• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Xbox Streamer ($99), Xbox TV ($150-$175), Xbox Mini, & Xbox 2017 coming, more

Archive of Stream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQnTcwe1t5U

1. "Xbox Mini is Real"

2. Chromecast style "Super-Streamer" Xbox. (~$99)

3. Second Xbox streaming device (~$150 -> ~$175): a bit bigger than the chromecast-like device but "not an Xbox One crammed into a tiny box". This is more of a replacement for those who would buy 360 as a media box in 2015. He thinks this device will leverage the Windows Store to play "lightweight" games. Things like Hitman: Go rather than Rise of the Tomb Raider.

4. Details get fuzzy at this point for Brad. Does not think MS will go for 4K gaming yet. Thinks the next system will be more of an iterative step.

5. Xbox becoming a platform. MS playing around with bringing the Xbox interface to PC (Redstone 2 related). Think Media Center for games. Speculation: "think further down the road - what if Xbox becomes software?"

6. Microsoft focused on "extensible" systems. It's the "magic" word in Microsoft right now.

7. Brad thinks MS will do something "Big" for the next Xbox in 2017. Thinks the Eurogamer article is "onto something" but thinks they have their wires crossed in some respects. MS doing "crazy" stuff. VR may play a part.

8. MS knows gaming is the "bread-and-butter" for Xbox and will show that at E3 but still want to "attack the living-room" and appeal to cord-cutters. Xbox One is currently too expensive/big for that audience.

9. Updated controller that will look mostly the same. Minor revision.

10. PC gaming big for Microsoft and E3 will reflect that. Look to see MS continue to try and bring Xbox and PC together.

11. Thinks we could see a upgrade (minor) to the current Xbox One but is fuzzy on that.

Update:

Did I listen to the same podcast as the rest of you?

He said

1) Xbox streaming stick, similar to a Chromecast
2) Xbox TV similar to a roku/apple TV NOT a XBO slim.
3) Xbox new box, VR enabled, revealed spring 2017, based on new architecture
4) Xbox 1.5, 4k output revealed later this year
5) Xbox interface being worked on as a BPM for PC.

Nirolak's Note: He didn't say the Xbox 2 was 10 TFLOPs, to be clear.

Nirolak's Note 2: We're not 100% sure if the Xbox 1.5 is just an Xbox Slim type system called the Xbox Mini or an upgraded system.

Thought i'd conceptualize the hints from the stream to make them a bit easier to digest

8AAqigz.jpg

----

672e8768-d75a-4c68-82bd-e9b003e997e3.jpg

Thurrott.com (Specially Brad Sams) have a live-stream up that is going to cover some information relating to "Xbox 1, Xbox 2, Xbox E3". Currently just going over the Windows phone news but should be getting to the relevant Xbox information soon. Figured that due to the source (he called the Xbox Elite controller) it warranted a thread - could still turn out to be nothing though so keep that in mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dze5fpnJbx8

Tom Warren:
All I can say is that there will be Xbox hardware that's 40% smaller than the current one.

microsoft further transitioning to pc, not too surprised

NEW ARCHITECTURE AND REVAMP FOR XBOX for *next year* e3

more new xbox stuff next year, spring

potentially vr

"attack living room", attract cord cutters

new hardware, e3

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'll do a full title revamp when he finishes, but please keep posting in here as he says new things so I can get everything in the title.

Mr Git

Concentrating on media/the living room. Sounds familiar.

"multiple pieces of new hardware at E3"

Controller revision is only minor.

ekim

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dze5fpnJbx8

He heard Xbox Interface is coming to PC. His guess is, that every PC can be an Xbox.

This E3 we will get several Xbox Slims. One is like a Chromecast and one is a bigger one. No real details.

Xbox 1.5 coming next year according to him. Citing the Eurogamer.it 10TFlop article but heard independently.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Still trying to dominate the living room?

Well, i'd potentially be down for a 69$ Apple-TV clone that streams all my content and PC games.

2 devices at e3

streaming will be big

living room focus, attract cord cutters

pc focus, integrate xbox with windows

new xbox stuff, hardware

4k video playbacl

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Very interesting stuff. This is so damn cool.

