• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Serkan Toto rumor: Resident Evil 7 reveal at E3, will go back to horror roots

Zalman

Also by former KojiPro staff.

https://twitter.com/serkantoto

1) About Resident Evil 7: Yes, it's in development. The entire game will go back to RE's horror roots and (essentially) be a clean slate.

2) They will show it at E3. The RE7 team hired Jordan Amaro, a designer who previously worked on MGS V and P. T. at Kojima Productions. /end

Well that's promising, especially the bit about the guy what worked on PT. How good is this Serkan Toto fellow's track record?

Lakitu

st5fu
Is it too much to expect for them to ditch the cheesiness and make just one focused game? My interest in a series hasn't dropped off as much as it has as Resident Evil.

Kinsei

Banned
That's cool. While I really like the action RE games like 4 & 6, I would love to see a new horror game with a bigger budget than Revelations 2. I hope it's true.

Ydelnae

I'm excited about this. I want a more local story with focus on the enviroment and base enemies that are actually dangerous.

Kazuhira

That sounds awesome,maybe too awesome to be true...mmmm
I liked the clean slate part,maybe a soft reboot?(same characters but new story)

BroBot

Please don't be a reboot and please keep 6's combat system.

giphy.gif

2) They will show it at E3. The RE7 team hired Jordan Amaro, a designer who previously worked on MGS V and P. T. at Kojima Productions. /end

Uhhh....

I'll stay optimistic and keep an open mind till I see and try the game.

Tain

I'd rather they continue down the RE6 complicated third-person shooter path, but I'm interested regardless.

I find it hard to believe that they'd move away from the RE4 formula given how popular the series has become since then. And on top of that they've created smaller projects (Revelations, remakes/remasters etc) to make fans of the classic games happy. I'd love it to be true, but it's definitely hard to believe.

LeonSPBR

I've been hearing things like "RE will go back to it's horror roots" for years now and never happen, so I truly doubt it they will do it now considering that RE6 sold enough to get a remaster. IMO we will get something like RE6, Co-op first, action second, and with very little horror within it.

Ridley327

Is it too much to expect for them to ditch the cheesiness and make just one focused game? My interest in a series hasn't dropped off as much as it has as Resident Evil.

Cheese has been a vital part of the series since the very first game!

Top Bottom