• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone ever been to the mysterious Disney "Club 33"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxcriden

Via wiki:

Club 33 is a private club located in the heart of the New Orleans Square section of Disneyland. Originally maintained as a secret feature of the theme park, the entrance of the club was formerly located next to the Blue Bayou Restaurant at "33 Royal Street" with the entrance recognizable by an ornate address plate with the number 33 engraved on it. Following a major remodel in 2014, the entrance was relocated to the intersection of Royal Street and Orleans Street in New Orleans Square opposite the La Mascarade d'Orleans shop [1]

Club 33 members and their guests have exclusive access to resort experiences which varies depending on type of membership. In addition to Club 33 restaurant, access may also include Le Salon Nouveau, a jazz lounge within New Orleans Square and 1901, a lounge in Disney California Adventure both of which are not open to the public. In addition to an ever evolving selection of fine wines and highly allocated spirits, Club 33's bar, found within the Members only Jazz lounge, mixes culinary inspired fragrant and delightful aperitif's. Club 33 is the only location within Disneyland Park to offer alcoholic beverages, although the park has a park-wide liquor license and has set up bars for private events—and alcohol is served at several locations within Disney California Adventure (DCA). However, DCA is a separate amusement park with its own admission turnstiles, so the tradition remains that alcohol is not available within Disneyland Park itself during normal operating hours.

Members and their guests that dine within Club 33 restaurant and Le Salon Nouveau enjoy seasonally inspired cuisine served in an elegant but personal fashion. Club 33 Members designate themselves and/or others to receive Premier Passports valid for Disneyland and Walt Disney World. In addition, their Club 33 membership card grants them access to early park admission, as long as they and their (up to three) accompanying guests have an accompanying annual pass or valid day ticket. Members are entitled to complimentary valet parking at the Disneyland Resort Hotels and access to many private and exclusive events held within the Club 33 restaurant and Le Salon Nouveau, throughout the Disneyland Resort and a select number of experiences in destinations outside of Disneyland].

More here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_33

You can read visitor reviews here:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g29092-d341615-Reviews-Club_33-Anaheim_California.html

I've had a bit of a fascination with this place since first hearing about it maybe a couple years ago. I guess there's one in Tokyo also but not in Orlando. Anyone ever been or know anyone who has?

BTW, there's also a fansite to check out here: http://www.disneylandclub33.com

I know a few people who've been (their companies have corporate passes). They mostly say it's good but not actually better than Napa Rose.

Disneyland actually has an even more exclusive part called Dream Suite.

EDIT: I'd love to go.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
For the amount of money it costs to join and the yearly fees and how exclusive or is to get in I'd expect something more than w fancy restaurant with a bunch of memorabilia on the walls.

Metalmarc

Spooky i just litterally finished watching a video review of a youtuber, who went $105 for a meal tho yikes, or was it $150, looked very posh

border

It's vaguely interesting that a tourist destination for obnoxious American families would have much interest in running a members-only VIP lounge for high rollers. You don't really think of Disneyland as a place where high rollers really want to hang out......at least not regularly enough to support a full-on restaurant and bar.

I'm going to hazard a guess that it's a decent-to-good restaurant that only has a weird aura of mystery due to its peculiar location and members-only status.

A Co-worker has gone, he has a friend that is a member, he said the food is pretty good and it's kinda cool how you get in. He said he'd let me know the next time his friend is in town and maybe I can go with him.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Isn't that the club that charges over $40 thousand in initiation fees?

No I have not been in it :(

Pretty sue there's been video game events there. I think Nintendo threw a press junket there once. It's really not that mysterious for people in L.A., but virtually unknown to tourists.

Seigyoku

Yep, went once, pre-renovations that sent people into fits. Awesome friend knew someone got our group in. Should have taken more pictures of the bathroom.

I do so love that the waitlist is INSANE (true), though with the move to Platinum members (waaaaaay more expensive), and the renovations expanding it, they clearly were able to move some people off it. But we're still talking years before they even tell you how much money. And the list was closed for years.

AND YET - as my waiter pointed out during our tour (and this was in like 2008), ScarJo is a member. And I laughed quietly, because no way did she wait on a multi-year list!

It's vaguely interesting that a tourist destination for obnoxious American families would have much interest in running a members-only VIP lounge for high rollers. You don't really think of Disneyland as a place where high rollers really want to hang out......at least not regularly enough to support a full-on restaurant and bar.

I'm going to hazard a guess that it's a decent-to-good restaurant that only has a weird aura of mystery due to its peculiar location and members-only status.

Hey buddy, I was just there last week and heard just as many British and Australian tourists as American.

mclem

IIRC it's not as exclusive as it once was, I've seen official things that acknowledge its existence. It's still presented as a secretive thing, but in a bit of a nudge-nudge-wink-wink sort of way.

dream

Seigyoku's avatar just reminded me that one of my courses was duck confit, and I was very upset that Donald didn't come out and scream, "hey, what's the big idea?"

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Via wiki:

More here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_33

You can read visitor reviews here:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g29092-d341615-Reviews-Club_33-Anaheim_California.html

I've had a bit of a fascination with this place since first hearing about it maybe a couple years ago. I guess there's one in Tokyo also but not in Orlando. Anyone ever been or know anyone who has?

BTW, there's also a fansite to check out here: http://www.disneylandclub33.com

Orlando never had one because they sold booze. In the olden days Disneyland was dry. Thank god for progress.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I worked with a guy who was an Imagineer. He got me and a couple friends in once. I don't really remember much other than the whole experience being pretty surreal.

Went once as a kid, though I don't really remember much about it besides wolfing down on some delightfully-rich chocolate mousse cake, as well as the fact that all of the drink glasses had mouse-head-shaped tops. Also, the lobby elevator was old-timey.

finalflame

Gold Member
Has anyone been and also been to 3 Michelin star restaurants? I've been to the likes of Manresa, French Laundry, and Saison, but don't have the access required to get a seat at 33, and have always wondered how it compares.

I think it's truly about the exclusivity more than the food. At least that is how it seems.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Inside Disneyland proper is still dry, you have to cross over to California Adventure or step out to Downtown Disney for a drink.

Trust me, I'm aware. Downtown Disney is a godsend. The Mexican restaurant is actually good (as is the tequila tasting room in Epcot center).

I hate going to Disney and would probably commit seppuku otherwise.

Isn't it? It seems exceptionally difficult to become a member. I imagine knowing someone on the inside helps significantly.

It's been a long while since I actively tried to become a member, but I believe the process was writing a letter to them. On top of that, there was huge entry fee and, of course, the yearly membership fee.

This was about 10 years ago when I really wanted to join, but realized my money could be better spent somewhere else. I'll save this splurge for retirement

CFMOORE!

I went back in 2010, was a neat experience. Disliked how normal everyone else dining there made it seem. Very touristy looking people in polos and shorts while my party wore suits.

Food was good. It was fun being outside on a little patio above the French quarter looking down at people and having them gaze up wondering how we were up there

I went back in 2010, was a neat experience. Disliked how normal everyone else dining there made it seem. Very touristy looking people in polos and shorts while my party wore suits.

Food was good. It was fun being outside on a little patio above the French quarter looking down at people and having them gaze up wondering how we were up there

Yeah, going out on the patio was pretty cool. And using the intercom buzzer to get in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom