• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX Encore announced for 3DS.

Deft Beck

Seen at the Rising Star Games booth at London MCM.

Seems to be DJMAX Portable Hot Tunes, aka the "best of" game released on the PSP in 2010, but on the 3DS. Notes scroll on the touchscreen, top screen is for the MVs.

http://www.bemanistyle.com/2016/05/28/djmax-encore-announced-for-nintendo-3ds/

za8YvLQ.jpg

xwaCDeE.jpg

UxXkfVS.jpg

Regiruler

That sign in the back says Koei Tecmo Europe meaning this is a European (or at least Non-Japan) convention, so I assume that means this is coming West?

Deft Beck

That sign in the back says Koei Tecmo Europe meaning this is a European (or at least Non-Japan) convention, so I assume that means this is coming West?

Neowiz has been very prudent about Western releases for DJMAX. More than likely, the US and EU will get it.

The OP did say it was at Rising Star Games' booth at London MCM Comic Con. If its debuting in the West, it's getting a release in the West.

Ikon

Hmmm.... This could be good. I fear the buttons may be a bit small/close to each other but maybe I'm misremembering how big the PSP was?

Oregano

3DS has a rather sizable rhythm game fanbase, with everything from PD to Theatrhythm to Rhythm Heaven, etc.

edit: beaten

Considering this is first being shown in the west it's equally about localising a PSP game on a relevant platform in 2016 without having to put in a massive amount of work.

Deft Beck

Bought. Looks like another rehash of Portable 2 in terms of style, which is kind of hilarious.

Neowiz really has no other ideas.

Considering this is first being shown in the west it's equally about localising a PSP game on a relevant platform in 2016 without having to put in a massive amount of work.

Right. Though, anyone interested in Portable 2 and its ilk would have gotten the other entries by now. You could have gotten DJMAX Fever, the previous PSP Western title, for as little as $5 when it was faltering at retail.

Maybe I'm wrong and it'll do fine?

Yasumi

Banned
The Vita wasn't considered for DJMax because the control scheme doesn't feel as good as the PSP's, but this is coming out on 3DS?

Having played rhythm games extensively on PSP, 3DS, and Vita, I really wouldn't want to play something as intense as DJMax on something with such horrible ergonomics, non-mirrored buttons, and imbalanced weight distribution.

Deft Beck

The Vita wasn't considered for DJMax because the control scheme doesn't feel as good as the PSP's, but this is coming out on 3DS?

Having played rhythm games extensively on PSP, 3DS, and Vita, I really wouldn't want to play something as intense as DJMax on something with such horrible ergonomics, non-mirrored buttons, and imbalanced weight distribution.

They probably picked 3DS because Respect is for the unsaturated PS4 rhythm game market and the Vita already has a lot of rhythm games.

Falk

that puzzling face
Honestly speaking, if something like Superbeat Xonic can't do well on the platform (and I'm saying "if" - I have no idea how it's doing) then I don't think DJMAX with -maybe- a comparable lineup of new music has any chance.

Superbeat Xonic plays like a dream with VITA controls

RS4-

Maybe I can finally played this. Because fuck those import prices for the psp/vita ones. Then again, I'll just have to wait and see what pricing will be here lol.

.la1n

Always need more Rhythm games in the world, never owned a Vita so always felt like I was missing out on this series. Never could get the iPhone version to work.

Takao

Banned
Honestly speaking, if something like Superbeat Xonic can't do well on the platform (and I'm saying "if" - I have no idea how it's doing) then I don't think DJMAX with -maybe- a comparable lineup of new music has any chance.

Actually, I'm thinking the opposite. DJMax seemed pretty dead and burried until 6 months after Superbeat launched. Neowiz is just peddling compilations, so that does come across as a reactionary move.

Awesome! I've never ventured into this series but have always wanted to. I still want to check out the Vita installments.
Yay for more rhythm games!

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Now I know why PM Studios never made Hot Tunes available on Vita.

Yea makes no sense lol. Ill still buy this though.

OMG! YES!!! DJMAX IS BACK(for the second time, first as PS4 game)

I remember a long time ago there were rumors of a Ds or 3ds djmax game, also about an xbox version...

God I love music games so much, and djmax is one of the best for me...

Too bad I live in Mexico, Portable 3 is only available in the NA store, so I can't play it u.u

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Huuuuhhhhhh. I'd still probably get it on PS4, but neat to see this coming to 3DS, meaning a new market will be able to try this game out.

Hell, if it wasn't for my fear of how grindy heavy it'll be to unlock everything, I'd probably get both just so I can have one for on the go + headphones.

Deft Beck

OMG! YES!!! DJMAX IS BACK(for the second time, first as PS4 game)

I remember a long time ago there were rumors of a Ds or 3ds djmax game, also about an xbox version...

God I love music games so much, and djmax is one of the best for me...

Too bad I live in Mexico, Portable 3 is only available in the NA store, so I can't play it u.u

Portable 3 is disappointing. Mostly remixes, grindy, difficulty levels are uneven

Huuuuhhhhhh. I'd still probably get it on PS4, but neat to see this coming to 3DS, meaning a new market will be able to try this game out.

Hell, if it wasn't for my fear of how grindy heavy it'll be to unlock everything, I'd probably get both just so I can have one for on the go + headphones.

Get the PS4 one.

Portable 3 is disappointing. Mostly remixes, grindy, difficulty levels are uneven

Oh, I know it's kinda disappointing, but I still like the game, and since I don't have a psp, it kinda sucks that I cannot play it within legal methods.

Superbeat xonic is doing an excellent job to make me feel that excitement again n.n

Actually, I'm thinking the opposite. DJMax seemed pretty dead and burried until 6 months after Superbeat launched. Neowiz is just peddling compilations, so that does come across as a reactionary move.
Reactionary maybe, but since it allows me to play all my favorites again since I no longer have a psp I couldn't care less.

I like xonic but I dislike how there are no videos during gameplay:/

Still in for ps4, hoping they update the videos to hd.

Deft Beck

Reactionary maybe, but since it allows me to play all my favorites again since I no longer have a psp I couldn't care less.

Still in for ps4, hoping they update the videos to hd.

There are videos during the Guilty Gear and Magical Beat DLC songs.

I would have loved for videos, the blazblue song with the op video in the back looks really good, and the vita makes videos look gorgeous

patientx

The only problem here is ds screen can't multitouch. It works for osu,rhythm heaven etc. but here ... I don't know...

I will certainly look out for this one! I already own Theathrythm: Curtain Call and Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX for the 3DS.

More rhythm games is always a good thing. Vita and 3DS are both pretty solid in this department.

I had always wondered why we hadn't seen a DJMAX entry on the 3DS family given its install base; happy to see that change.

Portable systems are my favourite methods to play rhythm games (headphones, no lag) so I'll definitely be supporting their first 3DS effort.

Top Bottom