• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Tuorial] Backup/restore your Wii U saves

TunaLover

REMEMBER INJECT FUNCTION WILL OVERWRITE YOUR PREVIOUS SAVE!!!

Why?
Maybe you lost your save, or not feeling like grinding too much. Actually there's no official method to backup/restore your saves, and rescuing your saves to a storage device will only work in the Wii U you made the backup.

What do you need
  • Wii U connected to internet
  • PC in the same network as Wii U
  • SD card compatible with Wii U (whatever size)

Let's do this!
Go to your PC
  1. And set your IP address to static: control panel>network and sharing center>change adapter settings>"your_network">right click>properties>highlight> (TCP/IPv4)>properties>
    And set this
    tuto_save1.jpg
  2. Click "Ok".
  3. Download Saviine server and put it on your harddrive root (this is important).
  4. Download this and copy to your SD root. Insert the SD card on your Wii U
  5. Open Save-Mii v01 as Administrator, select Launch Saviine Dump, now the server should be running

Go to your Wii U
  1. In your Wii U Internet Browser go to http://www.wiiubru.com/
  2. If everything went ok it will launch Homebrew Launcher, now select Saviine app (the one with red icon).
  3. Set your PC IP address (in our example 192.168.1.8) with d-pad, press A.
  4. Now start a game, and it will start the save dump automatic. Your save will be stored in saviine_root folder.

To inject simple Launch Saviine Inject

Can I use the backup save for Loadiine after? How would that work???

I want to backup all my games but I havent been able to use the saves stored from the disc versions in Loadiine

Nice to know, in case something goes wrong.

Can you use them on another wii u though, if the same account is set up on that one (if one broke for example)?

Thanks OP I guess this could be useful.

While I am sure this is all safe I am bit scared to mess something up ...

I really wish we did not need to go through such a process just to back up our saves :(

doc5avage

Neo Member
This is very good. I'll be doing this as soon as I can find the time. Is this something Nintendo is likely to patch out?

Fandangox

So this would theoretically allow for the sharing of savefiles? As in multiple people "playing the same game? Like what people do in those Fire Emblem drafts runs?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome, thanks to this I can probably now sell the console in peace.

TunaLover

So this would theoretically allow for the sharing of savefiles? As in multiple people "playing the same game? Like what people do in those Fire Emblem drafts runs?
Yes, this way saves are not locked to the console

This is very good. I'll be doing this as soon as I can find the time. Is this something Nintendo is likely to patch out?
The whole Homebrew Launcher and kernel exploit yes.

You don't need homebrew to back up saves. You just need a second storage device.
But it's limited to the console from where you generate the save, you can't transfer to another system as second storage devices are locked to the console too.

Top Bottom