• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division beta had over 6.4 million players, biggest New IP beta this gen

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Destiny was 4.6 million for comparison: http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/30/5951459/destiny-beta-total-players

Ubisoft said:
Today, The Division Beta ended with a major achievement: with more than 6.4 million players joining The Division, this beta is now the biggest beta ever for a new game brand on current generation platforms!

On average, players spent an average of 5 hours as activated sleeper agents journeying through The Division’s open world. With 2 average hours spent in the Dark Zone and almost 50% of players going rogue, you demonstrated your love for The Dark Zone, The Division’s unique and challenging player-versus-player environment. Fun fact: over 63 309 800 contaminated items were successfully extracted out of the Dark Zone.

We’re very grateful so many of you tried the game and started to take back New York City ahead of the game’s release on March 8th. Thanks so much to the millions who joined The Division’s Beta, we hope everyone enjoyed playing the game as much as we enjoy making it. See you early March in New York City, Agents!

- The Division Dev Team
Source: http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.co....aspx?c=tcm:154-239628-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

eizarus

Banned
I only got to play it yesterday, but wow, it felt so much better than the closed beta. Both inside the Dark Zone and out. (There were a lot more people behaving like asses this time round though).

Personally, I'm still stuck in the middle regarding getting the game or not. It's got so much potential, but I'm still worried that the PvE area will feel like a cheap addition to the Dark Zone. Then again, all those upgrades in the base have got to count towards something right?

Considering this game was announced almost 3 years ago, I didn't think there would be many people still interested in it.

Those are some crazy numbers.

At least 50% of players going rogue went rogue by accident

Yeah I had that happen to me. Me and my friend shooting a few NPC's and then another guy runs in front of my fire, we go rogue and everyone decides to murder us.

They need to fix how fast one turns rogue, cause at most I hit him with 3 bullets.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
There's like 35 million more consoles out there than when Destiny was in beta. Impressive nonetheless I suppose.

Wedzi

Banned
Wow, the difference between Division and Destiny is way bigger than I expected.

Same here. Especially since the Destiny beta was also available on PS3 and 360 at the time. Curious to see if PC really made that big of an impact.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm ready.

Playtime:

Closed Beta:
2016-02-0123_49_41-tofuksm.png

Open Beta:
2016-02-2218_16_30-tousklg.png

44360-do-you-miss-the-division-no-no.gif

Boke1879

I admittedly haven't been keeping up on this game so if anything I'll be going in blind. But the talk of this game has been pretty positive. I'm all for picking this up, but need a steady crew to run with.

I loved Destiny but my interest kinda waned on that.

Tovarisc

At least 50% of players going rogue went rogue by accident

It will get better once people start to pay attention to what they are doing. Facepalm was so real few times when some fresh level 8 ran right into my fire because he was so thirsty to score that killing blow on NPC, only to be exploded to death by taking my 6k DPS AR fire to face. When people start to pay attention accidental rogues will be a lot rarer, but griefers are still left who will run into your fire intentionally.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I wasn't interested in this game at all but played in the closed beta and now I'm considering it. Won't be pre ordering it or buying it soon after launch. Gonna wait for reviews and watch videos then maybe pick it up once the price has dropped a bit.

It was a great beta.

Agreed. I had a ton of fun. Not enough to sway me to jump in on day 1, but I'll be keeping close tabs on it to see how the rest of the content fleshes out and what kind of legs it has. It was definitely hitting all the right spots for me though.

No need at all to worry about that.

lol not worried as I'm sure it'll sell plenty, just the whole line of "biggest new IP beta" is eyeroll inducing, personally. Though given how Ubi is shifting the way they talk about their products towards "engagement", and away from things like "units sold", I can see why they would lean in hard to those numbers.

I am buying this on PC, since it's bundled with Nvidia cards it' not going to be that expensive. I didn't played the open beta to not burn myself out though.

Also worth noting every large scale Beta this gen has opened to huge sales numbers. BO3, Battlefront, Destiny, etc. This is probably a safe bet to latch your wagon onto for a huge debut from that metric alone.

What I love about this game is the fact you can matchmake with random people for missions and raids!! Meanwhile in Destiny you still can't. (Fuck that friends only BS or go through your stupid site to find a group).

IvanJ

Banned
Preordered long time ago, knew this game will be excellent. Glad to know it will sell great as well.
15 days to go, I'm hyped to the max.

Cyto

You do know this is an OPEN BETA right? People have been playing the game because it's a limited time free-to-play triple A game, I've read so many complaints and users cancelling their pre-orders.

Darkangel

I've been meaning to check this out, but I've been busy during both beta periods.

I like the concept behind Destiny, but I find the Tom Clancy universe more compelling.

Top Bottom