• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watched Grave of the Fireflies, tried to distract me with Brothers:A Tale of Two Sons

kabel

I'm feeling like shit GAF.

Finally watched Grave of the Fireflies because of all the recommendations here.
I felt very miserable and decided to distract myself with a game. I bought some indie games last christmas, one of them was Brothers:A Tale of Two Sons.

Looked like a lovely puzzle game.

God damn, I nearly started crying. I have a brother and while I was very touched by Grave of the Fireflies, that game hit very close to home.

Now I what I want from you: I need a game recommendation. A game that tells me everyting will be alright. Something heartwarming. I'm not trying out another one blindly...

kurahador

To The Moon will cheer you right up.

Serious recommendation; Tales from the Borderlands
tumblr_ntb05tlSCB1qjm1bzo3_540.gif

Moaradin

Oh boy Grave of the Fireflies...

Now that's the best movie I never want to watch again. I was a wreck after that movie.

Undertale is probably the most feel good game I've played in recent memory. Though there are definitely sections that got me a bit teary eyed.

kabel

Do you have any platform that has a Kirby game ?
Only PC at the moment. Want to buy a PS4 somewhen in 2016. One of the reasons is Journey!

Undertale. Short game but boy does it warm the heart.

This one is already on my list. Will play it next, heard only good things about it. Thanks!

The relationship between Lee and Clem in Walking Dead season 1 will perk you right up.

Finished that one one month ago ;_;

CengizMan

Damn OP, I am laughing out loud. Play Life is Strange next! That will definitely work
with making you even sadder.

Ladekabel

Tales from the Borderlands or Kid Icarus: Uprising

Played both this year. After Portal 2, the first two games that legitimately made me laugh.

Or give Minecraft a try. After a few movies and games being a downer I started with it and it grabbed me for a few weeks.

atbigelow

I sold a lot of copies of "Grave of Fireflies" when I worked in retail. Years later (and ago), I finally rented it from Netflix and watched it with my brother.

First five minutes of that movie and we both looked at each other. "Oh no, what have we done...?"

I don't need to watch it again.

kabel

I'm not sure about some of the comments here, might be trolls with sad games.

Anyhow, I think my next game will be Undertale. I heard somewhere you can choose to not fight NPCs so thats what I want. Hoping for a heartwarming story.

Thanks!

Tales From The Borderlands... Unless you want to suffer then finish Brothers.

I finished it. That's why I made this thread.

I'm not sure about some of the comments here, might be trolls with sad games.

I'm definitely not trolling with Ghost Trick. It has a really optimistic view of death, which is of course only temporary in the game as the point is constantly trying to change events that already happened.

But above all that, the ending is really goddamn heartwarming which is only elevated by the super upbeat soundtrack. After finishing the game, I was unashamedly happy for like a week straight.

It's one of the few story-driven games that can keep me smiling most of the way through.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Something happy? Hmmm Kirby Triple Deluxe.

Grave of the Fireflies is triumph of modern cinema btw.

Gravity Rush. Devil's Third. Solatorobo. Mega Man Legends. Persona 4. 90s charming 2D platformer (Sonic, Mario, Rayman, Ristar, Rocket Knight etc). Tim Schafer adventure games (Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle etc). Plenty to choose from.

EndMerit

As tempting as it would be to troll, Undertale is an excellent pick for feelgood game. On consoles, Persona 4 and Journey are good ones too.

That said, in the context of "feelbad games/movies", The Beginner's Guide has different type of feels, but I'd be interested in your opinion of it.

kabel

That said, in the context of "feelbad games/movies", The Beginner's Guide has different type of feels, but I'd be interested in your opinion of it.

Yes I played it. One of the indies I bought on christmas.
It felt very personal. So personal I felt uncomfortable at the end. It didn't make me sad or happy. I just thought about my life and how other people see me. And how I see them.

Did shed a tear but the movie was also not one of their finest. A lot of the scenes felt forced rather than developed on.

Life is Strange is a good "sad face" games

Top Bottom