• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Newly discovered "EJB" Menus found in arcade MK, MK II, and MK III

It's no secret that Ed Boon loved to lace his games with secrets and mystery, so it's really no surprise that a new secret has been discovered in MK, MK II, and MK III over 20 years after their initial release.

This video shows how to enter the menus from any of the arcade cabinets and what you can do inside of them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WK1Ec-KVVQ

You can enter these menus from any point in attract mode, and the method is nearly the same for all three games. You press P1 and P2 block buttons a certain number of times in rapid succession in order to get them.

MK (P1 Block, P2 Block, P1 Block, etc):
5, 10, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4

MK II:
5, 10, 2, 8, 2

MK III:
5, 10, 3, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4

Interesting to note, you can actually activate any of the "Ultimate Kombat Kode" effects in UMKIII using the EJB menu. You can unlock secret characters, play the Fatality exhibition, and even play the stupid hard Galaga game.

I wonder what as-yet undiscovered treasures MK Mythologies: Sub Zero contains...

but seriously it's interesting this took so long to be discovered

fernoca

Is one of the things that Boon and other devs lament this days.

Disc and patches are decrypted and everything is posted online.

And even if they aren't like Babalities in the 2011 game, they quickly make it to YouTube and everyone finds them out in a quick manner of time.

HF2014

Why were these made to be hidden? They look like dip switch menus.

Yop, its what im seeing. It was maybe a way to access dip switch without opening the cash coin , but im sure iv seen that before. I know because where i was working we wanted to know how many coin have been put in MK2 there and we were looking at a similar menu, if its not the same,

Why were these made to be hidden? They look like dip switch menus.

This has some different options than the standard operator menu. From the looks of things, you can access almost everything that the standard operator menu can, but things like "Hello" and "Character Endings" aren't part of the normal menu.

MMaRsu

Banned
Is one of the things that Boon and other devs lament this days.

Disc and patches are decrypted and everything is posted online.

And even if they aren't like Babalities in the 2011 game, they quickly make it to YouTube and everyone finds them out in a quick manner of time.

You can still hide stuff if done well, remember the secret room in arkham asylum?

Damn, that's cool. There's a lot of devs that still say nobodies found their games secrets. I think GTASA still has some secret that is it yet to be found?

Top Bottom