• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox one controller and Uplay issue.

DoT2

So the xbox one controller on pc is having issues with uplay. After I quit a uplay game and turn off my controller the mouse gets really stuttery and the pc starts beeping. Only way to fix it is to hit the reset button.

This reddit thread is relevant:
https://m.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/48pae4/random_mouse_lagging_and_beeping/

I dont think there is currently a fix, uninstalling a windows update supposedly fixed the problem, but another more recent update caused it to happen again.

Has this happened to anybody else? Anyone on gaf know of a possible fix?

Sorry if this is old!!

Edit: I guess others are reporting this isn't a uplay only thing.

Light Hobo

Neo Member
Same problem here. Immediately happens once the xbox one wireless controller turns off. Just started after the latest windows update.

No idea of a fix.

I am finding the native support of DS4s on newer PC games to be very nice in the meantime...

This is an issue caused by the latest windows update, and isn't exclusive to uplay. I'm on mobile so I can't link you, but uninstall the latest update and it'll be fixed. Check out /r/windows on reddit and you'll find more threads about it too.

Light Hobo

Neo Member
Can confirm it's an issue with Uplay.

1. Turned on controller with Uplay off - played game on Steam - quit game and turned off controller. No beeping laggy mouse.

2. Started Uplay immediately after - turned on controller - played R6 Siege - quit game and turned off controller with Uplay still active . Mouse beeped when clicked with no registered click - hard PC reset.

3. Repeated step 1 to confirm result. Typing this post after controller turned off. No issues.

While I didn't play for an extended time (maybe not enough for a completely laggy beeping mouse) - Uplay is definitely a part of it.

Edit: Been playing games for the last 20 minutes and turned off controller with no problems.

Can confirm it's an issue with Uplay.

1. Turned on controller with Uplay off - played game on Steam - quit game and turned off controller. No beeping laggy mouse.

2. Started Uplay immediately after - turned on controller - played R6 Siege - quit game and turned off controller with Uplay still active . Mouse beeped when clicked with no registered click - hard PC reset.

3. Repeated step 1 to confirm result. Typing this post after controller turned off. No issues.

While I didn't play for an extended time (maybe not enough for a completely laggy beeping mouse) - Uplay is definitely a part of it.

Edit: Been playing games for the last 20 minutes and turned off controller with no problems.

It isn't exclusively a uplay issue, it's happening with other games. I had it happen with Gears of War: UE and with Steam games.

Light Hobo

Neo Member
It isn't exclusively a uplay issue, it's happening with other games. I had it happen with Gears of War: UE and with Steam games.

OK - good to know. Didn't test it too much since I have other controllers laying around. More than likely an issue with the windows update then.

blakdeth

I am experiencing this issue as well. Once with a cumulative Windows update from earlier in the week, and again this evening. Uninstalling the offending update solved the problem the first time. I haven't had a chance to look into the second occurrence. Is it possible the second occurrence was caused by the original update bring reinstalled by Windows? I thought I had hidden the update to prevent future reinstalls, but now I'm not so sure.

gypsygib

Same issue, happened after the latest W10 update.

Also, my controller won't pair randomly. I have to unplug the wireless adapter and plug it in on a daily basis.

Spinifex

I'm also having this issue, still persists after uninstalling KB3140743

Driving me up the wall. I use an Xbone Controller a LOT on my PC.

Edit: Apparently a NEWER update, KB3140768, also causes this problem.

Edit 2: Confirmed, removing KB3140768 fixes the problem. That's 2 different updates that cause this problem.

beeswax

Shit, I've been having this issue for days but been too tired/busy to try and troubleshoot! I can't believe there's no fix yet from Microsoft and that a newer update causes the same issue.

Don't I remember that there was another thread recently saying a new update was out that meant Xbox controllers would work with a bunch of games that they never used to? Load of Japanese games I think. Sounds related?

beeswax

Someone on Reddit posted a temporary fix until Microsoft pull their fingers out: Reddit fix

It's a simple case of installing the previous driver for the Xbox One controller. Haven't tried to replicate the problem since downgrading the driver but I've no reasonto believe it isn't going to work.

Sky87

This scared the crap out of me first time it happened. Had my headphones lying on my PC case when it happened, so i initially thought it was my HDD crapping out as i heard faint noises every time i moved my mouse.

I've just stopped using my controller until they've fixed it. Not exclusive to anything really, as it happened to me while browsing the internet and unplugging my controller, some time after playing Elder Scrolls Online.

yep...had the issue with the other update and now this new update..uninstalled (again) and blocked the update (again) to fix the problem

maybe they'll get it right on try #3

Demo85

Banned
This had me chasing around bugs on my PC for weeks. I made a memcheck boot disc to check my ram, ran SSD Life to see if it was my storage. Reinstalled win 10 like 10 times. Just to finally find this thread.

I'm a little mad right now

Top Bottom