It seems like Microsoft has ditched the idea of "all in one entertainment" and will have more hardware that specializes in different areas. This is fantastic news!!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Okay so let me see if I got this correct so far:

1.) The Xbox 1.5/Xbox 2 is being unveiled at E3 2017 (or at least in Spring 2017). It's based on a new architecture.

2.) A separate new hardware device - a smaller version of the current Xbox One called the Xbox Mini - is being unveiled at E3 2016.

3.) Microsoft is hoping to go after cord cutters and have more livingroom oriented stuff.

4.) The Xbox One's UI is coming to the PC version of Xbox Live.

Do I have this all correct?

ekim

1.) The Xbox 1.5/Xbox 2 is being unveiled at E3 2017 (or at least in Spring 2017). It's based on a new architecture.

2.) A separate new hardware device - a smaller version of the current Xbox One called the Xbox Mini - is being unveiled at E3 2016.

3.) Microsoft is hoping to go after cord cutters and have more livingroom oriented stuff.

There will be at least two devices this E3. One Chromecast size and one real slim (size of a lunchbox)

a.wd

So Xbox crammed into a smaller device and a streaming device? meh.

Xbox 1.5 as long as it has the tv in and out then I can mix it in.

Very interesting stuff. This is so damn cool.

It seems like Microsoft has ditched the idea of "all in one entertainment" and will have more hardware that specializes in different areas. This is fantastic news!!

Yup

Because it means if there's any merit to this Xbox Two coming next year, it'll be a real contender.

Announced by Brad Sams

Xbox Nano - will be a streaming device similar to Chromecast and Amazon's Fire TV. Pricing point may be around $100.

Xbox Slim - Slightly bigger. He does not use the name slim, but from what it sounds like that would be the case

Xbox 10 TFlop - looks to be in the works, but doubtful to be announced at E3. Instead he is hearing Spring 2017 as a release date. Virtual Reality and 4K Video playback will be a thing. He says this leak comes outside of Microsoft so its no guarantee.

Xbox Interface coming to PC, and Xbox + PC will be a big theme at E3 as more stuff is coming to PC.

ps3ud0

Thats got wait for //build/ written all over it - not aware of any other major MS events around that time - though maybe to devs then and E3 to public...

ps3ud0 8)

Mr Git

Mentioned a much closer integration of Xbox/Windows "MS owns the PC gaming platform". I'd imagine this will be MS doubling down on cross platform play, if anything.

Madness

In line with their moves. Xbox has gone from a system to a service. It is what Microsoft now envisions as its games service across a variety of devices. Won't be long until all Xbox is in the future is streamed games you can play on any device you own ex: smartphone, tablet, PC, TV etc.

Though with the pivot to PC, I am pretty much finished with MS hardware though. Xbox One has been a pretty jank console. If I can play Halo on PC, no reason to buy their propreitary or low end/limited hardware.

Are these actually for, you know, playing videogames? Or just streaming content?

he said something about attempts to attract cord cutters, so probably not

maybe something like mobile games or apps is possible rather than something like console call of duty

ekim

Are these actually for, you know, playing videogames? Or just streaming content?

The smaller one probably for streaming. With the Xbox Interface coming to PC (assuming this is correct) you probably can just use your PC and stream games to your TV.

This is basically like "Your PC is an Xbox"

The bigger one is most probably an actually resized Slim Model.

JaggedSac

Thats got wait for //build/ written all over it - not aware of any other major MS events around that time...

ps3ud0 8)

The rumors are that the new Surfaces are going to release next spring for Anniversary Update 2. The new Xbox will likely be announced at the same event as the surfaces.

gamz

Exiting stuff! I'm down for the Xbox TV device. I was in the market for another Roku, but I'll hold off now. Can't wait to see what the beast is gonna be in Spring 2017!

salromano

By the sounds of it, the two smaller devices are just Xbox-branded, but won't actually play Xbox games yeah? For the lunchbox style one, he was talking about the potential for apps. He also said the Chromecast-style device will cost around $100, possibly less, and the larger device will cost around $150 to $175.

Anyway, my stream died while we was talking about E3 and the Xbox message for games, etc.

Top Bottom