new website, office move, Mikami message and recruitment campaign

Xpliskin

While we expect an announcement of their new project at BE3 2016,
in the meantime tango gameworks has renewed their website:

www.tangogameworks.com

They also have many open positions ranging from U.I design to Engineering and everything in between.

Also, they are now located on a floor in the same building as Zenimax Japan.

Their CEO, Shinji Mikami, on the future and direction the studio is taking:
http://www.tangogameworks.com/mikami

Nothing to leak this time around, as everything is carefully worded and photographed to avoid any leaks of any sort.

I can't wait for June.

I can't imagine it's anything but TEW2. Franchise development is too important these days and The Evil Within did pretty well for a horror title. I would think Bethesda would want another and hope to build the franchise instead of trying to launch a new IP.

Unless they gave Tango another Bethesda IP to work on instead.

skynidas

Banned
good to know that they are still around. i liked the evil within from what I played, I really need to beat that game.

Lingitiz

Hopefully whatever they do next stays far away from idTech5.

I liked this part:

Shinji Mikami said:
The relationship between Western and Japanese games in the modern game industry is similar to the relationship between the Hollywood and Japanese film industries. Japan’s game ideas are still on roughly the same level as their Western counterparts, but we’re falling behind on the technical side. Because of this, when you start tweaking things on the concept side to make a Japanese game more marketable, to make it appeal to a wider audience and make it more profitable, at the same time you lose part of the main advantage that a Japanese game creator brings to the table in the first place: our ideas. In order to successfully compete with the American and European game industries, Japanese game developers need great ideas and hard work that won’t lose out to their overseas competitors.

In today’s game market, anyone can easily get their hands on games from all over the world. It’s an era in which everyone can pick and choose what games they want to play based on their own personal tastes. There is absolutely a segment of the gaming population that enjoys the distinctive style of Japanese games, and I want us to create unique works that those players will truly love. However, young creators are the ones who should be creating these works. What the world needs isn’t another Shinji Mikami. What it needs is new minds creating fresh new games for the new generation.

Warxard

Banned
I want Shinji Mikami to make whatever he and his team wants. He's a brilliant dude, he can make something brilliant.

kiri

Currently they are working on a 'survival action' title though I'm told this could change....they don't seem to be as far along in production as was expected, 9-12 months max.

Everyone seems to be working some pretty crazy hours at the moment (including weekends)

Plus they moved to Tamachi early in 2015, so almost a year in those new offices.

Arion

Evil within is great but something about just felt lacking. It simply lacked the vision of Mikami's previous games. It almost felt like Mikami was forced to make another re4 style horror game. I hope whatever is next has a bit more creativity behind it.

Evil within is great but something about just felt lacking. It simply lacked the vision of Mikami's previous games. It almost felt like Mikami was forced to make another re4 style horror game. I hope whatever is next has a bit more creativity behind it.

I know it's a divisive game but I feel like TEW is brimming with creativity. Almost every level is unique and I liked the core combat mechanics. It isn't RE4 but, then again, nothing is RE4.

wipeout364

Glad to see they are not getting shut down wasn't sure how evil within did compared to what Bethesda expected. Looking forward to mikami's next game. Hopefully with a more mature development team and more experience with their engine they will deliver something truly amazing.

Look forward to whatever they make next. The team currently consists of former members of Capcom, Platinum Games and Game Republic (Mikami did this as a courtesy to his friend Yoshiki Okamoto, the founder of Game Republic and a VG legend in his own right, imo, after the studio shut down). Good that he is nurturing more talent, we need more Hideki Kamiya's and Shu Takumi's in the industry (he mentored both of them). Mikami is a legend for that reason.

ScribbleD

The Evil Within wasn't a bad foundation, but no matter what they do next it needs a lot more care and polish put into it.

Shin-chan

Whatever Mikami is doing next I'm there day one. The Evil Within was pretty heavily flawed but the gunplay was satisfying as hell, as always.

I'd like a new IP as the story and world of TEW was probably the most disappointing part, but I'd still enjoy a sequel. I recall it being a pretty successful title on launch so wouldn't be shocked if we got a sequel.

t1gerjaw

A God Hand like game, please?

In a perfect world Tango would have 2 teams, one for big AAA project with new blood on the reins, and one smaller, led by Mikami so he could do all the smaller, crazy, experimental stuff, in the same vein of Vanquish or GH.

Loved the Evil within 1000X better than The last of us,Definitely the best new horror IP that has come out since resident evil. Love mikami, love Tangostudio, love zenimax, I will support anything that they come out with.

God hand 2 in the works baby!
Mikami probably bought the rights from capcom # believe 111!!!

heh didn't know this
"I’ve always been a fan of Argentine Tango and the way its musical composition incorporates themes of light and dark. Thinking that I wanted my company to have that same mix of warm, vibrant joy and cool stoicism, I chose Tango for the name of the company. "

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
What engine can we expect them to use? Sticking with idTech?

http://www.tangogameworks.com/careers/environment_technical_artist

各種DCCツール(Maya、modo等)の豊富な知識
各種ゲームエンジン(Unreal Engine 4等)の豊富な知識
各種オーサリングソフト(substance等)の豊富な知識
基本的なプログラミングの知識
多人数での開発作業における柔軟なコミュニケーション能力
基礎的な英語能力

Can someone extract the collage of screenshots at the link? I love me some TEW nostalgia.

There you go boss!

ViYpwEy.jpg

Top Bottom