• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV March Update Details (Challenge Mode, Shop, Rematch, 8p Lounge, and more)

ethomaz

Banned
I guess that deserves it own discussion thread :p

Alex will be added but the most important part about the update are below.

- Challenge Mode
- - Demonstrations: Learn the ins and outs of Street Fighter Vthrough helpful demonstration and tutorial content. Contains content for each of the 16 characters, as well as advice geared towards players of all skill levels:
- - - Beginner Tutorials: 12 lessons covering, movement, normal attacks, special attacks, V-System, throws, counter hits, chip/recoverable damage, etc.
- - - Intermediate Tutorials: 11 lessons covering projectiles, invincibility frames, armor and armor break, recovery, cross-up attacks, anti-air options, etc.
- - - Advanced Tutorials: 4 lessons covering back dashing, frame advantage/disadvantage, combo potential, button priority, etc.
- - - Character Tutorials: 16 lessons covering each individual character.
- - Trials: Put your skills to the ultimate test with combo trials for all 16 characters, ranging from basic to pro combos. Completing Trials will also earn you some extra Fight Money.

- In-Game Shop
- - Fight Money Expenditure: Spend your hard earned Fight Money to purchase extra game content, such as DLC characters and the Story Mode Costumes.

- Online Rematch Option
- - Salty from a close loss online? Want revenge? Players can now play a 2/3 set in Ranked Match, provided both players accept the rematch.

- Battle Lounge Improvements
- - Enjoy up to 8 person lobbies, complete with match spectating.

In addition to all of this new content, the following bugs will be fixed in the update:

- Bug: Sometimes you don’t get EXP from casual matches
- Bug: On a rare occurrence, if you restart the game after you unlock colors, the colors you unlocked will disappear

There are a few gameplay related bug fixes and balance changes as well:

- Vega:
- - If you hit V-Trigger Bloody Kiss (anti-air) in certain situations, Vega will no longer continue to rise off the top of the screen.

- M. Bison:
- - If M. Bison is interrupted by an opponent’s V-Trigger or Critical Art during his invisible frames of Double Knee Press in V-Trigger mode, M. Bison will no longer remain invisible until his next move.

- Rashid:
- - Rashid will no longer float in the air for a moment if you perform his V-Trigger after he touches the ground upon a missed Eagle Spike.

- Chun-Li:
- - During V-Trigger activation, the hit stop and block stop has been made the same for multi-hitting moves (medium or heavy attacks for both normal and special moves).
- - - She was previously able to perform option selects involving standing HP into Houyokusen, so this has been removed.

- Vertical and Back Jump Frames:
- - All characters except Birdie and Zangief: Vertical jump and back jump frames have changed from 3f->4f.
- - Birdie: Vertical jump and back jump frames have changed from 4f->5f.
- - Zangief: No changes to jump frames.
- - - These changes reduce the effectiveness of throw tech option selects involving jumping (also known as “jump grab”). Changing forward jump frames would affect the game balance too much so those remain unchanged.

- Throw Escape Change:
- - If you push buttons during the normal throw delayed tech window you are unable to escape throws for 2 frames.
- - - Prevents using light attacks to option select with throw escapes.
- - If you execute specific special moves during the normal throw delayed tech window you are unable to immediately escape throws. Each characters V-skills, V-triggers, V-reversals, critical arts, and moves have been set individually.
- - - Prevents throw escape option selects involving specific moves such as Shoryuken, etc.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/03/10/new-character-alex-and-sfv-update-details

Elios83

Excellent news. Now besides the full story mode in June they need to add vs CPU and arcade mode.
I wonder if they're also considering new stages.

pizzacat

Banned
That jump frame thing interests me but I don't seem to understand it? Would something like the after effect of Lauras EX Bolt be affected so instead of causing a reset with mk the combo just continues?

In my opinion, best of 3 should be mandatory in Ranked play. Or at least add a search filter for players who want to do mandatory Bo3s.

The trial mode should be cool, as well as the tutorials to help people who want to git gud (I am one of those people). Can't wait for Alex!

farisr

Really weird how the demonstrations/tutorials/trials are only for the launch 16 characters,
Excellent news. Now besides the full story mode in June they need to add vs CPU and arcade mode.
I wonder if they're also considering new stages.
Yeah, they need to talk about arcade and vs cpu.

Also, for stages, if not compeletely new, unlock the side sections of the ones seemingly designed for stage transitions, and have them (and the others with varying times of day/story mode alternates) be selectable.

I love the idea of 2 out of 3 but I don't mind it being an option. Getting locked into a slideshow 2 out of 3 would just piss me off.

The challenges they laid out didn't seem to cover daily challenges, so I hope they are still coming with this one.

Frimaire

Huh, I wonder if the Daily challenges are included in the Challenge mode, or if they got pushed back to another update...

Palocca

What does jump frame imply?

Nice update!

That jump frame thing interests me but I don't seem to understand it? Would something like the after effect of Lauras EX Bolt be affected so instead of causing a reset with mk the combo just continues?

The jump will be longer now... 3 foots to 4 foots for all chars except Birdie (5 foots) and Zangief (I don´t know the previous one).

That is what I got.

Actually, I believe it means that all neutral and back jumps with the exception for Birdie and Zangief will take 4 frames to be considered airborne. This means that a move that takes 3 frames to become active (like a jab), will beat a person's jump attempt, keeping them on the ground.

Shin-chan

Has there been any indication of whether the pre order content is included in the season pass? I'm wondering whether I should use my FM on it or if I should wait for a discount on the season pass instead.

ethomaz

Banned
Actually, I believe it means that all neutral and back jumps with the exception for Birdie and Zangief will take 4 frames to be considered airborne. This means that a move that takes 3 frames to become active (like a jab), will beat a person's jump attempt, keeping them on the ground.
Nice I didn´t know that... I will edit my post.

Has there been any indication of whether the pre order content is included in the season pass? I'm wondering whether I should use my FM on it or if I should wait for a discount on the season pass instead.

Season pass gets you the new characters and the new characters' premium costumes.

The pre-order costumes (Ryu, Chun. Cammy, Bison) are just that, pre-order content. It'll probably be in the store eventually for real money. The story mode costumes, on the other hand, will be earnable with fight money.

Premium costumes = Real Money ("Zenny")
Story costumes = Fight Money

mollipen

I hope the profile bug gets fixed. It's only been a few days so far for me, but I'm already tired of being a level 0 Ryu. :(

Yep, all of this should have been there at launch. Especially the challenge mode stuff.

If they delayed the game, we wouldn't have had the amazing past 4 weeks of tournaments (Winter Brawl was awesome, Cannes Winter Clash was awesome, WNF and NLBC have been awesome), or the upcoming Final Round tourney which promises to be absolutely stellar, or NCR which also promises to be absolutely stellar.

Final Round in particular is always a HUGE event for Street Fighter, and having SF5 miss out on that would have been brutal.

Obviously, Capcom has paid for it in terms of the casual fanbase, but they're clearly planning on winning some of those casuals back through year round exposure and updates like this one.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Not mentioning the profile bug where you randomly get logged in as someone else is kinda scary if they're still launching the store with that happening.

KAL2006

Banned
So it seems Daily Challenges and Extra Battle Mode are not included I guess those are delayed for the April patch to be included with the 2nd DLC character.

Ame

I Iike everything that's in this patch, but there's something missing. Weren't they gonna implement something for rage quitters?

milkham

I Iike everything that's in this patch, but there's something missing. Weren't they gonna implement something for rage quitters?

I suppose that can be done server side, didn't they knock one of the top ranked players down to bronze league for being a disconnecter?

Ame

I suppose that can be done server side, didn't they knock one of the top ranked players down to bronze league for being a disconnecter?

Yeah, dude was something like a Ultra Gold or Platinum and got knocked down to Bronze (675LP).

Xav

So this game has been out for like a month and only now they're adding in the rest of the tutorials?

Versus CPU and arcade mode still nowhere to be found? Just tweak survival mode and that's it, job done.

Is this some kind of fucking joke?

Onemic

Why they couldnt just delay the game and release it with this update as well as the story and challenge mode updates, I have no idea

mugwhump

Are they gonna fix training mode not remembering your settings? Because it's really annoying getting a match in training mode, then coming back to find your settings reset.

Huh, I wonder if the Daily challenges are included in the Challenge mode, or if they got pushed back to another update...

That would be upsetting, as it's gonna be the big way to earn FM going forward.

Top Bottom