• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New trailer and Info on GT Sports coming in May 19

FelipeMGM

EDIT: GT SPORT, no s. Sorry

Just announced via PS Blog EU

PS Blog said:
Hello GT fans! We’re thrilled to announce that on 19th May we’ll be streaming brand-new GT Sport footage from an exclusive London event, and sharing new details about the latest entry in Polyphony Digital‘s acclaimed racing series. Not only that, but we’ll also be streaming Pre-Season Test of FIA Gran Turismo Championship Cups – the Nations Cup Pre-Season Test and the Manufacturer Fan Cup Pre-Season Test. We’re also lucky enough to have nine full-scale Vision GT Cars and two quarter-size models present at the event, which is a world first!
If you want to stay in the know, make sure you watch the stream via either the PlayStation Europe YouTube channel or the Gran Turismo YouTube channel on the 19th May, from 6.45pm BST

The stream will be hosted by a mix of GT and motoring experts. Our hosts will be providing you with English commentary on the following activities:

6.45pm BST – 7.00pm BST: Run down of the day’s events, news and a showcase of the brand new GT SPORT trailer
7.00pm BST – 8.30pm BST: Nations Cup Pre-Season Test and the Manufacturer Fan Cup Pre-Season Test of the FIA Gran Turismo Championships:
The Manufacturer Fan Cup Pre-Season Test
The Nations Cup Pre-Season Test
8.30pm BST – 9.00pm BST: Trophy ceremonies [1st, 2nd and 3rd place for each cup]
We’re pleased to announce that we’ll have very limited places up for grabs for fans on the second day of the two-day London event, on Friday 20th May. Look out for more information soon on how to get involved on our PlayStation UK social channels and GT Planet.

We look forward to joining you on the stream!
CiRlgtjWUAAe3XV.jpg:large

I wonder if that means no GT at E3. Prob does

EDIT:

better be getting rid of PS2 classic car models and focusing on a smaller roster of premium only

dont need 700+ cars when most look awful

its 2016, lets use that PS4 hardware

DieH@rd

Banned
better be getting rid of PS2 classic car models and focusing on a smaller roster of premium only

dont need 700+ cars when most look awful

its 2016, lets use that PS4 hardware

Kazunori has already said that in his view presence of older cars does not hurt the game because the team is focused on new stuff and old cars are there for fans who want to drive them.

I don't mind them also.

Famassu

I wonder if that means no GT at E3. Prob does
Why would it mean that? Sony has revealed lots of games within ~a month from E3 that have been featured in their E3 line-up. They just have lots of games, no need for everything to be buried under all the E3 announcements, it's better to show some before to maximize exposure.

Why would it mean that? Sony has revealed lots of games within ~a month from E3 that have been featured in their E3 line-up. They just have lots of games, no need for everything to be buried under all the E3 announcements, it's better to show some before to maximize exposure.

Yeah, GT6 was unveiled before E3 and it still showed up there. And that was a year they were focused on showing off the PS4.

I am ready.

I also wish track racing was more popular in the US. I'm lucky to have one of the best races in the entire world literally minutes from me (the Pikes Peak Hill Climb) but it doesn't make up for the lack of coverage in track sports on television.

On that note, I hope the Hill Climb makes it into a GT game, finally.

JamboGT

I am ready.

I also wish track racing was more popular in the US. I'm lucky to have one of the best races in the entire world literally minutes from me (the Pikes Peak Hill Climb) but it doesn't make up for the lack of coverage in track sports on television.

It was in Gran Turismo 2 :p Needs to make it back in.

skynidas

Banned
awesome, can't wait for this. Gran Turismo is my favorite game, there's something about these games that it's special.

Niks

Nice, finally we'll get some concrete info on what GT sport is about.

I'm sure the trailer will look amazing.

I am ready.

You may be in luck as this is what Kaz mentioned last year

"Of course, surveying of Pikes Peak has already been completed, and the course seems to have been converted into data ."

Zukkoyaki

Remember 2010 when they announced Infamous 2, Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, SOCOM 4, and Motorstorm Apocalypse all in the like 2-3 months prior to E3? That was nuts!

I agree with your point!

I'd rather they keep any standards that haven't been redone yet.

No way

not unless they also add in options to filter them out

GT5 and GT6 you could pick only premiums to race but no way to prevent the AI from picking standards so essentially you were stuck staring at ugly low poly cars

wont buy if they have standards and dont allow filtering

alba

Little is the new Big
My body is ready. Can't wait to see what's in store after all of what GT5/6 offered feature-wise.

eFKac

So that's when they announce the delay! Excited!

Actually excited about this but still expecting a delay even if not announced yet

AndyD

aka andydumi
A nice pre-E3 blowout. I like it. But if it's just a trailer and no details or answers to people's questions, its a huge missed opportunity.

Kazunori has already said that in his view presence of older cars does not hurt the game because the team is focused on new stuff and old cars are there for fans who want to drive them.

I don't mind them also.

So what about people that dont want to have to see them in their races?

I really hope PD stick their head out of the sand and dont mess this up.

GT5 and 6 are games where a bunch of tiny little wrong choices really added up.

Top Bottom