• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break coming to PC and Xbox simultaneously on April 5th (?)

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I searched but I couldn't find a thread about it.
German magazine Gamestar reports that Quantum Break will release on April 5th on Xbox One AND PC.
I haven't seen this news anywhere else which makes me a bit sceptical but Gamestar is a rather big magazin in Germany.

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/quantum-break/news/quantum_break,53475,3267774.html

Wake me with payne if old

Edit: To clarify, the article is written as if it was a fact, they don't treat it as a rumour.

Edit2: They removed the article. Seeing how Previews of the game will go up in ~2,5 hours they might have broken an embargo. We will know more in 2,5 hours.

jelly

Safe to assume it would have Denuvo if true. Doubt they would risk it. Would be good to see the IP getting a much greater exposure abd chance of success.

Lingitiz

Welp I hope so. I mean either way it's going to come to PC eventually, the only question is when.

We'll probably find out when the preview embargo is up in a few hours. They may have gotten the news at the preview event and ran it too early.

mp1990

Banned
Please be true. PLEASE. I beg you, MS gods.

And, if so, hopefully Sunset Overdrive will be the next (even though the devs have stated the contrary, i can dream right?).

ekim

Well they literally say that they were told so at the event at Remedy which they participated. I think we can take that as a fact. Good news. :)

Hektor

Oh so Allan Wake pre-order bonus is only for Xbox One, not PC?

All Xbox One retail copys will include AlanWake, preorder will also include American Nightmare, according to the site.

Eventual PC preorder bonuses are still unknown apparently.

Vuze

I asked them about their source, but so far haven't received an answer.

Well, that's what the site is reporting.

A Pc version also appeard on a rating board a month or so ago.
Regarding source, I guess there's not really more they could add:
Das hat uns der Entwickler Remedy beim Anspiel-Event verraten.

Cool if true, I wish it would also be available on Steam but that probably won't happen. Looks like an interesting game.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Well they literally say that they were told so at the event at Remedy which they participated. I think we can take that as a fact. Good news. :)
Yeah, I just wasn't sure what to think cause no other side was reporting it ans that article is an hour old by now so I tried not to raise false hopes here.

Hektor

THEY JUST UPDATED THE NEWS!!!

They say there were told so by remedy on thepreview event

FUCK YES

Cool if true, I wish it would also be available on Steam but that probably won't happen. Looks like an interesting game.

That wasn't there before. ;)

ekim

They would be dumb not to release it on Steam. I hope they learned their lesson with GFWL and forcing users to use their own solution.

kadotsu

Banned
The article may also imply that it's a Windows Store or at least DX12 exclusive:

[...] PC-Spieler mit Windows 10 müssen diesmal also nicht erst eine gewisse Zeit abwarten, [...]

I hope that it will make its way to GoG/Steam some time in the future.

LostDonkey

Would be great if true. Is there any multiplayer aspects to it at all?
Or is it purely single player cause I'll just get it in PC if so.

Day one if true. I'm a little iffy on the game so far, not ready to buy an Xbox One for it, but if it comes to PC I'll be all over it.

PantsuJo

Well, here we go. The only interesting exclusive remained on One is Scalebound, it seems.

I can't buy a system for only one game: it's nonsense, imo. I'll play Quantum, ReCore and KI on my PC and bye bye One.

Top Bottom