• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK - Overall hardware sales down 22.6% YTD (PS4 is the only console to grow +6.7%)

As expected. Loads of console fans rushed the store to replace their PS360 and the second wave is much smaller. Consoles have a lot of competiton now: phones, tablets, Steam, Netflix.

You'd think the Xbone would at least stay even, seeing as they had Quantum Break this year, compared to absolutely nothing last year. I guess the PS4 is just solidifying its position and all those factors people talk about, like what console their friends have, are coming into play.

You'd think the Xbone would at least stay even, seeing as they had Quantum Break this year, compared to absolutely nothing last year. I guess the PS4 is just solidifying its position and all those factors people talk about, like what console their friends have, are coming into play.

Iirc dirt rally outsold QB in the UK so i guess QB at least in the UK wasn't a hit for Microsoft

Some average reviewed linear game wasn't going to make a difference.

Nictel

what does this mean in context? Is it panic stations?

Nah the dropoff is less than in the PS3/360 era:

At the same time, this is not a red alert for console gaming. The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are still trending 40 percent higher than the cumulative sales after the same 30 month period compared to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
Source: http://venturebeat.com/2016/05/12/a...tchet-clank-lead-as-gaming-industry-drops-15/
This is for NPD but this won't be that much different from the UK market

But i thought everyone told me the XBox one is fine and selling well?

At the same time, this is not a red alert for console gaming. The Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are still trending 40 percent higher than the cumulative sales after the same 30 month period compared to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

lets see the split in that one then? bundling them together doesn't give a good picture of the health of the individual consoles, if of that 40% one is 30% and one is 10% its very different.

You also don't see the movement in the percentage to beable to see the long term trends, If one is currently 10% up but it was 20% up 12 months ago, then thats not good.

You can't tell anything in detail from that statement..hence it being put out, its PR, i'm sure someone has the detail behind them.

Moozo

PS4 sold extremely well out the blocks having cannibalised Xbox and Nintendo sales, of course it's slowing. It's not some kind of crisis.

Iirc dirt rally outsold QB in the UK so i guess QB at least in the UK wasn't a hit for Microsoft

I seem to recall it doing about 32k on release, which was the biggest MS-published new IP of the generation so far. But comparatively speaking for MS' second biggest market, that doesn't seem very impressive.

notaskwid

The slow, inevitable death of consoles continues.

image.php

PS4 is still selling so well, it's pretty incredible and I've just seen news they have gone past 40 million PS4's sold now.

I believe both Xbox One and PS4 are both still pretty far ahead of what 360 and PS3 did in the same time frame too, so it's not too bad for both sides really.

ps3ud0

Why no Wii data to get a better idea of the whole market?
I believe both Xbox One and PS4 are both still pretty far ahead of what 360 and PS3 did in the same time frame too, so it's not too bad for both sides really.
PS4 yes, XO no not far ahead at all - before Scorpio launches I expect the 360 to be in the lead (basing that off NPD)...

ps3ud0 8)

Welfare

So would this be up to week 20?

Also, this would mean in 2015, the PS4 sold 193,977 up to what ever point they are comparing to.

Top Bottom