• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity Canceled; Disney Exits Console Publishing; Avalanche Shut [Statement]

Disney cancels struggling Infinity video game line. Takes $147 million charge. End of Disney as video game publisher.

Source

This guy is a film writer at Wall Street Journal who focuses on a lot of Disney stuff. He's live-tweeting some kind of investor's meeting.

I'll edit with more details when I find them.

EDIT: Developing Polygon Article

// Mod Edit:

Disney statement:

“After a thorough evaluation, we have modified our approach to console gaming and will transition exclusively to a licensing model. This shift in strategy means we will cease production of Disney Infinity, where the lack of growth in the toys-to-life market, coupled with high development costs, has created a challenging business model. This means that we will be shutting down Avalanche, our internal studio that developed the game. This was a difficult decision that we did not take lightly given the quality of Disney Infinity and its many passionate fans.”
Source: http://venturebeat.com/2016/05/10/t...rtainment-company-pulls-out-of-console-games/

tf7RNFZ.png

stuminus3

Banned
Iwata: *laughs*

EDIT: this post was made way before any announcement about job cuts when the OP had very little info other than a rumour that Infinity was being shelved. Get over yourselves you humourless sods.

The way Disney handled the Infinity stuff always seemed like the worst option of the big three. Considering the characters under Disney's control, I can't help but feel that they wasted and made so many wrong and bad decisions with it.

Still, striking news.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
This is...shocking if true, considering there were no signals at all on the matter.

Top Bottom