• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First English Romancing SaGa 2 Trailer Released

hitsugi

Probably the best revision I have seen thus far out of Square. I have only played SaGa Frontier (which I loved, but didn't seem to do very well?) but I'm looking forward to giving this a shot.

Dremark

Banned
Would be nice if they at least tell us the price. Regardless I'm just happy we're finally getting it.

Probably the best revision I have seen thus far out of Square. I have only played SaGa Frontier (which I loved, but didn't seem to do very well?) but I'm looking forward to giving this a shot.

It did well enough in Japan it got a bargain release iirc. It did well enough in the US it's sequel got localized.

Critics panned it though, they didn't seem to be able to make heads or tails out of the game because it wasn't Final Fantasy, I knew lot of people who wouldn't play it based off that. It still seemed to overcome that and do at least decently though.

The thing about the SaGa games is that they can be a bit obtuse in explaining their mechanics and they punish players somewhat for playing in a more conventional way. The scenario design also has more in common with Western RPGs than most linear storyline driven games of the same era, which can be frustrating.

If they've re-balanced the pseudo randomness of attribute gains and skill learning it'll make the game more accessible like FF2 GBA. The world system, which is a hidden system wherein the number of battles won adjusts side quest availability could also be explained/tweaked. And maybe just generally making it easier to avoid combat.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
So excited for this! The question now would be whether to get for my phone or my ipad. Android is usually cheaper for me it seems.

I hope there's no selective "region locks" and that they sell this in all regions.

"Your Majesty, we have grew the tree in Avalon!"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

emot-v.gif

Still looking forward to this release, though. It's always good to see Square's backlog of older stuff get official English releases at last.

duckroll

"Your Majesty, we have grew the tree in Avalon!"

How do you know the attendant in the scene isn't a new character who has a sad backstory of being poorly educated but given a chance by the player to become a royal gardener? There could be deep lore behind the language choice which reflects the hard effort put in by the localization team!

lol

Square2015

It looks amazing. I bought and beat RS3 (SNES repro) and it became one of my favorite games ever, I can't wait to finally play RS2 in English.

My hope is the music will be the original SNES/SFC, not remixed. #romasaga2

Everything I'm seeing, including the website, suggests that this is the case. I'm very excited for this, even though it's just one more game to add into my already packed list. I've shaved away some phone games though so hopefully that should help.

Top Bottom