• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Deformed Gamescast- by GAFers, for Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, hey guys. This is actually the first thread I've ever created. Huh.

Well, after speaking with a mod to make sure it's ok (apparently it is), I wanted to start a thread about a gaming podcast myself and some other GAF peeps have been doing since last August. Other than myself, the guys involved are Antitrop, Bananafactory, Flunkie, Gasb0705 and DocSeuss. Alcoholikaust is our chat moderator. We have one non-GAFer who is currently awaiting account activation. We've had some pretty well-known guys on board with us.....shinobi602 recently did his very first podcast ever with us, and ZhugeEX comes on once a month to give a sweet NPD rundown. So, you may be wondering......

Why should you listen to us?
Because a lot of podcasts that focus on one console or another spend 99% of their time bitching about the opposing console. We don't. There's no fanboyism on our show. We make an effort to provide true objectivity in gaming opinions, somethign that is SORELY lacking these days......there's a lot of negative portrayal in the representation of the gaming community; we're trying to counter those voices. We love all gaming platforms, and all are represented equally here. We each have our own personal favorites, but not one of us is afraid to criticize it. We TALK about games. We don't cry about them. And we LOVE engaging our audience.

Is there a patreon for this?
Nope. We do this for fun, not profit. We actually sometimes give away games or store credit at our own personal cost. Why? You're taking time out to hang with us, and we want to say thanks. Simple as that.

How well known are you?
Not very, but we're hoping to change that. We get almost universally positive feedback, and we've developed a core audience that tunes in and engages in the live chat every week. Our episode with shinobi602 just got us our very first video with over 1,000 views. I like to think we're a lot of fun to hang with, and I'm sure you will too.

Are you on any other podcasts?
Yes. In an effort to try and promote us, I make appearances on brokengamesHD's monthly Gaming Podcast Assembly, The Basement Radio Podcast, The Throwdown podcast, and the Original NLG Podcast. I don't necessarily agree with any of them 100%, but I consider them all friends.

When and where can I check you guys out?
Our main YT channel is located at: www.youtube.com/superdeformedgamescast, and we go live every Thursday at 8pm EST.

You can find our respective twitter handles below:

Myself: @mistermegative
Antitrop: @antitrop
Bananafactory: @jeffmeier87
Flunkie: @Flunkie
Gasb0705: @gabriel1ashley
DocSeuss: @ForgetAmnesia
Alcoholikaust: @alcoholikaust
Steve (not activated): @sdgc_steve

Again, this is simply to let you guys know we're out there, and we really want you to come talk about games with us! So hopefully you'll check us out, and maybe even throw us a sub on YT......it would be greatly appreciated :)

I am also a moderator for the Chat stream and make gifs for hype:

0qRKy2b.gif

LFqmOfi.gif

z0zisUT.gif

Ipwl7mg.gif

Putty

Can you rearrange the time so I can listen in the UK? Just me, no one else. f**k your American listeners...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I've been listening to the show more and more lately now that my work schedule has made it easier to watch live. Great group and really enjoyable, level headed chat.

Putty

I can also confirm a jingle of sorts will be provided by my good self at some point in the next 5 years. I'm doing it for free as all of the involved people in the podcast are in fact...homeless.

I can also confirm a jingle of sorts will be provided by my good self at some point in the next 5 years. I'm doing it for free as all of the involved people in the podcast are in fact...homeless.

I resent the term homeless.

I prefer residence-impaired

Hoje0308

Banned
Bananahammock prefers to be called HD Jeff whenever his duties on the show are being discussed. He's just being nice about it now, because...well, he's Canadian.

Banned
The show is good. I enjoy it. Less cynicism and negativity. More positivity. Needs more Canadian content. I'm coming to help you, Jeff.

Timeaisis

I've been watching for a month or two, iirc drunk cat introduced me to it, but I can't recall. It was def Twitter-GAF, regardless. You guys have a good chemistry and it's a fun listen. I enjoy the GAF guests, too.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I like watching/listening to them.

You want to be more like me right? You know what to do.

Banned
Jeff brings that sweet Canadian maple syrup to balance the saltiness of the Americans on the podcast.

Banned
I'm starting to think they're only as nice as they are because they're worried about upsetting the well armed, petulant child to the south.
We're biding our time building robots that are worth a 1000 soldiers each. We sold our oil to fund it.
Hey.

I'm not THAT well-armed.
You're armed enough to take on a small nation.

But back on topic, your podcast doesn't have any Nintendo fans or players does it? Seems very XB1/PS4/PC focused.

We're biding our time building robots that are worth a 1000 soldiers each. We sold our oil to fund it.

You're armed enough to take on a small nation.

But back on topic, your podcast doesn't have any Nintendo fans or players does it? Seems very XB1/PS4/PC focused.

We're fans of everything and a few of us own Wii U's. But until we know more about NX, there's really not much to talk about these days.

Banned
We're fans of everything and a few of us own Wii U's. But until we know more about NX, there's really not much to talk about these days.
We got lots of stuff to talk about. Like nx rumours, 3DS games, the three Wii U games coming out this year and Reggie's sex life.

Yeah. I have a WiiU and 3DS but it just seems like there's never any Nintendo news to discuss. ZeldaU is coming out at some point and the NX doesn't even officially exist yet. Thats pretty much it?

If there's Ninty stuff we should bring up people should definitely feel free to mention it and we can add it to the agenda

MikeDip

I like that this is Thursdays because it adds something nice to a bad day

MikeDip

So my last post said I was happy they do this Thursday. But today I am happy they did it Friday this week because they are live right now you should check it out

Also Jason Schreier is there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom