• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5 releasing June 28th on PS4/XB1

Ibuki

Banned
In addition to the climactic story campaign, fans will also get every piece of add-on content previously released. This includes additional story add-ons “Lost in Nightmares” and “Desperate Escape,” along with No Mercy Mode, which was previously available only on PC, and the all-encompassing The Mercenaries United. No Mercy Mode takes advantage of the extra power of current-gen consoles to throw even larger hordes of enemies at players. The Mercenaries United consolidates every piece of Mercenaries content that was originally released for RE5.

Fans can get their hands on Resident Evil 5 when it releases digitally for PS4 and Xbox One on June 28. A retail disc version will release shortly afterwards in North America on July 12. If you’re planning to pick up RE5 on Xbox One, you can also preorder now!

http://www.capcom-unity.com/timturi...ase-dates-for-resident-evil-5-on-ps4-xbox-one

5d072a01c61c4bd5fa5c2bf968f6dfea.jpg

d46e5c364d77727772b0adb8e2c315c7.jpg

Tons of information posted by Famitsu: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201605/31107032.html

Lime

Good to see Sheva having a significant visual presence in the banner. I hope the cover of it keeps maintains this marketing.

The originalcover we initially saw for the announcement erased one of the few black female protagonists in all of gaming as history (regardless of its excuse as the cover of the Gold edition, the fact remains that she got erased)

Ascenion

Sheva it's so good to see you again. Damn shame I doubt you'll ever be in another RE game, but we'll always have 5.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Nice, same day as Star Ocean 5 and Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Will buy. I skipped out on RE6, but i actually really enjoyed RE5 on 360

Ibuki

Banned
Good to see Sheva having a significant visual presence in the banner. I hope the cover of it keeps maintains this marketing.

The originalcover we initially saw for the announcement erased one of the few black female protagonists in all of gaming as history (regardless of its excuse as the cover of the Gold edition, the fact remains that she got erased)

Based on the reveal, the RE6 cover stayed the same as well. So I would probably expect the Gold Edition cover to stick. I guess we will see once it goes up on Amazon though!

Lucentto

Banned
Well, at least this game is better than 6. That's not saying much though. I might get this just because I liked the DLC. It does come with it right?

So a month from now. Nice.
I really disliked it when it came out since it's a heavy drop in quality from RE4 and I really hate the emphasis on co-op, but I've warmed up to it over the years.
It's like RE4, but not as good.
And that's good enough. Especially for $20.

This game was also surprisingly very fun with the Move controller.

Son Of D

So looking at that timeline can we expect RE7 this holiday season?

I think Capcom might release RE7 early 2017, before the fiscal year ends. Give it time to itself as opposed to releasing it that close to RE4's remaster where both games would get in the other one's way.

Cindro

I still can't comprehend the amount of hate this game gets from some people. Just because it wasn't as groundbreaking as 4 doesn't mean it wasn't still a worthy followup. I absolutely love RE5, and am now excited out of nowhere to replay it when this rerelease hits

I still can't comprehend the amount of hate this game gets from some people. Just because it wasn't as groundbreaking as 4 doesn't mean it wasn't still a worthy followup. I absolutely love RE5, and am now excited out of nowhere to replay it when this rerelease hits

I agree 110%. 5 is easily in my top 5 favorites of the entire series.

Shauni

The hate stems more from bitterness surrounding departure from the old school formula. Even 4 gets a lot of hate from that group nowadays.

She's not erased. She may not be in the cover, but it's not like she was replaced by Jill in the game itself.

highrider

Banned
These are worth it to me to have digital copies of on my ps4. They don't take up that much space at least re6 didn't. I have dmc 4 the definitive edition and I'll get all of these. I like these games, they are fun and I keep coming back. Lost Planet 1 & 2 definitive edition please.

Bane

Finally, the good one I've been waiting for. Pretty stoked to pick this up, will be co-oping through it with a friend on PSN.

Ascenion

Based on the reveal, the RE6 cover stayed the same as well. So I would probably expect the Gold Edition cover to stick. I guess we will see once it goes up on Amazon though!

I really hope not. I don't find that cover to be representative of RE5 as a whole. Jill is only DLC. Sheva deserves the top billing.

Digital only in the UK though, right? As long as it's on disc in the USA, I will import.
Still have 6 sealed in the box, been too busy with uncharted and fallout, but I do like number 5 so I will play as soon as I get a copy.

Shin-Ra

Forward rendering MT Framework, anything less than 1080p60 4xMSAA would be disappointing. Even better, they'd put the dynamic MSAA from the original console releases to work for 4-8 or even more samples.

Downsampling would be nice too but lets not get too crazy!

Top Bottom