• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR potentially releasing on the 12th of October in Germany?

Pophead

Originally posted in the GT Sport thread

Found this image from a third party German website 'psinside',:
Gran-Turismo-Sport-PlayStation-VR-Release-1.jpg

GAF user salromano also had a look at the website that was shown in the photo (photo is of a German PlayStation press site 'playstationfriends.de'), posts the following:
Checked it myself and it's there. Included No Man's Sky for reference it's out in June and thus lists the date as 22.06.2016, so the GT one is definitely October 12.

rJylUqc.jpg

Is this true or not?

Lock if incorrect, old, etc.

FelipeMGM

GT Sports is a great title to launch alongside PSVR, also. does this imply something about NMS working with VR? Doesnt look like it, but who knows

Pophead

GT Sports is a great title to launch alongside PSVR, also. does this imply something about NMS working with VR? Doesnt look like it, but who knows

I don't think so, he stated that he added No Man's Sky as a reference point to prove the photo's legitimacy (since it is actually releasing on that date in Europe)

EDIT: Beaten by a millisecond

If you want PSVR to launch in 2018 that is!
;)

Seriously though, I guess it won't be a fully fledged GT if it "already" releases in October 2016...I mean we pretty much haven't seen anything yet.

FelipeMGM

Also I checked http://scee-press.com/ and they have no updated info on PSVR or GT Sports, but I didnt expect much from there anyway, they are pretty lazy with updates

No, it's just the Sony new release list.

I don't think so, he stated that he added No Man's Sky as a reference point to prove the photo's legitimacy (since it is actually releasing on that date in Europe)

EDIT: Beaten by a millisecond

Just my wishfull thinking I guess. Thx guys!

If you want PSVR to launch in 2018 that is!
;)

Seriously though, I guess it won't be a fully fledged GT if it "already" releases in October 2016...I mean we pretty much haven't seen anything yet.

Gran Turismo 6 was announced in May and launched in December of the same year. We will see GT Sports at E3 and prob at TGS as well, there is plenty of time to show this before October.

If this is true I think this means the PS4 firmware 4.0 update occurs before the 10/12/2016 VR release or Tuesday 10/11/2016. In the past the X.0 firmware updates occur in Sept or October with one PS3 update Nov 30.

PS4 Sept 30, Oct 28
PS3 Nov 8, Sept 1, Nov 30th

The Consumer Electronics industry has plans to support VR in the Browser, with next generation TV (Browser based) and UHD Blu-ray all using HEVC multi-view plus Depthmap.

If this is true I think this means the PS4 firmware 4.0 update occurs before the 10/12/2016 VR release or Tuesday 10/11/2016. In the past the X.0 firmware updates occur in Sept or October with one PS3 update Nov 30.

PS4 Sept 30, Oct 28
PS3 Nov 8, Sept 1, Nov 30th

The Consumer Electronics industry has plans to support VR in the Browser, with next generation TV (Browser based) and UHD Blu-ray all using HEVC multi-view plus Depthmap.

Bah, almost got to the end of an comprehendable rigby post :/

OT: Could very well be speculative/place-holdery, but doesn't seem far-fetched or disagreeable so why not! Are they planning a near simultaneous roll-out with PS VR worldwide?

Hedrush

I can't wait for VR GT Sport!

[also official G27 support!]

G27 support would be amazing!

Doesn't the PS4 use Bluetooth as the "handshake" between the console and controllers even if they are connected via cable, meaning there is absolutely no chance of G27 support as it doesn't have Bluetooth.

I could be way off but I'm sure I read that on here a few months ago.

DieH@rd

Banned
Doesn't the PS4 use Bluetooth as the "handshake" between the console and controllers even if they are connected via cable, meaning there is absolutely no chance of G27 support as it doesn't have Bluetooth.

I could be way off but I'm sure I read that on here a few months ago.
No.

Many supported wheels do not have BT support. This is most likely just Logitech being Logitech.

according to well informed insider Shinobi602

"I've heard that Sony will announce the PS4 Neo at Paris Games Week. This made sense to me because the supposed upgrades are coming in what, October? I would have said this publicly if I was 100% sure, but it's just what I was told," Shinobi602 said during a podcast as reported by Geeksultd.
So the timing for VR, UHD and NEO is tied to the PS4 firmware update 4.0 to support UHD. ALL UHD media uses the HTML5 browser and HTML5 <video> MSE EME and requires a Trusted boot and Trusted Execution Environment where ALL media decryption and encryption occurs...Commercial media enters the TEE (PS4 Southbridge) encrypted and exits Encrypted (HDCP 2.2 occurs in the TEE and is also used for Miracast and DTCP-IP).

In the first two cites here: UHD Blu-ray Game Consoles shipped in 2013 The PS4 and XB1 are UHD capable, shipped in 2013 and will be firmware updated in 2016. Also mentioned is Tier three energy use starting 2017 (new hardware). This is the NEO which will likely follow the PS4 launch schedule; Announced in October and shipping in November as a 2017 console. The XB1 has to wait for HBM with Vega likely late 2017, PS4 could use Polaris because they use GDDR5 and moved the ARM IP out of the APU to Southbridge.

I wonder so is Gamescom out aswell for Sony?

Its earlier this year so maybe PGS is becoming their Euro centric event.
I think it's (major firmware and announcements) more tied to everyone launching HTML5 version 1.0, Vidipath, HEVC profile 10 multi-view plus depth map, VR, WebRTC video chat programs following a standard that allows cross connecting with every other video chat program and the land line phones for a FEE, UHD Blu-ray with Digital bridge (Vidipath for Blu-ray) and Vidipath ATSC 1 & 3 network tuners. Vidipath for Cable TV DVRs was mandated by the FCC for June of 2015.

Antenna TV, UHD Blu-ray and HTML5 Browser have plans to support VR since they use many of the same standards. HEVC multi-view plus depth map lends it'self to VR, head tracking and gesture control as well as reduced bandwidth.

Alexious

I wonder so is Gamescom out aswell for Sony?

Its earlier this year so maybe PGS is becoming their Euro centric event.

Actually, Gamescom was early last year. This year it's back to normal, in the middle of August. I'd be surprised if Sony skipped it once again to go to PGW, a much smaller convention.

Top Bottom