• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S2 |OT2| Jays of Future Past - Tuesdays 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xemnas89

So should we expect a huge budget cut for this show going into season 3? Arrow got a big one going into season 3 but I wonder if flash being the highest rated show on the network gets it some perks that Arrow didn't. They really seem to make the most of what they have on the flash but even if it doesn't happen next season it's bound to get a big budget cut at some point.

Tabby

So should we expect a huge budget cut for this show going into season 3? Arrow got a big one going into season 3 but I wonder if flash being the highest rated show on the network gets it some perks that Arrow didn't. They really seem to make the most of what they have on the flash but even if it doesn't happen next season it's bound to get a big budget cut at some point.

I'd imagine so. Having Supergirl on the CW now doesn't help the budget either.

The CGI models already look greasy enough.

Platy

The Flash S3 |OT| Season 1, part 2

The Flash S3 |OT| The Point S3

The Flash S3 |OT| Crisis on Finite Earth

The Flash S3 |OT| Mirror Mirror on the Wall...

The Flash S3 |OT| New 52 CW DC shows

The Flash S3 |OT| What is the Flashpoint of all of this ?

It's going to be interesting to look at this show when it's over 10 years from now and see how poorly the VFX has aged.

Someone already suggested "Crisis on Infinite Vancouvers" right?

The Flash S3 |OT| Character development? Some would say it's the reverse.

oBOsgGC.gif

I thought that was a cool way to end the season. People may be upset over Barry's actions, but I actually thought they made sense and felt believable for his character - and I'm not talking about his naïveté/stupidity/whatever you want to call it, I'm talking about the last few episodes which progressively broke him down.

I sincerely doubt they'll reboot the show or change things too much. That would be bad TV. I'm thinking they'll pull something along the lines of Fringe, where,
on Season 4, they explore a timeline without an adult Peter Bishop, before reintroducing him and slowly going back to the way things were

As for OT suggestions, I confess I didn't read them all, but I think this would work nicely:

The Flash S3 |OT| The Flash S1

ZeroX03

Banned
The Vancouvers one should be for Supergirl. It's the show that actually needs Crisis and has the publicized move to
Vancouver.

Joni

Usually happens between Season 1 and Season 2 as well. It is often noticeable in the amount of outside locations. People keep infiltrating the base for both teams so they don't need to go out and pay for another place.

The Vancouvers one should be for Supergirl. It's the show that actually needs Crisis and has the publicized move to
Vancouver.

That show has a way better tagline given to us in the first season.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Should keep them all Vancouver themed

The Flash S3 |OT| Crisis on Infinite Vancouvers (taken from PHOENIXZERO)
Arrow S5 |OT|
Supergirl S2 |OT| The S stands for Vancouver
Legends of Tomorrow S2 |OT|
Gotham S3 |OT| Not filming in Vancouver (taken from Oddduck in the Gotham thread)

Joni

Could have used a bit more blue/lighter black. The costume never seemed complete black in the show.
I'm also wondering what in hell is number 350 as that one is missing?

I've been wondering for a while now where Zoom got the idea for the suit from. It's basically the Earth-1 suit in black, with a great looking mask and some pointy fingers and other little details.

Now that we've seen Jay's terrible, terrible suit (seriously, what's up with the Power Rangers-quality Flash symbol?), he obviously couldn't have gotten it from him.

I guess the easiest answer would be Reverb, who also happens to be a genius inventor, but that seems kinda lazy.

ZeroX03

Banned
I've been wondering for a while now where Zoom got the idea for the suit from. It's basically the Earth-1 suit in black, with a great looking mask and some pointy fingers and other little details.

Now that we've seen Jay's terrible, terrible suit (seriously, what's up with the Power Rangers-quality Flash symbol?), he obviously couldn't have gotten it from him.

I guess the easiest answer would be Reverb, who also happens to be a genius inventor, but that seems kinda lazy.

Reverb was spying on Earth-1 for quite a while, could've easily stolen Barry's design.

Jay's outfit being a hybrid 52 design without the awful helmet was a weird choice. Hunter's Jay outfit was fine.

Reverb was spying on Earth-1 for quite a while, could've easily stolen Barry's design.

Jay's outfit being a hybrid 52 design without the awful helmet was a weird choice. Hunter's Jay outfit was fine.

That's what I said, but it's not really satisfying, because we've never seen Reverb being like Cisco in that regard.

I really, really wish they had put JWS into the first, classic Jay outfit. Which brings me to the point again, where did he get the design and suit from?

j8V586x.jpg

That looks miles better than the kindergarten drawing suit we got on JWS.

PcCSuoN.jpg

And excuse me for focusing on the costumes a little, but I've been listening to "Fixing the Hobo Suit" again and it made me think of it a little more.

ZeroX03

Banned
That's what I said, but it's not really satisfying, because we've never seen Reverb being like Cisco in that regard.

Zoom knew plenty about Barry from the beginning. The answer is he was constantly spying through a variety of means, primarily Reverb while in Earth-2.

I mean who cares if it's satisfying really, you're the first person who asked this question. As far as Zoom goes there's plenty of stupider things.

Joni

Zoom knew plenty about Barry from the beginning. The answer is he was constantly spying through a variety of means, primarily Reverb while in Earth-2.

I mean who cares if it's satisfying really, you're the first person who asked this question. As far as Zoom goes there's plenty of stupider things.
Indeed, he had the means, they just wanted to keep Reverb secret so they couldn't show him.

AlStrong

I really, really wish they had put JWS into the first, classic Jay outfit. Which brings me to the point again, where did he get the design and suit from?

Speedforce.

"You aren't so different, you and I."

/tsssss.......

That looks miles better than the kindergarten drawing suit we got on JWS.

And excuse me for focusing on the costumes a little, but I've been listening to "Fixing the Hobo Suit" again and it made me think of it a little more.
The first suit is a pretty basic design, so designing it wouldn't be too hard.

Barry in the comics learned how to create a building within seconds of fast reading, I doubt it's a stretch Zoom learned how to make a costume.

Cisco before the powers thing made Barry's suit for firefighters so his earth-2 counterpart having similar skills seems to be the explanation.

Again, I was listening to the podcast episode I linked at the end of my post (which is great and only 20 minutes long). They talk about superhero costumes and their evolution in film, interview a couple of costume designers (Raimi's Spider-Man, Man of Steel, Wonder Woman, Batfleck) and explain their thought process and what has changed over the years.

I know it's not like I'm questioning something super essential and demand an entire episode on the origin of Zoom's suit (after all, this isn't Daredevil). I've just been wondering about that stuff for a while and thought it would be fun to bring it up, after listening to the episode again. I guess I'll have to wait for the DVD extras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom