• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mother Goose knocks on police car, seeks help to untangle her duckling from a string

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! This is such a feel good news. I am amazed at the Mother Goose's intelligence. Like she knew us mammals with our fingers would be able to help her baby, so she goes up to the nearest one who happened to be a cop, lead him to her duckling tangled in a balloon string essentially asking him to help it. He calls wildlife, but didn't get a response. He then calls his fellow on duy officer who untangled the duckling while he caught it on his camera (video below the quote)

Momma Goose Asks Officer For Help Untangling Baby From Balloon String
vENH1O4.jpg

Police officers are ordered to serve and protect — and that doesn't leave out animals.

A mother goose in Ohio personally sought out the help of the Cincinnati Police Department Monday when one of her goslings was tangled in a balloon string.

Cincinnati Police Sergeant James Givens told InsideEdition.com: “I was sitting in a patrol car in a parking lot, I heard something pecking on the side of the door and I looked down and I thought the goose was hungry. I was eating a bagel and I tossed it a piece but it didn’t have any. It walked in front of me so I followed it and it took me to its baby that was tangled in rope.”

Sergeant Givens called the SPCA Wildlife, which had no one to assist. He then made a call over the radio and Officer Cecilia Charron arrived to lend a hand.

Officer Charron approached the mother goose to see what the issue was.

“It’s weird because it kept the distance and it kept the baby calm. I’ve never seen anything like this before,” Givens said. “I said it must be a motherly instinct, the mother didn’t attack her or nothing, seeing the thing run off that was the best part.”

Givens filmed the encounter and posted the video on Facebook.

The string came from a Mother’s Day balloon that must have floated away from its recipient.

“I don’t know why I didn’t just drive off and keep going. It kept looking up, it kept quacking, the only thing I can think of, is that I go down there and drink a cup of coffee sometimes,” he said. “They never came that close to me in the police car before, I was just amazed how she didn’t attack us. I was a little nervous.”

Givens, who has served on the force for more than 25 years, is nearing retirement. Charron has been on the force for 24 years and said that was the most memorable moment of her career.

Youtube Video of Officer untangling the duckling

So my take away from this is that a veteran cop with 26 years of experience was afraid of being attacked by a fucking goose.

Not a chance I'm helping a goose.

Geese are psychotic.

Yeah, if I saw one pecking on my car I would probably suspect that another one was about to bumrush me from the passenger window or something.

Quite a large flock lived around my grandparent's pond and everyone knew to stay the hell away from them at all times, under all circumstances.

Every goose I encounter hisses at me.

I ran across three geese at a park right around sunset. It was lovely so wanted to take a couple of pictures. They all immediately spread out their wings and advanced on me menacingly. Had time to get two quick snaps before being forced to nope my way out of there.

Geese are not to be fucked with when it comes their kids. I work at a place where there are geese here year round except for Winter.

For the most part they won't bother you but when it's time for them to lay eggs, avoid at all cost. Every year there are people who get attacked by Geese at my job and although it's pretty funny to see people's reactions, I'm wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

Anth0ny

A goose legit attacked me a few weeks ago as I was going from my car to my work.

When I went inside, IT WAITED FOR MY ASS TO COME BACK OUT

CgpzpiUU8AEn9Hp.jpg:large

So my take away from this is that a veteran cop with 26 years of experience was afraid of being attacked by a fucking goose.

Quoted death but that is a reasonable fear.

I used to run around a lake and there was this one fucking goose, who every morning would chase me, hissing and running after me as I jogged around. Motherfucker was the devil.

If it was a swan I wouldn't roll down the window. They'll put their young in danger just to bait you out of the car, tie it to a railroad track and come down on you when you try to intervene.

This guy found out:

Notice it's puffy and undulates around so you can't even tell where exactly or how big or what until it's pecking at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom