• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Several Dark Souls 3 boss names leaked from the soundtrack CD

Soriku

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/486qtr/spoiler_a_few_bosses/

As seen from the soundtrack CD. Not all of the bosses.

Iudex Gundyr

Volde, of the Frigid Valley

Curse-Rotted (Ridden?) Greatwood (seen in trailer)

Crystal Sages

Dragons of the Deep

Dancer of the Frigid Valley (seen in the network test)

Old Demon King

Ozroes(?), the Condemned King

Ancient Wyvern

Nameless King

Abyss Watchers

Yhorm, the Giant

Aldrich, Devourer of Gods

Lothric Elder Prince, Lothric Younger Prince

Soul of Cinder

X0zyeS0.jpg

Tingle

Ancient Wyvern better not be the Ancient Dragon fight minus the "attack the back feet" exploit.

"Wyvern" makes me think it is weaker than a dragon, so probably none of those shenanigans. That and I feel like the "Impossible" boss thing was probably an idea that will die in DS2, but who knows.

Tingle

I am really interested in what seems to be the final boss- Soul of Cinder. That sounds like it could basically be the idea people had of it being Gwyn/Solaire/DS1 Character/DS2 Character, but maybe just the essence of them?

BY2K

Membero Americo
I wonder if Soul of Cinder is a rematch with Lord of Cinder.

Devourer of Gods sounds freaking metal though.

roytheone

3 out of 15 names seem to hint at boss fights with multiple bosses. I don't really like those fights (and thought Dark souls II had way to many of them), so that's good!

Wait, Aldrich is also the "Saint of the Deep" isn't he?

Guessing the Dragons of the Deep are gonna be part of his "Lord Soul Trail" or whatever the DS3 equivalent is.

usp84

Well one month before the game releases in Japan and the spoilers show up. Imagine what it will be like when the game actually releases.

I won't t look at them noooo shiiiit

Hmmmm which boss sounds like the biggest puss and therfore the most likely that I'll get stuck on?

Probably the Greatwood. I'll get stuck fighting a tree.

Shredderi

Devourer of Gods is a super fucking imposing name. Didn't read the list though. Just wanted a taste, but not the whole meal just yet.

Hektor

I hope "Nameless King" won't have a name in the game at all, to stay true to that. You know, just descriptions reffering to him as HIM and no name above his HP gauge.

Also remember that boss themes get reused (Moonlight Butterfly and Gwyndolin shared a theme, for example) so there are probably a few more than what's listed here.

I wonder who the old demon king could be. My first thought was like, Smelter Demon and old Iron King but I hope it's someone/something totally new.
Edit:above
The leaker also didn't leak all the track's, just the ones they could read.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Fuck yeah another Dragonslayer hahaha. I fucking love Ornstein. They can copy/paste him forever. But goddamn at Devourer of Gods. That's intimidating as hell. Also they changed Frigid Valley to Boreal Valley.

Cruxist

Oh man. The hype intensifies. It's going to be so tough to not watch Japanese players or read spoilers before release...

Neiteio

Boss names is when the Souls hype gets real

I hope it's "curse-rotted" greatwood and not "curse-ridden," since that would be such a uniquely Souls way to describe a cursed tree

ElFly

Guys, if you are a christian, you devour gods every time you do the eucharist.

Maybe Dark Souls 3 is a christian game like super noah's ark.

DarkFlame

Banned
Ok so we got 15 bosses confirmed

Bloodborne had 17 bosses in vanilla(not counting chalices)

Demon Souls had 17 bosses I think

Dark Souls 1 vanilla had 22 bosses

Dark Souls 2 vanilla had 31 bosses

I wonder what the final number at DS3 would be. What do you guys think?

Ok so we got 15 bosses confirmed

Bloodborne had 17 bosses in vanilla(not counting chalices)

Demon Souls had 17 bosses I think

Dark Souls 1 vanilla had 22 bosses

Dark Souls 2 vanilla had 31 bosses

I wonder what the final number at DS3 would be. What do you guys think?

And the rest are unlockable through microtransactions.

Ridesh

Banned
Interesting piece of speculation

The flame has never had to defend itself or had reason to suspect that anyone would want it gone. It knows that EVERYONE wants the flame to keep burning or else they go through endless suffering through curses and hollowing. But as soon as these beings who are unaffected by the hollowing curse appear(unkindled), it pulls out all the stops. It has to defend itself against these beings who couldn't give a shit about keeping the flame around. That's why it goes out of its way to summon the most powerful beings ever existed(devourer of gods???) to defend it and once they're gone, musters up the last of it's strength to fight the player, probably failing. It's almost sad, really. I don't think anyone considered that the flame was a living being in its own right until now.

I'm also very, very interested in the Elder/Younger Lothric Princes. Sounds like a neat duo boss but i'm mostly interested because they're right before the Soul of Cinder and after Aldrich. It seems like the list goes down in order of importance so i truly think this boss may have some very, very interesting lore behind it.

Top Bottom