• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Greenberg: Quantum Break is not coming to Steam

In a move that will not surprise absolutely anyone. They're doing the same with KI Season 3 on PC. And why would they want to support a direct competitor to their store? EA have been doing the same with their PC games and Origin for years now, works pretty well for them.

FuKuy

FAIL. Very bad decision, they are repeating the same mistakes they did with Games for Windows LIVE!

soultron

Banned
Do you need Windows 10 to access this store? I know it's a dumb question but I don't plan to upgrade from 8.1 even if Win10 is free.

Nokterian

And i am out thanks but no thanks seeing how bad tomb raider is working on the windows store it is like i thought it would be GFWL 2.0 electric boogaloo.

DocSeuss

If the Windows Store wasn't horrible (viewing your library is awkward/unintuitive, you can only pick what DRIVE to install software on, and not get more specific, etc), that might be fine, but it is horrible, so it is not fine.

Figured. Guess that Steam subdomain isn't gonna turn out to be much of anything.

I'm okay with the win 10 store, and I suspect most other people will be too, but they really should look into making it more PC hardcore friendly. Mods, SLI, 3rd party programs. That stuff.

Quantum Break coming to PC! Not on Steam?

Ron-Swanson-Says-Dont-Even-Care.gif

MS wants more people on PC to join Xbox Live and use the Windows store. No surprise if it happens not just for Quantum Break but for every Xbox One exclusive.

I actually don't mind. The only thing that sucks for me is lack of injection. However, I'd rather have their games on PC with crossbuy and play than not. I might have most of my titles on Steam, but I'm not all or nothing. If this is the sacrifice i have to make to play Xbox One games on PC, then so be it.

Oreoleo

Do you need Windows 10 to access this store? I know it's a dumb question but I don't plan to upgrade from 8.1 even if Win10 is free.

It requires DX12 which is Windows 10 exclusive.

Trying to force gamers onto W10 like they did with Halo2 and Vista.

Knurek

Oh well, good luck with that, Remedy.

They should also sell it on Uplay and Origin, just for an additional kick to the nuts

Can you shortcut it to steam though so you can use steams features?

You can't modify the game at all—you can't inject better antialiasing or use ReShade, and you can't add the game as a profile to RadeonPro or nVidia control panel (although for the latter case, the game does respect nVidia Control Panel's global profile).

You can't modify the game at all—you can't inject better antialiasing or use ReShade, and you can't add the game as a profile to RadeonPro or nVidia control panel (although for the latter case, the game does respect nVidia Control Panel's default profile).

Then good luck to them with that lol. I won't be buying anything off their store.

Well, if nothing else, it makes my decision to keep my discounted XB1 pre-order easier. I don't have a ton of faith in the Windows 10 store right now, just based on how the last Games for Windows Marketplace adventure went, let alone the apparent heavy restrictions on Win10 Store games.

They should also sell it on Uplay and Origin, just for an additional kick to the nuts

Honestly, even that would be better. Just anything that's not at the mercy of Microsoft's whims.

Mr Swine

Banned
I wouldn't mind if it was W10 store exclusive for like 3-6 months and then release it on Steam. But I guess that will never happen :/

Top Bottom