• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One/Xbox App March OS Update announced (360 BC store etc)

New Features in the Windows 10 Xbox App and Xbox One – The Xbox team discussed new updates arriving soon on Xbox One and also in the Xbox app in Windows 10, demoing some of the new features on a top-of-the-line Razer Razerblade 14-inch laptop:

Gamerscore Leaderboard in the Achievements section and Hero Stat Leaderboards in Game Hubs
See Avatars in your Activity Feed if you’ve chosen to replace your gamerpic with your Avatar
An updated “Featured” section spotlights games, deals, community events and more
16-person Party Chat is enabled across both Xbox One and the Windows 10 Xbox app
Xbox 360 achievements will automatically post to your Activity Feed
More interactive Game Hubs with web-linking
Compare your Avatar with your friends’ Avatars
Reputation interface changes, players with ‘good’ profiles will no longer feature a reputation gauge

http://news.xbox.com/2016/03/01/xbox-spring-showcase-recap/

One of the biggest additions to this update is the ability to purchase Xbox 360 games that have been enabled for backward compatibility with Xbox One in the Xbox One game store. Previously, players who wanted to buy an Xbox 360 game that worked with Xbox One had to do so either on the Xbox 360 itself or through a web browser. Now, a separate section of the Xbox One still will display, showing Xbox 360 games that are able to be run on Xbox One.

Since launch, saying “Xbox Record That” or hitting the “Record That” button on the system menu has recorded a game clip of a fixed length. That length is currently set at 30 seconds, but with the new update, players can specify how long they want Game DVR to record. The options available to players will be 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 45 seconds, 1 minute, 3 minutes, and 5 minutes. If players decide to record longer clips, they can still trim and edit the recorded gameplay to be the length they desire.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Awwww yeah

Backward%20Compatibility610.jpg

and finally, the last 15 seconds!

Game%20DVR%20Duration610.jpg

Alx

Nice set of features all around, especially the 360 marketplace. "Record that" customization is great, but I think 30s was already the sweet spot for default settings.
Now bring back Kinect gestures ! :mad:

hope that now that the 360 games can be bought on XB1 that that means that publishers will finally start to push for their games to come out on BC already. This trickle of games has been annoying as hell

16-person Party Chat is enabled across both Xbox One and the Windows 10 Xbox app

That is pretty sweet. What is also a good nod to think about is the ability to chat with people on the windows 10 xbox app while you're on the xbox one. I think they are going to push some 1st party games to be cross platform. I already can see the e3 headline for Halo Wars 2.

NICE

JaggedSac

Cool about the 360 store.

Cool about changing the recording length.

Cool for those that have 16 people to party chat with. Forever alone :(

One of the biggest additions to this update is the ability to purchase Xbox 360 games that have been enabled for backward compatibility with Xbox One in the Xbox One game store. Previously, players who wanted to buy an Xbox 360 game that worked with Xbox One had to do so either on the Xbox 360 itself or through a web browser. Now, a separate section of the Xbox One still will display, showing Xbox 360 games that are able to be run on Xbox One.

FINALLY.

Majine

Banned
I love how integrated BC is with the Xbox One side of things. Makes it a lot more enjoyable than simply a "360 Mode" which reboots the device, or something similar.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
I don't want more possibilities to buy stuff, I want more possibilities to order the stuff I have bought in folders.

Coxy100

Banned
All great stuff - although I wish we could record games for longer. I used to enjoy recording Destiny games of 15 mins (on the PS4) when I did really well so I could watch it later. 5 minutes isn't enough.

Kayant

This would be awesome back on X360 when my friends & I played a lot :(. Still an awesome additional.

DirectX 12 Showcase: Rise of the Tomb Raider, Ashes of the Singularity, King of Wushu – Square Enix, Snail, and Stardock showcased their latest DirectX 12 enhancements for Rise of the Tomb Raider, King of Wushu, and Ashes of the Singularity on Origin PCs, iBUYPOWER Revolt 2, and Maingear PCs. Ashes of the Singularity is taking advantage the DirectX 12 multi-adapter technology, allowing PCs to use multiple GPUs, even from different manufacturers. Rise of the Tomb Raider was playable for the first time at the Xbox Spring Showcase running DirectX 12.
New thread???

mike4001_

Any preview build coming soon? :eek:

The article says today.

so probably 6 pm.

.... But I would love to have the official annoucement of all the features and not just what one site wrote down. Also the news.xbox article is missing the xbox 360 games and build in achievements ....

Hesemonni

Banned
360 BC games being accessible from W10 Xbox app is a really cool feature as is quicker achievements. Much appreciated.

Top Bottom