• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yomawari Night Alone (Horror) Announced for Vita Late 2016

SarusGray

yoma_hp_hero.jpg

Sauce: http://nisamerica.com/games/yomawari/

A young girl is walking her dog Poro around town at dusk when a tragic accident forces her to return home with only Poro's leash in hand. The girl's sister commands her to stay home while she goes out into the night to search for the dog. Time passes. Growing impatient, the girl decides to search for her missing sister and dog herself.

But when she steps foot outside, she realizes that this is not the same town. The darkness has made the town unfamiliar, and she appears to be utterly alone...save for the spirits that stalk her. The girl must hide from, outsmart, or outrun the hunting spirits while she searches for clues to find her loved ones.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li5YQxI_WQg

Screenshots:

SarusGray

There we go, confirmed at last.

Did the import threads ever produce any hands-on impressions?

yeah
Anyway, I finished the game tonight. Loved it. I like that there were a lot of random scary things that can happen around town and that there are a number of more meaningful scripted events as well. I also liked that there were a good variety of enemies and that many of them have unique ways of being dealt with.

Pretty damn good, 9/10. It's fairly short, though I feel like if you do everything in the game it's enough content to justify the price of a full game. It's probably ~4-6 hours long, 8-10 for a platinum. Oh, except for the trophy that's just "play the game for 50 hours."

Finally another top down horror game on a system I own. This is my jam. Been waiting for an NA announcement. Too bad about no exact release date but I will happily wait. Hopefully they do a physical version and this time on amazon and not limited since using their site is bad for me.

SarusGray

Yeah, I liked it a lot. It didn't quite make it into my top 10 for 2015 (though in retrospective it should have), but I still think about the game from time to time. Really good atmosphere and exploration.

thanks for your hands on impression, really looking forward to playing it!

Aw yes. I've been paranoid about not importing this for awhile now, and I hope NISA does another physical release for us like Firefly Diaries got.

I love being a turtle Vita announcements and localizations this year..

SarusGray

Aw yes. I've been paranoid about not importing this for awhile now, and I hope NISA does another physical release for us like Firefly Diaries got.

I love being a turtle Vita announcements and localizations this year..

Apparently there will be a very limited physical release and this was just announced today!

Alfredo

Looks really cool, and I'm on board for more Vita games! Never heard of it before, though. I guess I gotta look up impressions.

I like what they did with the logo.

I wonder if they're aiming for a release around Halloween? That's when it released in Japan last year.

semisonic

Banned
Oh man, I'm already on board!
Anybody know where I could listen to a bit of the OST? That trailer theme was absolutely amazing!

Awesome! I don't usually play survival horror games, but this might be one I'm willing to brave. There's justsomething about the story, setting and art style combine.

P.S - "Night Alone" is a great subtitle.

Ya after looking into how long the game takes to finish (5ish hours if you're thorough, there is however a 50hr trophy for the plat for some reason), the only real explanation as to why it's taking so long to release it, is that they're holding out for Halloween.

Awesome news. My friend lent me he Japanese copy and I played a bit, it's a very beautiful game and I enjoyed what I played of it. Will hold off until the English version now it's been announced.

I have to confess that the artwork emanates the same vibes as Yume Nikki. With VA-11 HALL-A nabbing a physical release along with this project, I might finally grab a Vita this coming year! The question still lingers over whether I should wait for another "white list" exploit for the PSTV as I don't travel too often for a portable device and, consequently, I like having these types of games on the big screen. Either way, I look forward to seeing the limited edition details once they're announced.

Top Bottom